PDA

View Full Version : Advantage 22' Citation

Flashover
07-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Hey im trying to find a used 22' Advantage Citation 1989 - 1997 somewhere around there. I have looked everywhere with no luck. does anybody know someone who has one for sale? :cool:

h2oski2fast
07-13-2005, 11:03 AM
You didn't look too hard.
http://www.boattraderonline.com

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Flashover
What part of Utah are you in? I run a 22' citation and love my boat. :cool:
Clint

Mardonzi
07-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Flashover
Clint
Hey Clint,, long time no see.... Just finished the last of the mudslides last night...

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Clint,, long time no see.... Just finished the last of the mudslides last night...
That a boy Don, got to love them mudslides. :D Hows the waters of Lake Powell been treating you.

Mardonzi
07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll PM ya,, don't want to Jack the thread....

Flashover
07-13-2005, 12:00 PM
You didn't look too hard.
http://www.boattraderonline.com
I look There every day. They had one That was too much money and the other one was sold one day earlier.

Flashover
07-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Flashover
Clint
Salt Lake City.

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 12:03 PM
I look There every day. They had one That was too much money and the other one was sold one day earlier.
I did a check there and saw the same thing. I went a couple of years newer than you had posted and they had a 1999 that looked pretty nice, the 1993 that I saw I thought was pretty ugly.

Flashover
07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I live in Salt Lake City. Your boat is the one i wan't, that one is sweet. Did you buy it when it was new?

Hermosa
07-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I sent you a PM.

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I live in Salt Lake City. Your boat is the one i wan't, that one is sweet. Did you buy it when it was new?
I bought it 3 years ago, I drove to St. Louis to buy it. :sqeyes: It was well worth the drive. Here is another citation I found just now check it out. http://www.boats.com/boat-listings/Advantage-1012/101621011.html
(not sure if I know how to hyperlink)
Clint

Flashover
07-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah i already sent an e-mail to them but haven't heard back yet. Plus that dam thing is in Illinois. It looks pretty good though. My family used to be Advantage dealers here in Salt lake and were trying to find some people around here who have one of the old ones who would like to sell but no luck yet.
Slick

1Shockwaveguy
07-13-2005, 12:28 PM
Might want to ask the seller why they had to put a new floor in the damn thing. Sounds a little scetchy.

Flashover
07-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Do you know a little about that boat?

2Driver
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM
THere was a pretty nice Advantage 21 SR Bowrider if that will do?.... in MO a few weeks ago. It was in the boat trader online.
If it is the boat you want it is worth a drive.... or ship it. That's what I have been considering. Boats out of their local market areas can be fantastic deals.

Flashover
07-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I have been looking out of state but i just don't know how far i will go. I guess it just depends on how nice it is and what price.

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I guess I can read the floor/carpet two ways. I was thinking when I read it that they had replaced the carpet in the cockpit just on the floor. Just have to call and talk to them.
I had to actually go to Illinois to get my boat, the place that has that boat for sale sold my boat to its previous owner. I drove through Cali and Arizona looking at boats and I got a lot more boat for my money by going East. :crossx: Me and the wife drove straight through on a weekend and looked at 3 diffrent boats and bought this one (it was our first choice and the best price). So don't be afraid of the drive. I'm always up for a road trip. :cool:
Clint

Wild Horses
07-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Here are a few favorite pic of mine. :220v:
Lake Mohave
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2139Mohave1.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2139Mohave2.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2139Mohave2.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2139Mohave4.JPG
Navajo Canyon Lake Powell
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2139HPIM0656.JPG

Flashover
07-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey ill tell ya if i could find a sweet deal on a 22 thats in great shape i just might take a long road trip. After all road trips can be pretty dam fun.
Slick

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey im trying to find a used 22' Advantage Citation 1989 - 1997 somewhere around there. I have looked everywhere with no luck. does anybody know someone who has one for sale? :cool:
PM me with your number......
I sell boats for Advantage and may have a couple leads.....
Later,
CJG
:wink:

2Driver
07-18-2005, 07:16 PM
There is one in Phx right now in the trader 7/17/05

Flashover
07-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Are you talkin about the red one?

