PDA

View Full Version : Who needs mud flaps

H20 Toie
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
On our way out to Channel Islands on hwy 126 my friend gets pulled over and gets a fixit ticket for no mudflaps, He has a 04 chevy with a 6" lift and 35" tires, the officer said that if half the tire is not covered you need flaps,
But looking at my stock H2 it has less than half the tire covered. What was weird was they drove past me and pulled off and then when the came up behind us again they pulled him over, we were going 60mph and he was not pulling anything, they just pulled him over for that.

uvindex
07-18-2005, 06:35 PM
What was weird was they drove past me...
...they just pulled him over for that.Not really weird -- just a demonstration that, all other things being equal, a guy with 6" lift and 35" tires is more likely to get pulled over than a guy in a stock Hummer. Maybe not fair, but any time you have something that causes a LEO to take a second look at your vehicle, you're just more likely to get pulled over for something or other. :)

Desert Rat
07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
One word......
QUOTA

Boy Named Sue
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Hwy 126? Ventura County. Those sheriffs beat the crap out of their Bronco driving up a river bed just to see what I was shooting. Those boys are bored.