PDA

View Full Version : What kind of exhaust?

GOTLDH
07-13-2005, 09:25 PM
is better? Manga flow or gibson. So many choices. Its for a 05 f-150 lariat.

dc96819
07-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Gibson is nice and quiet :smile:

cc322
07-14-2005, 04:31 AM
I have always ran Gibson, but The Magnaflow is my next one go here and do some reading
http://www.f150online.com/index.cfm

KM Design
07-14-2005, 05:36 AM
is better? Manga flow or gibson. So many choices. Its for a 05 f-150 lariat.
Gibson's exhaust are nice and mellow, you only hear the exhaust out the back. Very minmal resonation in the cab. And there is no packing to blow out in muffler. Magnaflow is also a good exhaust, but the mufflers do have packing that will eventually blow out, causing the exhaust tone to get even louder. The performance & economy gains are very similar between the two cat-backs, Gibson is know for the quiet side of exhaust systems and more variety. Magnaflow is know for the louder more aggressive sounding systems and really let you know that you're the one coming down the street. But I wouldn't suggest towing w/ one on a truck. Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents.

GOTLDH
07-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks for all the info!!!! There are so many choices out there.

Cole Trickle
07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Gibson's exhaust are nice and mellow, you only hear the exhaust out the back. Very minmal resonation in the cab. And there is no packing to blow out in muffler. Magnaflow is also a good exhaust, but the mufflers do have packing that will eventually blow out, causing the exhaust tone to get even louder. The performance & economy gains are very similar between the two cat-backs, Gibson is know for the quiet side of exhaust systems and more variety. Magnaflow is know for the louder more aggressive sounding systems and really let you know that you're the one coming down the street. But I wouldn't suggest towing w/ one on a truck. Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents.
I have officialy heard it all now!!! :wink: :D

andy01
07-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I have had Gibson in the past and been very pleased with it.

Rubths
07-14-2005, 06:09 PM
I run a Gibson on our 04 6.0L Excursion and you cant hear any difference inside the cab.

ADDICTED
07-15-2005, 08:32 AM
:rollside: :rolleyes: I have officialy heard it all now!!! :wink: :D