Focker
07-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Have You Checked With Advantage In Lhc. They Usually Haver One Or Two On Consignment Each Month. I Love My 22. It Just Got A Rylar Kit

Focker
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
2003 ADVANTAGE BOATS CITATION 22, 23' 8'' ADVANTAGE CITATION MIDCABIN BOWRIDER, 2003,PURCHASED NEW IN APRIL'04, 61 HRS., 496 MAG W/PROCHARGER 3.5 LBS.BOOST, 500HP, 75MPH, BRAVO ONE 28P PROP, GGB MUFFLERS, ELECTRIC HATCH, BIMINI TOP, DUAL BATTERIES, EDDIE MARINE ACCESSORY PACKAGE, FULL INSTRUMENTATION, AQUA STEP LADDER, SNAP ON BOW COVER, FULL BOAT COVER, CUSTOM 3 PIECE FLIPUP WINDSHIELD, SONY AM/FM/CD W/6 SPEAKERS, DROP OUT BOLST\…More Details \& Photos Email Seller (865) 705-4948
Date Placed:
28-JUN-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add To Saved Boats Burbank, CA $6,999
1993 ADVANTAGE CITATION 22' 7.4 CHEVY 4 BARRELL WITH A BERKELEY JET, JETAVATOR, HIGH FREEBOARD, TANDEM AXLE TRAILER, PROJECT BOAT, NEEDS ENGINE WORK, SOME UPHOLSTERY WORK AND COSMETICS.More Details \& Photos Email The Boat Hunters and Cars Visit My Online Showroom (818) 848-0847

Flashover
07-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info. I love the look of your boat. It looks great with your truck. I need to find a used one around 20k That's all i can spend right now. Hey what is the weight of yours and how well does that f-150 pull it?
Slick

Focker
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Not Sure Of Weight. The Website For Advantage States Its 4200lbs With The Engine. Have Never Had A Problem With The F150 Towing It. Its Suppose To Be A Couple Of Hundred Lbs Lighter With The Raylar Kit. Ya Should Call Advantage In Lhc And Ask Ed Thor If He Knows Of Any Used 22's Coming Up For Sale.

2Driver
07-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Are you talkin about the red one?
YEs, I think it is at a dealer in PHX. Sounds like yo already know about it. IF you need an eye ball on it let me know or did I miss somethign in the tread above?

Flashover
07-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I had to yank my buddy's 21 advantage up parleys summitt yesterday witch is long and steep as hell, and i only have a 98 1/2 ton chev with 5.7L, that boat i think is around 2800 lbs i was still able to do 55mph at 3500rpm but im worried about yanking the 22' except for on the freeway or what not, im sure it will be just fine.

Flashover
07-19-2005, 12:11 PM
YEs, I think it is at a dealer in PHX. Sounds like yo already know about it. IF you need an eye ball on it let me know or did I miss somethign in the tread above?
Its at arizona discount marine i think is the one your talking about. Do you live near there?

2Driver
07-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Its at arizona discount marine i think is the one your talking about. Do you live near there?
I am about a 45 min drive away, but I will be at least halfway there Tuesday and Wednesday for my Phys Therapy (Back op recovery). If you do some prequalifing over the phone and still think it is an option for you I don't mind stopping by and grabbing a few pics and taking a closer look. I think they want $25K but claim it is a 10 on a 10 scale (salesguy talking :rolleyes: ). Call and talk to Doug, that is who I spoke to. Let me know or PM me.
See ya,

Flashover
07-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks man i ll look into it, just wish it was a little less money.

Flashover
07-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Have You Checked With Advantage In Lhc. They Usually Haver One Or Two On Consignment Each Month. I Love My 22. It Just Got A Rylar Kit
What is a Rylar kit?

NuckinFutz
07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Just a little info, Ed don't work at Advantage any longer. I just got off the phone with them, asked for Ed and was told he was no longer there. Flashover, are you part of the Otto's bunch from years back? The Raylar kit is a proven way to make the 496 run, tried combination of heads, cam, intake and such. By the sounds of it from those who have tried it, it works, but if I remember right Otto's always had some great engines built for their boats and if you are one of them I'd expect to see something special under the hatch.

