PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Belize?

cdog
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
We are planning our trip this year around october and it looks like we're going to Belize. Has anyone stayed at www.ramons.com ? If so what did you think of the place. We're planning on going for a 10 day trip 4 days in the jungle and 6 days on the island hopefully 4 days of diving. How the diving? The padi magizine rates it pretty good.

nodigg
07-19-2005, 08:43 AM
We went to Belize last year? or the year before, anyway, it was great trip and we stayed at a place further south that was ...newer and nicer but we went to eat a couple of times at Ramon's and if I were to go back, I think I would like to stay there for it proximity to twon and atmosphere. Good choice I think.

TrojanDan
07-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Make sure you read about the sand lice. My g/f and I were planning on diving there but something about those bugs turned her off. We booked a trip to Cancun for this Thursday instead. Hopefully Hurricane Emily scared the tourists away for a while. :D

cdog
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Make sure you read about the sand lice. My g/f and I were planning on diving there but something about those bugs turned her off. We booked a trip to Cancun for this Thursday instead. Hopefully Hurricane Emily scared the tourists away for a while. :D
Sand lice??? We got bit up in plya de carmen by the sand fleas. Do they have them on the island or just the mainland? When you go to cancun make a day trip and check out xcaret.. That place was awsome.

Boozer
07-19-2005, 09:34 AM
What ever you do don't reffer to those people as Mexicans they get PISSED :2purples:
I use to date girl from Belize and when people would ask her if she was Mexican she would go ape shit! I think I actually seen her head spin one time.

TrojanDan
07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Sand lice??? We got bit up in plya de carmen by the sand fleas. Do they have them on the island or just the mainland? When you go to cancun make a day trip and check out xcaret.. That place was awsome.
Good, you are aware of the lice then. My lazy ass only wants to leave the resort for one trip so it will either be the big pyramids or ??? I'll look into Xcaret. I've been watching the Weather Channel like a dork. Looks like Cancun came out relatively unscathed. Cozumel and Tolume is another story. :cool:

Adolph
07-19-2005, 09:50 AM
What ever you do don't reffer to those people as Mexicans they get PISSED :2purples:
I use to date girl from Belize and when people would ask her if she was Mexican she would go ape shit! I think I actually seen her head spin one time.
OK
:rollside:

cdog
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Good, you are aware of the lice then. My lazy ass only wants to leave the resort for one trip so it will either be the big pyramids or ??? I'll look into Xcaret. I've been watching the Weather Channel like a dork. Looks like Cancun came out relatively unscathed. Cozumel and Tolume is another story. :cool:
The pyramids are cool but those assholes charge you like 30 bucks just to take pictures with your own camera. In protest we went to xcaret and it was honestly one of the coolest places i've ever been. They have some ruins and small pyramids that you can take pic's of, snorkeling/diving, a jaguar and butterfly santuary, the best part is the rafting thru the ruins and tunnels. It was like being in a indiana jones movie. They also have shark and turtle hatcharies and some aquariams. Too much to list. Go there...You'll be glad you did.

Hal
07-27-2005, 08:12 AM
http://www.belizeforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=1

SB
07-27-2005, 09:14 AM
I knew a guy who went there on his boat alone and disappeared. Be careful.

SoCalOffshore
07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
I have not been to Belize, but flew over it on into Roatan, Hondurras. From what i have read an heard is that Belize City is quite poor and dirty. The resorts can be nice and the diving is suppose to be pretty good. I think Coz or Roatan/Utilla would rank ahead of Belize. There is a pretty good article in the current Scuba Diving or Sport Diver magazine on Belize. You should have a good time. I am heading off to the Keys for some wreck diving next month.

99 232 baja
07-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey CDOG how you doing? A friend of mine has gone to Belize 1/2 dozen times and I never heard anything bad, In fact I think she is going to buy property there.