PDA

View Full Version : Softball Bat Modifing

UnionJack
07-14-2005, 11:17 AM
We played last week and a guy on the other team had his bat modified.... Is this becoming common place?

Krazy K
07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Nawwww, I've got a small block chevy in mine.... :D
Seriously though, can't help you.

RobR.
07-14-2005, 11:28 AM
what did he do to modify it?

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 11:31 AM
We played last week and a guy on the other team had his bat modified.... Is this becoming common place?
mainly in tournament ball...in most leagues they have bat requirments..my cousin plays travel tourneys...he shaves his own bats and caps them with endloads filled with bb's...the fields are around 350yds in tourneys..and in most they allow the bats to be used...I swung one..and hit further then ever before...I swing a dimarini ultimate weapon at mile square park..and could crank it about 290ft to the HR fence...

CandyA$$
07-14-2005, 11:33 AM
OMG, cheating at softball. What's next, drinking during the games? :p
Woo Hoo, there goes the ball, hey I got it, no I got it, no I got it, bang, everyone colides, hiccup, ooh did anyone get it, balls sitting on the ground, game still going and noone moving.
Sorry had to do it.

Magic34
07-14-2005, 11:45 AM
In the past it was very common. Since technology has gotten so much better with the bats, you do see less of it. We used to... well nevermind, we always played fair. :D

THOR
07-14-2005, 11:49 AM
very commonplace now. I had a factory player contract with Louisville Slugger and our bats were slightly different from the 'off the shelf' bats. :rolleyes:

godfather
07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
try the miken it kicks azz. :D

UnionJack
07-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Whats up with your PM?

UnionJack
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm not that good to be on that kind of team

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Whats up with your PM?
its not workin since I changed my email address....u can email me at notalent2002@yahoo.com

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
If you have to resort to cheating at sofball you have no talent to begin with.
who says its cheating??? its in the league rules...the league I play has the best bat rules..it all has to be skill. all single wall bats, 1.20bpf, approved by asa, and usssa, no end caps, basically limiting the bats to anything under 100.00 none of this fancy I cant hit for crap bats...but when your playing in tournaments with fields as long as the MLB fields...its all fair.

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
agree, in every tourney we play in, the blue and tourney director break out the "bat list" and it is strongly enforced. if it's on the list, it goes back in your bag !! :jawdrop: - keyes
yup, yup...thats why they have differnt leagues at differnt parks..and tourney rules..its alot of fun when guys are hit 320+feet...puts more skill on the fielders..and makes it more intresting...

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:22 PM
hey no talent, is that deegs in that picture ?? it's a lil blurred !!
????

Magic34
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
yup, yup...thats why they have differnt leagues at differnt parks..and tourney rules..its alot of fun when guys are hit 320+yards...puts more skill on the fielders..and makes it more intresting...
Think you mean 320+ "feet"
This is why I don't pitch. :hammerhea

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
the picture there looks like brian deegan, i was just asking if it was him ??
haha...hell no not that loser....thats me and a chick in havaskrew! :crossx:

Chubby4Life
07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
If your not cheating, your not trying- Jim Rome

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Think you mean 320+ "feet"
This is why I don't pitch. :hammerhea
shit...yeah...I was thinkin about too many things at once...haha. :rollside:

totenhosen
07-14-2005, 12:31 PM
I thought most leagues only allow a certain amount of HR's per game, and after that each HR is counted as an out?
Either way that is pretty weak!

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:33 PM
ah come on, i liked you. deegs isn't a loser, he's a brother !! you just gotta know him to understand him !! we're getting off topic here ! :cool:
Oh...I know him...I use to party at the mulisha compound and at his house...my buddie scotts sister is married to Seth..so we use to go riding and partying with them...too much stuff to make me think otherwise happened...

JB in so cal
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
If your not cheating, your not trying- Jim Rome
"Softball Guy" :wink:

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
I thought most leagues only allow a certain amount of HR's per game, and after that each HR is counted as an out?
Either way that is pretty weak!
I never heard of that one...and why would a HR count as an out??? maybe if they were using an illegal bat...then it was be protested and the game would be forfited..