Focker
07-19-2005, 02:08 PM
What is a Rylar kit?
www.raylarengine.com
there are a couple of threads on the subject if you do search.
basically they replace the entrie top half of the engine. new cams ect.
my 496 mag is going from 375hp to 525hp
insman is having duals installed in his this month after the shockwave regatta

Flashover
07-19-2005, 02:24 PM
That sounds pretty kick ass. No im not from otto's but he was a real good friend of the family and he built some wicked motors. My family is Beckstrand Marine. We used to carry Advantage many years ago. I have been trying to get them to do it again but they don't think these type of boats would sell here anymore.

Flashover
07-19-2005, 02:25 PM
www.raylarengine.com
there are a couple of threads on the subject if you do search.
basically they replace the entrie top half of the engine. new cams ect.
my 496 mag is going from 375hp to 525hp
insman is having duals installed in his this month after the shockwave regatta
That's a hell of a bump in HP, What does that cost to have done?

Focker
07-19-2005, 02:39 PM
That's a hell of a bump in HP, What does that cost to have done?
package was 5800
add labor
dual hydraulic steering
new prop had to go two sizes up
engine powder coating
and ya got a tab of 12k

Focker
07-19-2005, 02:41 PM
also a new ecm
as it was a 496 mag and not an HO

Flashover
07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
No work needed on the outdrive? What kind of speed are you suposed to see?

Flashover
07-19-2005, 03:05 PM
I am about a 45 min drive away, but I will be at least halfway there Tuesday and Wednesday for my Phys Therapy (Back op recovery). If you do some prequalifing over the phone and still think it is an option for you I don't mind stopping by and grabbing a few pics and taking a closer look. I think they want $25K but claim it is a 10 on a 10 scale (salesguy talking :rolleyes: ). Call and talk to Doug, that is who I spoke to. Let me know or PM me.
See ya,
I just talked to the salesman down there and he said the same thing that it was better than new but it had over 400 hrs on it. What do you think of that do the hours fit the price. Or are they hoping to sell it for the outside condition alone. He's sending me some more pics and info...

2Driver
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
I just talked to the salesman down there and he said the same thing that it was better than new but it had over 400 hrs on it. What do you think of that do the hours fit the price. Or are they hoping to sell it for the outside condition alone. He's sending me some more pics and info...
He told me 300 hours when I called!! ...and a new $4,500 outdrive. I've been at that place before and experieced some salesman 101 going on. He also told me a guy drove down from N Cal and traded it on a new Nordic. Maybe you can grab a pic off of trader post it and see if anyone knows the boat.
Having been through 12 boats myself, I would tell him (if you even get this far) that you want the boat, but subject to a mercruiser dealer pre-buy inspection (other than him of course). If he is a stand-up dealer and has sooooo much faith in the boat he shouldn't blink at that request. If he gives you a bunch of crap about that being a hassle or not worth his time then I would walk. there are a lot of fishes in the sea.
My personal grim outlook is that some people are reassing the sport a bit with gas the way it is. Combined that in the month of Sept you can grab a few spectacular deals. I am shopping too and a few of the higher end boat owners I called on were in that frame of mind. Who knows :cool:

Flashover
07-19-2005, 06:33 PM
You think i'ts a better idea to sit for a while and wait till sept or next spring? I could grab the top mechanic from my g-pa's boat dealership have him go down there and check it also. hard to say i have never bought anything from out of state where i couldn't just go check it out first. Im just waiting for them to send me more pics and info...

2Driver
07-19-2005, 06:36 PM
You think i'ts a better idea to sit for a while and wait till sept or next spring? I could grab the top mechanic from my g-pa's boat dealership have him go down there and check it also. hard to say i have never bought anything from out of state where i couldn't just go check it out first. Im just waiting for them to send me more pics and info...
your call there

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Just a little info, Ed don't work at Advantage any longer. I just got off the phone with them, asked for Ed and was told he was no longer there.
Actually......
Ed is not working full time at Advantage anymore.....
He was offered a position with another Hvasu company, non-boat related, that he could not refuse....
He will be working the boat shows for Advantage.......
I have his mobile number if you need to talk to him....
Later,
CJG
:D

Flashover
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Actually......
Ed is not working full time at Advantage anymore.....
He was offered a position with another Hvasu company, non-boat related, that he could not refuse....
He will be working the boat shows for Advantage.......
I have his mobile number if you need to talk to him....
Later,
CJG
:D
Thanks man i will let you know..