PDA

View Full Version : This is getting habit forming

H20 Toie
07-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I've had boats for most of my life and as i have got older it seems that they get used less and less, But since getting the Cigarette and being able to cruise out to Anacapa or Catalina it has been fantastic, Today i took my 9 year old daughter and a couple of her friends and we saw a least 4 different pods of dolphins, one looked like it was just a pod of babies they were so small, No sun today but the water was real smooth :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2573DSC00601.JPG

Redneck
07-18-2005, 06:09 PM
ausome dont think my 21ft ultra would do to good in the ocean :eek:

hoolign
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Cool pic..do ya know who's rig that is in the back ground?

Mrs.Racer277
07-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Awesome pics. We left OC (Irvine area ) this morning and it was really overcast. That is sooooo cool to be able to see nature that close and to share it with the little ones. :) :)

H20 Toie
07-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Awesome pics. We left OC (Irvine area ) this morning and it was really overcast. That is sooooo cool to be able to see nature that close and to share it with the little ones. :) :)
Kimberly is a huge fan of animals, she said that today was better than any zoo she has been to, she was going crazy when they would come up right beside the boat.

Mrs.Racer277
07-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Kimberly is a huge fan of animals, she said that today was better than any zoo she has been to, she was going crazy when they would come up right beside the boat.
And the best part for you is that she will remember this for the rest of her life.
I do. Sailing out of the Newport Beach yacht club with mom and dad and seeing the seals, dolphins, sharks, etc etc. I will always remember that. :) :)

Phat Matt
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I've had boats for most of my life and as i have got older it seems that they get used less and less, But since getting the Cigarette and being able to cruise out to Anacapa or Catalina it has been fantastic, Today i took my 9 year old daughter and a couple of her friends and we saw a least 4 different pods of dolphins, one looked like it was just a pod of babies they were so small, No sun today but the water was real smooth :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2573DSC00601.JPG
Cool pic. :)

hoolign
07-18-2005, 06:51 PM
And the best part for you is that she will remember this for the rest of her life.
I do. Sailing out of the Newport Beach yacht club with mom and dad and seeing the seals, dolphins, sharks, etc etc. I will always remember that. :) :)
My uncle used to have a big ass boat in there . We used to go out on it in the late mid to late 70's.

Mrs.Racer277
07-18-2005, 06:59 PM
My uncle used to have a big ass boat in there . We used to go out on it in the late mid to late 70's.
OMG small world that is about the same time we did. :)

wildbillg
07-18-2005, 07:05 PM
we used to keep a boat in a slip in Dana Point, I cant tell you how many times we were out there and we would come across a pod, we would just roll with them for hours. One time we were out there and came accros a guy in 18' searay that had been following the pod for hours, (we were down near sanonofery) and he had NO idea where he was, weather was JUST like that.
He had to follow us so we could get him back near the coast. We had Gps so we could follow the route back, He had nothing.
There is nothing better then being out on the ocean and comeing across a whale or something you just dont see everyday.

Big Warlock
07-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Looks like Platform EMMY. I think it was owned by Shell?

bchbum
07-18-2005, 07:59 PM
This is why we sold the 21' Ultra , so we can get an ocean friendly boat .3-4 times to the lake a year weren't enough to keep it .

WILD LAVEY
07-19-2005, 01:40 AM
was it rough out there? we went to the island on thursday, and the water was really bad. on the way back was worse, there were white caps all over the place. we also saw a whale about 8 miles of the island.

H20 Toie
07-19-2005, 06:21 AM
was it rough out there? we went to the island on thursday, and the water was really bad. on the way back was worse, there were white caps all over the place. we also saw a whale about 8 miles of the island.
No it was pretty smooth and since i had the kids with me i was also keeping the speed down.