PDA

View Full Version : Trailer hit in the parking lot at Windsor

Keith E. Sayre
07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm walking up to the trailer Sunday afternoon when I notice that the guy next
to me has his trailer pushing real hard into mine. Then I realize wait a minute,
the trailer hitting mine didn't hit mine on it's own. It was pushed into mine
by someone else and drug into mine. Just at that moment a guy from California walks by and mentions that it was a white Range Rover with a Hallett sticker in the window that did it. Since it was about 5 in the afternoon, I'm assuming that the guy is still boating. Sure enough we start looking in the parking lot and the first vehicle in the PWC parking lot is a white Range Rover with a Hallett sticker in the window and you'll never guess, the trailer is really scratched and it's all freshly scratched. This guy
didn't just hit the other trailer and drag it into ours and not realize it because
he would have had to back up to get around the entire mess when he was done. He had to know exactly what he had done and chose to ignore it and
go one his merry way. I think that is wrong, if I might add those thoughts.
The owner of the trailer that I was boating with reported what we knew and
the ranger said that he would straighten it all out. I don't know what happened or anything but I sure do want to thank Bill Keller who was the
person who had witnessed it and then chose to do something about it.
We need more people like him these days.
On the other hand, while at the sandbar yesterday a new 26 Howard with
a couple of those black things hanging off the back pulled in and parked right
next to us. It took about 3 seconds for us and them to realize that this boat was ready to sink. The owner hit the bilge pump only to see it dribble
an ounce of water out every couple minutes. This boat was in trouble.
Luckily there were boaters around and as you know boaters are for the most
part some of the best people on the planet. Within 2 minutes I had a plug
handed to me and there were 10 guys running to help out. I want to thank
whoever had the all white 26' Rayson Craft cat because that's who offered
up the plug. And then offered to help empty the bilge out! That's boaters!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

TCS T
07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
You get all types out there. We just need more of the later mentioned, and less of the previous! Happy Boating, See Ya Round! :)

Froggystyle
07-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Good to hear there is still good guys who are RA out there...
Way to go good guys!

Midlife Advantage
07-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Hear ye, hear ye! Bravo for the helpers and those who stand up and report the jerks! I'll do it everytime, hopefully there are those who will do the same for me, cause next time it'll be me a)out of gas, b)missing a plug, c)had some idiot vandalize my junk :hammer2:

Nord
07-19-2005, 04:51 PM
I wish I was there to see that guys face when he got back to his Range Rover! I would have turned him in and ran him through as a hit an run! What a D*ckhead!!!

phebus
07-19-2005, 04:57 PM
My trailer fender is scraped to sh*t after someone ran into it, and left no note two weeks ago in Havasu. Bastards!!!

Mrs. 4-B
07-19-2005, 05:16 PM
My trailer fender is scraped to sh*t after someone ran into it, and left no note two weeks ago in Havasu. Bastards!!!
I heard about that...I think a storage unit attacked your trailer!!! :hammerhea :D

phebus
07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
No, the trailer was scratched when I went to get the boat the day before. My boat attacked the storage unit the next night, after I dinged my prop earlier. Lots of damage this weekend, including the boat stalling at idle, but it was one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.
Can't wait to do it again!!! See you this weekend hopefully, and we had a great time the other night.

Mrs. 4-B
07-19-2005, 05:31 PM
We'll be there come hell or high water! And with the temps lately...I think it might be hell :220v: but its a dry heat!!! :skull:

full throttle
07-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Flatten their tires, kick the doors in, and then wait for them to walk up. While they are standing there with a look of awe, punch them in the throat.....oh yeah, my wife used to drive a white Range Rover.

INSman
07-19-2005, 08:52 PM
WTF is wrong with people ??

Burley1
07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
along these same lines, I was using the wifes new denali and granted it isn't the most expensive thing on earth but was a few bucks, and I launch a windsor and some azzhole side swipes the front bumper with there trailer and puts a hole in it and of coarse they don't leave a note. So I have to eat shit and call my wife and tell her I messed up her new car and it cost me 5 hundred deductable to fix :crossx:

Outnumbered
07-19-2005, 09:58 PM
along these same lines, I was using the wifes new denali and granted it isn't the most expensive thing on earth but was a few bucks, and I launch a windsor and some azzhole side swipes the front bumper with there trailer and puts a hole in it and of coarse they don't leave a note. So I have to eat shit and call my wife and tell her I messed up her new car and it cost me 5 hundred deductable to fix :crossx:
It cost you more than that. You will be paying higher premiums whether they admit it or not. Especially if you have another claim soon. I would have just paid out of pocket unless it was more than a few grand. Insurance is a scam!!

