PDA

View Full Version : Havasu thru Wickenburg?

Outnumbered
07-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Any AZ peeps ever done this? I was just curious what the 60 west of Wickenburg and the 72 between Vicksburg and Parker is like. From Lake Pleasant it looks like this would be a short cut but not if the roads suck.
Thanks

hondajoey
07-15-2005, 10:58 PM
its not that bad of a drive road is in pretty good shape, i took it a few weeks ago

upsman105
07-15-2005, 11:25 PM
The roads are okay, supposed to save about 15 mins...but not really worth
it to me, especially towing a boat...take 303 to 10.

Outnumbered
07-15-2005, 11:53 PM
The roads are okay, supposed to save about 15 mins...but not really worth
it to me, especially towing a boat...take 303 to 10.
Thanks. That is what we usually do.

NOTALENT
07-16-2005, 05:08 AM
I did that when I picked up my boat in Phoenix the roads were nice..but make sure you do the speed limit...right by wickenburg there is this little burger joint...the best damn burgers and fries I have ever tasted..Everyonce in a while I make my way out there just to eat... last time there was a corvette club about 75 corvettes were there all differnt generations...really cool place.

Jordy
07-16-2005, 07:20 AM
It's lots of rural farming communities and 2 lane roads. I don't know how much time it saves as I've never done it pulling a boat. You might try coming home that way some time and see how it works out. If nothing else it's a prettier drive than the 10 coming back in. ;)

Outnumbered
07-16-2005, 07:30 AM
I did that when I picked up my boat in Phoenix the roads were nice..but make sure you do the speed limit...right by wickenburg there is this little burger joint...the best damn burgers and fries I have ever tasted..Everyonce in a while I make my way out there just to eat... last time there was a corvette club about 75 corvettes were there all differnt generations...really cool place.
Where is this place? The kids always make me stop at McDonalds :yuk: . I would like try some place new.

NOTALENT
07-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Where is this place? The kids always make me stop at McDonalds :yuk: . I would like try some place new.
its on the main st when you travel through wickenburg...if ur coming from phoenix it would be just outside of wickenburg...its been a year..hard to remember...its a little joint with old stlye carport cover...
Screamers Drive In
1151 West Wickenburg Way, Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Trust me...best damn food...!!! I would take them over any In and OUt...or burger around here...

azgfboatgirl
07-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Any AZ peeps ever done this? I was just curious what the 60 west of Wickenburg and the 72 between Vicksburg and Parker is like. From Lake Pleasant it looks like this would be a short cut but not if the roads suck.
Thanks
Took that route back from Havasu last Sunday. Two lanes all the way. One guy was pulling an Eliminator doing about 90 and passing cars! yikes!! :2purples: :2purples:

2Driver
07-16-2005, 09:02 AM
We live in Carefree and go that way 99% of the time.
(Had a place in Parker and ran it quite a bit). For us it is the only way to go. Don't have to fight the varying speeds of people on the Freeway. Nice and easy on the brain too. Usually not much traffic... put on the cruise on and chill. We made Parker in under 3 hours from Carefree
You do have to pass to oncoming traffic but at the end of the day driving like an idiot and just cruising only makes about a 15 min difference on the ride so we tend to just enjoy the ride and old small towns you go past.
Hope that helps

Outnumbered
07-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the tips