UnionJack
07-14-2005, 12:38 PM
My league is three and then 1 up

Magic34
07-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I never heard of that one...and why would a HR count as an out??? maybe if they were using an illegal bat...then it was be protested and the game would be forfited..
Our limit was 6, then it was an out and we had legal bats.

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Our limit was 6, then it was an out and we had legal bats.
really...??? that sucks..I would never play in a league with a rule like that...if you can go yards with a legal bat...theres nothing wrong with it...thats part of the game...

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 12:47 PM
in the lower bracket usssa "d" tourneys, some tourneys will count the hr as an out. it's also a 1-n-1 count when you get to the plate. keeps the hitter going, not just looking :rolleyes: -keyes
we got the 1-1 rule...I still dont agree with the HR rule...granted it doesnt happen much...but still...

Chubby4Life
07-14-2005, 12:54 PM
that's funny shit . i always loved that on romey. some of the names on the back of jerseys of other teams we have played or seen at tourneys ; "ice", "gamer", "auto-matic", "game-boy", etc.
Don't forget "Killer" and "Boomer"

UnionJack
07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Look at chubby on the boards....

Jetboatguru
07-14-2005, 01:24 PM
No talent, It keeps the parity in the leagues. This why you have different divisions. If you have unlimited home runs in a D tournament or league. You will have all the Major and upper level players dropping down to dominate the lower divisions. The one up rule works this way, In diferent tourneys you are allowed a certian number of home runs in a game. Let's call it three. If the one up rule is in effect than once a team gets gets to three home runs, they can not hit another one until the opposing team hits 3. But, the opposing team can go ahead and hit 4 to go "1 up." Then the team that hit 3 bombs can now hit two more to go "1 up" again. The bats today are sick. The Easton Synergy and the Miken are flat out deadly. I pitched for years in C's and played some A ball. Took a few off the shins and watched guys get there jaws broken. Great sport but when a middle war opens up, :argue: look out.

NOTALENT
07-14-2005, 02:34 PM
No talent, It keeps the parity in the leagues. This why you have different divisions. If you have unlimited home runs in a D tournament or league. You will have all the Major and upper level players dropping down to dominate the lower divisions. The one up rule works this way, In diferent tourneys you are allowed a certian number of home runs in a game. Let's call it three. If the one up rule is in effect than once a team gets gets to three home runs, they can not hit another one until the opposing team hits 3. But, the opposing team can go ahead and hit 4 to go "1 up." Then the team that hit 3 bombs can now hit two more to go "1 up" again. The bats today are sick. The Easton Synergy and the Miken are flat out deadly. I pitched for years in C's and played some A ball. Took a few off the shins and watched guys get there jaws broken. Great sport but when a middle war opens up, :argue: look out.
yeah...im aware of that...I hate the teams that sandbag quailfying to get in a lower division...whats the point if your going to desimate?? I like the competition and competitive games..

NOTALENT
07-15-2005, 08:56 AM
As long as everybody is playing under the same rules, great. Not the case usually
hmm..I have never came across a cheater yet..granted its only been a few years...but if u think there wrong do a bat check.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-15-2005, 08:57 AM
the most cheat among the bats right now are bats the are ILLEGAL being painted to look like bats that are legal, its going on big time in out league. i say move the bases back move the mound and fences back and use what ever you want

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 09:01 AM
I've been playing competitive rec league softball for a long time and I have played on teams that have multiple home run hitters and its hard to compete with these teams. I like the 1 up rule. If your up more than 1 home run its a single until the other team gets one. I've also played where its an out after one up. This makes for a better game for all involved. I've seen tournaments where you have to designate players as home run hitters. It just helps level the playing field. In my current league they really control the bats we can use and use a deflated softball.

