PDA

View Full Version : plane ticket needed

a catered life
07-20-2005, 02:59 AM
well my moms finally wants to come out and do the california thing........i told her the trip would be on me so HELP :confused: looking for a roundtrip ticket leaving mobile, alabama or new orleans august 25 to burbank airport and returning about 8-10 days later....not sure if we got someone that works for a airline or own a travel agency..... :D any help would be grateful

rivergoer
07-20-2005, 03:10 AM
go to cheaptickets.com im trying to fly my wife here to japan to visit for the week to break this deployment up a little and i found some leaving lax on the 14th of aug returning from okinawa japan to lax on the 21st for about $1600
i dont think alabama will be that much but other people who flew there wives out spen 2500 for the same flight. but earlier..might help :boxed:

JetBoatRich
07-20-2005, 03:26 AM
well my moms finally wants to come out and do the california thing........i told her the trip would be on me so HELP :confused: looking for a roundtrip ticket leaving mobile, alabama or new orleans august 25 to burbank airport and returning about 8-10 days later....not sure if we got someone that works for a airline or own a travel agency..... :D any help would be grateful
Willie good to hear your MOMS are coming out to meet us :rolleyes: but are they ready :confused: for the HB crowd :cool:

NashvilleBound
07-20-2005, 03:40 AM
go to www.iflyswa.com if you book out three weeks in advance its only $90-$100ish each way... I dont think swa flies into Burbank tho... if not, its twice the price for another airlines....at least. If your a cheap bastard like me drive the extra ways into LAX...or for the saving (what I usually do) get a cool limo and surprise your mother!

a catered life
07-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Willie good to hear your MOMS are coming out to meet us :rolleyes: but are they ready :confused: for the HB crowd :cool:
i dont even think she's ready to see me :eek:

Mrs.JBR
07-20-2005, 05:19 AM
I feel a PARTY in the making....I can be in charge of her shopping activites :D

a catered life
07-20-2005, 05:21 AM
lmao and mr jbr's amex, visa, mc cards will be on this trip :rollside:

a catered life
07-20-2005, 05:56 AM
go to www.iflyswa.com if you book out three weeks in advance its only $90-$100ish each way... I dont think swa flies into Burbank tho... if not, its twice the price for another airlines....at least. If your a cheap bastard like me drive the extra ways into LAX...or for the saving (what I usually do) get a cool limo and surprise your mother!
thanks nash
southwest had the best price $280 even and non stop too not bad at all
and to make the deal better they do go to burbank :shift:

NashvilleBound
07-20-2005, 06:41 AM
thanks nash
southwest had the best price $280 even and non stop too not bad at all
and to make the deal better they do go to burbank :shift:
Very cool. Hope it helped. I would send you one of my vouchers but they dont let me give them away any more AND I have used 15 in the last 2 months...getting lowwwwww ;)

a catered life
07-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Very cool. Hope it helped. I would send you one of my vouchers but they dont let me give them away any more AND I have used 15 in the last 2 months...getting lowwwwww ;)
vouchers must be nice to be you :D

NashvilleBound
07-20-2005, 07:22 AM
vouchers must be nice to be you :D
LOL....your killing me. I build homes on my South West card....it adds up fast. When you pay a $75k lumber bill its 3 flights right there.
BTW: I aam by myself here in TN and threw a corned beef in the crock pot this morning...any secrets to gettting a different flavor or tenderness?
I dont use the seasoning pack they give you....nasty. Thanks.

a catered life
07-20-2005, 07:24 AM
LOL....your killing me. I build homes on my South West card....it adds up fast. When you pay a $75k lumber bill its 3 flights right there.
ouch if i paid off any 75K bill inside of three years they better give me the dam plane.thanks anyway

NashvilleBound
07-20-2005, 07:26 AM
ouch if i paid off any 75K bill inside of three years they better give me the dam plane.thanks anyway
Its just business....and a way to get something extra on the monies i would be spending anyways.... how about some help with that corned beef now?????

meaniam
07-20-2005, 08:31 AM
go to cheaptickets.com im trying to fly my wife here to japan to visit for the week to break this deployment up a little and i found some leaving lax on the 14th of aug returning from okinawa japan to lax on the 21st for about $1600
i dont think alabama will be that much but other people who flew there wives out spen 2500 for the same flight. but earlier..might help :boxed:
dude i just wanted to say thanks for serving our country. i hope japan is awesome to you.
mike

NoCal NoBoat
07-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Nashville Bound:
Just in case catered life doesn't get back -
Try some garlic (to taste, recipe says 2 cloves for a 4 lb corned beef).
Onion (1/2 cup chopped, or cut a medium one in wedges). Couple of bay leaves. 3 or 4 carrots, cut in 2 inch pieces.
One recipe says saurkraut, but, I'm Irish. If I want a Reuben, I'll make a sandwich...

a catered life
07-20-2005, 10:10 AM
lol my 2 secerts for corned beef is in the end process i cover it with honey mustard and place it the oven until the mustard is nicely baked on and two slice it thin not wafer thin but this is the trick

NashvilleBound
07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys but i already ate half of it for lunch and the other has been diced for hash tomrrow moring with onion, garlic and potatoes...... of course some over med eggs too!!!

a catered life
07-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks guys but i already ate half of it for lunch and the other has been diced for hash tomrrow moring with onion, garlic and potatoes...... of course some over med eggs too!!!
on my way nothing like hash and eggs :D