PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 06:43 AM
A 37-year-old woman in Thurmont, Md., is being charged three counts of reckless endangerment after she was caught by police driving with three children in the trunk of her car. An off-duty police officer spotted Lanora Lucas' 3-year-old daughter, her 9-year-old son and his 8-year-old friend climbing into the woman's trunk, Local 6 News reported. Then, the woman closed the trunk of her Volvo and drove off to apparently run errands, according to the report. The off-duty officer contacted Highway Patrol who then pulled the woman over a few blocks away. The children were not injured. Lucas said they asked her to let them ride in the trunk, police said.
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/108350.jpg

Mrs_Wally_Gator
07-16-2005, 06:46 AM
That is so messed up!!! Just cause they asked does not mean she should have let them.

JetBoatRich
07-16-2005, 06:47 AM
A Women did a very simliar thing a month ago in the A.V.
She had no more room for all the kids because with her friends kids, so she put a couple in the trunk. Somebody saw this at a parking lot and called the police, she was pulled over on the highway and arrested b the CHP for child endangerment. The Temps were around 95 that day :confused:

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 06:50 AM
OMG!
Why would anyone and I mean anyone do something like that!
Even if my kid asked I would be like what is wrong with you, that is no place for anyone, not even an animal.
Geesh!

desertbird
07-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Stupid people breeding is going to be the demise of society.
She says the kids wanted to ride in the trunk. Let's relate this to something I'm sure most of our parents used to tell us...
"If jimmy next store wanted to eat dog crap, would you too?"

lucky
07-16-2005, 08:01 AM
you guys never went trunk surfing --- ??? a tweelver and a curvy road !! great fun

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 08:03 AM
you guys never went trunk surfing --- ??? a tweelver and a curvy road !! great fun
ROFLMAO!
no not really

stoker
07-16-2005, 08:14 AM
When I was 16 or so, we used to sneak our friends into the drive-ins in the trunk. Of course we would have to fly over a few of those big mounds a few times before we let them out. One time we heard a bunch of pounding and yelling coming from the trunk (more than usual) after flying over a couple mounds. When we stopped to let them out we discovered that a can of bug spray had punctured and was filling the trunk with poison. :crossx: That was the last time we did the trunk surfing.

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Yes that would end it.
We have a truck and used to put people under the tunel cover or even in the Van under the seats.
:smile:

HocusPocus
07-16-2005, 08:27 AM
my kids want me to let them ride in the open bed of my truck.. i use to enjoy that when i was a kid.. but no way will i allow that! but these ladies are nucking futs for putting their kids in the closed trunk of a car!!!!!!

Tom Brown
07-16-2005, 08:29 AM
:D :D :D

HCS
07-16-2005, 08:32 AM
When I was a kid we use to ride in the trunk all the time. :cool:
Times sure have changed.

Keithb87
07-16-2005, 08:32 AM
my kids want me to let them ride in the open bed of my truck.. i use to enjoy that when i was a kid.. but no way will i allow that! but these ladies are nucking futs for putting their kids in the closed trunk of a car!!!!!!
I used to enjoy that as well.. until my Uncle told me a story about a call he wen to as a EMT/ Ambulance driver.. A 14 year old riding in the back of a truck and his dad passed some cars and went head on with a Semi. The kid was thrown between the two trucks after the first impact. then was crushed on the second impact.
Have not ridden in the back of a truck since.

Mrs. 4-B
07-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Mommy? Can I jump off a cliff?
Sure Johnny. Have fun!

SummitKarl
07-16-2005, 09:10 AM
you don't put the kids in the trunk. :hammer2:
thats where you toss the empty beer bottles :D

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 09:14 AM
I used to enjoy that as well.. until my Uncle told me a story about a call he wen to as a EMT/ Ambulance driver.. A 14 year old riding in the back of a truck and his dad passed some cars and went head on with a Semi. The kid was thrown between the two trucks after the first impact. then was crushed on the second impact.
Have not ridden in the back of a truck since.
Dang that's an awakening!

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 09:14 AM
you don't put the kids in the trunk. :hammer2:
thats where you toss the empty beer bottles :D
Sure if you say so

SmokinLowriderSS
07-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Automobile trunk, never, back of a station wagon or van, yes. bed of a pickup truck, sometimes, for short distances, low speeds, and nowhere in town near cops. Not on the open highway for sure. And yes, they can ride in my boat, at the lake, on the way between the ramp & camp, which is usually less than a mile and 15 MPH max speed in the camp area.

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Lots of bits there.
Here is something else.
I just looked up under meganslaw for sex offenders and I am concerned about something
I thought these peeps were not aloud to live within a certain distant of any schools. But I have found 4 all within less then a 1/4 mile of my daughters school. What gives?

Keithb87
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I allready replied to this one.. :p