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 09:06 AM
question to all the softball players.
Why don't competitive leagues require helmets? I've seen 2 players go to the hospital for being hit in the head running to first base in the last three weeks. One of the guys was in the hospital for 4 days and still is having problems. Both players were knocked out before they hit the ground. Its a very scary site. I'm going to start wearing one, cheaper than a ride to the hospital.

NOTALENT
07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
question to all the softball players.
Why don't competitive leagues require helmets? I've seen 2 players go to the hospital for being hit in the head running to first base in the last three weeks. One of the guys was in the hospital for 4 days and still is having problems. Both players were knocked out before they hit the ground. Its a very scary site. I'm going to start wearing one, cheaper than a ride to the hospital.
ouch...that sucks...I would assume because it doesnt happen much...and the helmets just really for at bat when there throwing the damn fast balls at your head.. :eek:

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 09:12 AM
ouch...that sucks...I would assume because it doesnt happen much...and the helmets just really for at bat when there throwing the damn fast balls at your head.. :eek:
That's what I said the first time that I saw it, then three weeks later there it was again. I bought a helmet with a strap. I've been playing competitively for about 12 years and seen some carzy S&$T but these were two of the worst. One was a coed league and the other was a mens division 2 league game. Both players threw very well and hard.

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
I hear you but you will look like the Rainman....lol
I'd rather look like rainman than have problems lifting my arm like my buddy. I know that it was a freaky accident but who knows.

JetBoatRich
07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Modified bats or even illegal bats are watched in our League. There was a pitcher hurt pretty bad by a line drive that came back to quick to react. The person was using an illegal bat and the UMP was aware. Needless to say he no longer works at that park and legal action I hear is pending :o

NOTALENT
07-15-2005, 09:20 AM
I'd rather look like rainman than have problems lifting my arm like my buddy. I know that it was a freaky accident but who knows.
shit..its better then having calliflower ears!!! :D (not sure of spelling) :D

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 09:28 AM
No doubt and funny you say that because I'm a wrestling coach...

Heater
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
It is so the sandbagger A teams that sign up for D league games don't run rule in the first innning. It also makes a tourney a little more interesting. Not all HR hitters can place hit and you can sure tell it the instance they get to the HR limit!

Jetboatguru
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
A buddy was killed 4 years ago when he was sliding into 2nd. Got nailed in the temple and done. You see more and mor pitchers wearing masks nowadays. (is that a word)

doesitfloat?
07-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I had a bunch of buddies on a killer Nor Cal team. Each player, top to bottom, had at least college ball experience and some were minor leaguers. Everyone could hit it out at will.
First game of first season, they scored 23 runs in the first inning with at least half via home run (in a big park).
The rest of the teams threatened to quit so out came the home run rule.

doesitfloat?
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
My brother, a very non-athetic individual (in terms of baseball), went out to fill in for a buddy's D league team. They put him at catcher. He's waiting for a throw from right field and some dork whose pretending to be Pete Rose barrells into my bros leg (who was standing about 2 feet in front of home plate!) and breaks both bones (tib and fib) in his leg. Because of infection, healing probs, etc. he had a friggin cast on for 6 months and still suffers pain 8 years later. All because some D league jerk is living out his MLB dreams.
One of the reasons I don't play anymore...too many "heroes".

Caribbean Jet
07-15-2005, 03:50 PM
A buddy was killed 4 years ago when he was sliding into 2nd. Got nailed in the temple and done. You see more and mor pitchers wearing masks nowadays. (is that a word)
Sorry to hear about your buddy, thats where one of the guys was hit. The doctor said that this could be a fatal blow when hit on the temple. Both guys were out before they hit the ground. Be careful and have fun,

JetBoatRich
07-18-2005, 06:45 AM
We had a freak accident last Friday when playing :mad:
Guy throwing the ball in from Right Field, went out of line over and through the dugout one hop into a pregnant lady stomach. She took an ambulance to the hospital :mad: no word on how they are doing. She was approximately 5 months pregnant.
It was a hard hit and scarey to see her in so much pain