Ivan Dan
07-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Pretty sad to say but our trailer was hit several times in the parking lot at Windsor but not as bad as this. Most of our damage was very minor but still its jacked up. It also got hit at Cattail Cove as well. Not one note or anything....are people really that fuct up when they tow their trailers?

Red Horse
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
....are people really that fuct up when they tow their trailers?[/QUOTE]
The ability to buy the boat does not make you a boater. Or smarter. All you get is stupid inconsiderate people with boats. :devil:

sigepmock
07-20-2005, 06:15 AM
First trip out in our new boat last year, came back and someone had hit our trailer in the Windsor lot. Luckily it was only minor damage that buffed out but I couldn't believe someone could hit your trialer and just keep driving. Just blows my mind that people are that dishonest. :frown:
Chris

Burley1
07-20-2005, 06:41 AM
It cost you more than that. You will be paying higher premiums whether they admit it or not. Especially if you have another claim soon. I would have just paid out of pocket unless it was more than a few grand. Insurance is a scam!!
Well I was actually was going to change insurance companys and that is why I didn't pay myself too

superdave013
07-20-2005, 06:47 AM
are people really that fuct up when they tow their trailers?
They are rookies. The boat owner is sitting in his boat waiting for his "non boating friend" to fetch the trailer. Assholes like me park their boat at the dock (if we can) or anchor it out of the way and go get our trailer ourselves. It takes us a little longer and people bitch about us on the internet. But at least we don't wreck your truck, trailer or boat.

Focker
07-20-2005, 06:54 AM
Some One Backed Theri Trailer Into My F150 At Windor Last Month. Moved The Front Bumper Over Two Inches And Took A Slice Out Of My Tire And Wheel

meaniam
07-20-2005, 07:36 AM
They are rookies. The boat owner is sitting in his boat waiting for his "non boating friend" to fetch the trailer. Assholes like me park their boat at the dock (if we can) or anchor it out of the way and go get our trailer ourselves. It takes us a little longer and people bitch about us on the internet. But at least we don't wreck your truck, trailer or boat.
dave proably has this right. in the fact it proably wasnt the owner who did it. but the friend or something. as far as leaving your boat on the dock for 5 min to park the trailer, i myself wouldnt be upset thinking about this matter, and how it makes sense. that 98% of people dont know how to back up a trailer. as long as you park the boat on the outside dock edge. out of luanch lanes. no one should bitch.
now for bitching about things. these are the things i will voice my opinion about at the dock.(1) people that dont know what the staging lanes are for.this is when you prestart engine. make sure batt. is good ice chest, kids plugs ect. dont do it at the luanch or dock. (2) people who repair boats and sea doos in the luanch lanes taking dock space. go to the outside part of dock if you need to do that. this is the part that really pisses me off. everytime im at a lake. without fail i see seadoos sitting all along the first 15 feet of the dock inside luanch area. these watercraft are the easiest thangs to manuver in water. this proably pisses me off more then most, becuase i dont have a reverse on a flabottom.and they sit there most of the day taking all the dock space. (3) if you drop someone off at the docks to retrive your truck, and your boat is operating fine. move away from the dock and idle your boat 30 feet or more from the luanch area. no need to sit on the dock waiting. you can see what a cluster f@ck this turns to on any busy weekend.the very first day out i taught my wife how to drive the boat for that very reason. (4) dry your boat , unload your boat all in the right areas. not in luanch lanes.(5) not at the lake but when you are trying to leave for the lake. the person who when you are saying. ok lets go everything is done. oh wait i have to go pee. that would always be my mother. everyone else already is with the program. shit you know that we are going
one more thing that pisses me off only once. cuase that is the only time you will get the chance to do it. enjoy my boat. on my dime gas ride ect... then when everything is all done and it is time to dry boat off. empty boat of your and my trash, ice chest ect...and you and your wife or girlfriend are sitting in the truck with a/c on. you would never recive a second invite.and if you ask about going agian i tell you exactly why you are not.

laveydayz
07-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Back in May, we took our new Lavey out for the first time at Hemminway, (Lake Mead). We came back in and someone had hit the trailer, scratched the fender and broke the reflector off the step and of coarse no note? What the F---? The boat was only two days old and the trailer was all jacked up. Guess there are just to many new morons just now getting into boating, cuz its the latest trend. I wish someone had seen the idiot that hit ours, so he could have paid for the damage.

Mandelon
07-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Just cuz they leave a note doesn't mean they will pay either. :supp:

KineticoH20
07-20-2005, 10:04 AM
Maybe we all should pay more for launch fee's so survalence camera's could at least catch these a$$holes in the act or at least get thier license numbers for the cops. In any case i believe that people who wrong other people eventually get thiers in the end, call it karma!