PDA

View Full Version : posted this already at Just Jets DMV HELP

Acommanderguy
07-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Alot of you know i worked at a boat shop. Anyways I am now out of the buisness and on to just enjoying me boat. But I have a problem that I never had to deal with so I want to see if maybe any of you might be able to help a fellow boater out. We took a boat in on trade last yr , but we didn't put it on the books (the trade in had a blown motor) anyways the manager gave the boat to our old lot boy with the pink slips. I then bought the boat from him for a project for my kid brother(2 weeks ago). But the kid I bought it from lost the pinks and never registered it in his name. I quit working for the Boat shop, but I am still friends the all the other people there. No one can remember the previous owners name who traded the boat in so we can get him to sign a transfer form for me.Because this boat isn't on the books. How can I go about either A. putting this boat in my name. Or B. finding out the original owners name so the Boat shop can contact him to tell him they lost the pinks and need him to come in and sign transfer forms. I have all vin's and bill of sale from the lot boy I bought it from. any info would be great
Thank you in advance

Acommanderguy
07-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh ya so if any of you work for DMV can I give you the vin number and you can give me his name so I can give it to the Boat shop I use to work for and they can contact him directly? Or if I give you the name of a contact and a number at the boat shop I worked at.

Kilrtoy
07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Go to the DMV start the transfer into your name and they will tell you what you need to do....

riverrunner
07-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Commander not putting a boat on the books and losing the pinks and not knowing the customers name? I find that soooo hard to believe, they are such a well organized, legitimate company. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
07-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Commander not putting a boat on the books and losing the pinks and not knowing the customers name? I find that soooo hard to believe, they are such a well organized, legitimate company. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
he did not work at Commander.....

Acommanderguy
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
thanks kilr. has nothing to do with them or my commander. this is a project boat I bought for my younger brother. 77 team hawaiian.

riverrunner
07-13-2005, 11:00 PM
I guess I owe you and Commander an apology. I still think Commander (management) sucks.

Acommanderguy
07-13-2005, 11:06 PM
hey no prb RR. trust me I have had many convo's with steve over it..lol Anyways this has nothing to really do with the dealership I worked for. This idiot kid who got the boat for doing work around the lot didnt take responsabilty and put the thing in his name. But because I am on good terms with the dealership I worked for, they are willing to help me, but I gotta get the orignal owners name so they can look up his file.

Red Horse
07-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I had to do something like that in Nevada for my trailer. Had to send certified letter to last known owner at last know address. When it came back unopened I took it to DMV and showed them. Got a title and went on my way.
There has got to be a way