PDA

View Full Version : 1 Mil for a doublewide?

Freak
07-06-2005, 07:42 AM
CA have you lost your mind?
A two-bedroom, two-bathroom mobile home perched on a lot in Malibu is selling for $1.4 million. Two others sold in the area recently for $1.3 million and $1.1 million. Another, at $1.8 million, is in escrow. Nearby, another lists for $2.7 million.

Essexive G's
07-06-2005, 07:47 AM
The land = $1,299972.5
Doublewide = $27.50
Beverly Hillbillies = priceless

NOTALENT
07-06-2005, 07:48 AM
CA have you lost your mind?
A two-bedroom, two-bathroom mobile home perched on a lot in Malibu is selling for $1.4 million. Two others sold in the area recently for $1.3 million and $1.1 million. Another, at $1.8 million, is in escrow. Nearby, another lists for $2.7 million.
the real estate prices are out of control right now....a house in ghetto ass long beach, off pine would be looking at around $350,000+ and thats to risk you life everday..and get robbed.. :jawdrop: :D

Redneck
07-06-2005, 07:58 AM
so wht your saying those people in Malibu are rich trailer trash :hammerhea

alfonzo
07-06-2005, 08:07 AM
so wht your saying those people in Malibu are rich trailer trash :hammerhea
White trash with cash!

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-06-2005, 08:11 AM
High Class White Trash

Freak
07-06-2005, 08:12 AM
I'll be white trash for that kind of cash...LOL...

Redneck
07-06-2005, 08:12 AM
my double wide has spinners

topless
07-06-2005, 08:14 AM
Mike rents me his parking lot for cheap since I have Rex Marine stick :) ers all over the trailer.

crf311
07-06-2005, 08:15 AM
I would not want to be around when the bubble bust on the real estate in calf. The people out there are going to lose a lot of money . just my .02

River Lynchmob
07-06-2005, 08:27 AM
I would not want to be around when the bubble bust on the real estate in calf. The people out there are going to lose a lot of money . just my .02
The bubble here is not going to burst...it may level off but it wont burst. The demand is still much higher that the supply and it has been like this for the last 10 to 11 years. The last time the bubble "burst" property prices bropped by about 25% in the early 90's...if that's a burst i'll still put my money in property any day of the week and twice on sunday's in real estate over the stock market.
And thats my .02 :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-06-2005, 08:35 AM
There are always more people coming than going here
Generally speaking, true. However, 2004 or 2003 was the first year in a LONG time that more people moved out of state than moved in to CA.

NoCal NoBoat
07-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Freak -
Sounds like "Paradise Cove" ? (SoCal locals will know better than I). I saw it on the Travel Channel, HGTV, one of those...
Killer location in Malibu on/near the ocean. Not your typical double wides. Most homes have been extensively remodeled, losing their "mobile" status years ago. Homes seldom come on the market, and are quickly snatched up when they do.
CA+Ocean front/access = location, location, location = $$$$$

Freak
07-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I think your right on the place. That's still some big dollars.

78Eliminator
07-06-2005, 09:55 AM
In North San Diego County (San Marcos), I saw a couple double wide mobile homes in a mobile home park that were selling for $300,000. I thought that was nuts.....

Boozer
07-06-2005, 10:16 AM
The bubble here is not going to burst...it may level off but it wont burst. The demand is still much higher that the supply and it has been like this for the last 10 to 11 years. The last time the bubble "burst" property prices bropped by about 25% in the early 90's...if that's a burst i'll still put my money in property any day of the week and twice on sunday's in real estate over the stock market.
And thats my .02 :D
I've talked to numerous people in the industry and they are all predicting that the market will slow down and flatten out in the next year or two. I believe home sales are already slowing down slightly but nobody seems to be to concerned.
Personally, I'm outta here in 12-14 months. Gettin my sh*t back together and gettin out. The prices here are to high for my tastes and if I have to deal with this traffice for much more then a year I'm going to lose my mind.
1 mill is a lot of money for a trailer I don't care what kinda view you got.

River Lynchmob
07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I've talked to numerous people in the industry and they are all predicting that the market will slow down and flatten out in the next year or two. I believe home sales are already slowing down slightly but nobody seems to be to concerned.
Personally, I'm outta here in 12-14 months. Gettin my sh*t back together and gettin out. The prices here are to high for my tastes and if I have to deal with this traffice for much more then a year I'm going to lose my mind.
1 mill is a lot of money for a trailer I don't care what kinda view you got.
I agree with all of that. Where i live in the last 6 years home values have gone up over 300%. it's the craziest shit i've seen. If i hadn't bought when i did i dont know where or even if i could buy a house.

Freak
07-06-2005, 10:37 AM
HOLD UP! I just did a little more checking into these trailers.
They don't own the land. As with most mobile homes sold in Malibu, the land is owned by the proprietor of the trailer park, in this case, Point Dume Club.
•Still pay rent. Not owning the land means paying what's called “space rent” that is as high as or higher than many mortgages in other parts of the USA. On the $1.4 million trailer, space rent is $2,700 a month.
•Can't get mortgages. Since the buyers don't own the land, most of the mobile homes are paid for in cash or with a personal property loan that usually amounts to $100,000 or less, says Clay Dickens, mortgage loan agent at Community West Bank.
Why would anyone pay seven figures for a trailer? It gets you more than the typical mobile home. The $1.4 million trailer is in a gated, guarded community with a shared tennis court and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean. It also is on a larger-than-usual “triple-wide” lot. Buyers are willing to pay such prices just to get into Malibu, where the average list price is $4.4 million, says Coldwell Banker broker Rick Wallace.
But, it's still a trailer with a modest kitchen and faux wood floors. Many still have trailer hitches attached.
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/money/20050706/1b_trailer_06.art.htm
Oh and get a seat belt for your dog. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/regional/s_350132.html

riverbound
07-06-2005, 10:47 AM
They're getting $225K for a single and a half at Windmill II in Parker and you don't own the land.
You would be surprised what our triple wide is worth....And we own the land :rollside:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681River_096.jpg
High Class White Trash :rollside: :rollside:

Freak
07-06-2005, 10:59 AM
That is one nice setup. I'd hang there no problem.

2Driver
07-06-2005, 11:36 AM
We had a single wide and Block Boat garage/apt. in Moonridge Marina just below the Parker dam acorss the the mini market & buckskin fire dept (see pic). I bought it for $80K in '99 and thought I was a complete idiot for spending 80K. The knuckle heads on either side of our place drove us so nuts I sold it 6 months later for 85K. I couldn't buy it back today for $200k. :notam:
I think each genreation talks the same story. At least I here it from my parents, aunts and uncles. One thing for sure is that they are not making anymore land and water propery always seems to do good - mother nature's rath aside :rollside: