PDA

View Full Version : Can't blame the White People

desertbird
07-22-2005, 07:18 AM
I thought this was another "Andy Rooney" email, but it checks out! :supp: Right on Bill Cosby. I always did like him. :)
I did check it out: CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/11/cosby/)
---------------------------------------------
We Can't Blame White People
written by BILL COSBY
They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: 'Why you ain't,' Where you is'...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads talking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics. I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is the father?
People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up?
How can you expect to make a living and support yourself when no one works? Parents don't work. Children don't work. No education. No skills. No accountability. No responsibility.
Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up... and got all type of needles piercing] going through her body? What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.
Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed... [Today] a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you're hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
We cannot blame the white people any longer.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-22-2005, 07:21 AM
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.[/SIZE]
Hukt on foniks wurqed for me. :p

HCS
07-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Bill Cosby is very out spoken towards blacks helping themselves.
He believes that's the answer for people who live in the ghetto.
In many ways he's right.

rivergoer
07-22-2005, 07:29 AM
hats cool i like cosby :D

Boozer
07-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Bill Cosby is just reiterating what every minority already knows, education is the key for the future generations. I don't think it's a big secret that Mr. Cosby just stumbled upon.
No but the fact that an influential black man is finally telling his people to stop making excuses and start taking responsibility is a big step forward.

TCS T
07-22-2005, 07:55 AM
That's Interesting! :jawdrop:

Freak
07-22-2005, 07:58 AM
No but the fact that an influential black man is finally telling his people to stop making excuses and start taking responsibility is a big step forward.
Not the first to do that lately. I watched a very famous comedian saying the same thing on a HBO special. (Name slips my mind) It was interesting and the crowd was silent.

AirtimeLavey
07-22-2005, 08:08 AM
The people he's talking to won't listen to him. They'll just call him an Uncle Tom and a sellout because he's not hip-hop or ghetto. Like they "dis" Colin Powell, Condy Rice, Larry Elder, etc....successful people that get there through hard work and integrity. One of my friends/co-worker likes to throw out the black plight/liberal thing, then he gets in his Lexus and drives home to his $500k home where his white wife is. Gimme a break! :yuk:

Waist Deep
07-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Was Bill Cosby setting the example when he F@@@@@ his nanny and had that iligitimate kid whos now on the street doin crack? These guys are funny!

Mrs. 4-B
07-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Agreed!

Wally_Gator
07-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Not the first to do that lately. I watched a very famous comedian saying the same thing on a HBO special. (Name slips my mind) It was interesting and the crowd was silent.
I think it was Chris Rock? Not sure. But Bill Cosby has been outspoken for several years on this matter. There was a huge flap over his words that had the black community upset. Heard it on the news...

Freak
07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see the trend grow. Step out of the funk and make a go of it. I wonder what Rev. J. Jackson is thinking.

topless
07-22-2005, 08:26 AM
Was Bill Cosby setting the example when he F@@@@@ his nanny and had that iligitimate kid whos now on the street doin crack? These guys are funny!
At least he's not on welfare.

BROADMINDED
07-22-2005, 08:35 AM
Rev. J. Jackson Is Not On Welfare Cause He Takes All, Of The Donation Money.

Waist Deep
07-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Jessee Jackson is the black devil!

76BARRON
07-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Juss watch diss, in few day's every thing he said will be forgoten as if he never said it at all. And YES sombody will fine da way to blame diss on the white folk's anyway! Uncle tom ..I mean BILL ...dont be haytin :rolleyes:

BROADMINDED
07-22-2005, 08:46 AM
This Thread Could Turn Ugly Real Quick With This Topic.

topless
07-22-2005, 08:47 AM
This Thread Could Turn Ugly Real Quick With This Topic.
yea homey, I heer wutz yu sayin. :supp:

SummitKarl
07-22-2005, 08:48 AM
HEY,HEY,HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bill Go
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!! were all born equal with equal potential, the only one to blame for a childs failure is POOR Parents.

topless
07-22-2005, 08:50 AM
HEY,HEY,HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Bill Go
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!! were all born equal with equal potential, the only one to blame for a childs failure is POOR Parents.
Thats true but at some point in your life you need to be held accountable for yourself and not do the poor me thing. It's always someone elses fault.

HOSS
07-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Well God damn,,,I`ve been saying this for years. Will it make a difference,,,HELL NO. As long as we keeping holding up our partof the bargain and pay taxes.

you gots 2 chill
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Bill Cosby isn't the first black person to make these comments, nor will he be the last.
The majority of people I know agree with him. As we all know, in spite of whatever (real) hurdles we face, it's ultimately up to you to succeed or fail. As for Jesse Jackson being the devil and some of the other dumb sh*t that was said, I won't even bother.

cdog
07-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Bill C is right. While education is in may way's the answer to financial and social freedom, it is'nt the only answer. You need to have a drive to better yourself. I know many over educated finger pointers who don't have the balls to take action in their own life, but like to tell everyone how to live their own. Black's in the US call themselfs african americans, I see americans not africans. They as a group want special treatment for the past, while fighting for that, they have come to using it as an excuse to blame everything on white men. Remember, education will only get you so far. The left likes to use education as another excuse. You can't teach people who don't want to be taught. Welfare people would pay more attention in life if they knew they would be cut off. But since the checks keep coming, they're just glad to be living another day.
On a Bill Cosby note. Why is it that blacks only help blacks, but whites help everyone when it comes to donations and public service. Example: Cosby used to sponser a half assed indy car driver named willie t ribbs (that is black). When ribbs could'nt hang with the big dogs, Cosby was out of the sport. All I ever see is black sports guy's on tv helping out inner city kids but the rest of us just help people. I have yet to see a nascar driver show up to a trailer park and help out only poor white trash. I think their focus on their own skin color is what holds them back. To guy's like Mel (that I have only met once). Thanks for just being a cool guy.

you gots 2 chill
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Bill C is right. While education is in may way's the answer to financial and social freedom, it is'nt the only answer. You need to have a drive to better yourself. I know many over educated finger pointers who don't have the balls to take action in their own life, but like to tell everyone how to live their own. Black's in the US call themselfs african americans, I see americans not africans. They as a group want special treatment for the past, while fighting for that, they have come to using it as an excuse to blame everything on white men. Remember, education will only get you so far. The left likes to use education as another excuse. You can't teach people who don't want to be taught. Welfare people would pay more attention in life if they knew they would be cut off. But since the checks keep coming, they're just glad to be living another day.
On a Bill Cosby note. Why is it that blacks only help blacks, but whites help everyone when it comes to donations and public service. Example: Cosby used to sponser a half assed indy car driver named willie t ribbs (that is black). When ribbs could'nt hang with the big dogs, Cosby was out of the sport. All I ever see is black sports guy's on tv helping out inner city kids but the rest of us just help people. I have yet to see a nascar driver show up to a trailer park and help out only poor white trash. I think their focus on their own skin color is what holds them back. To guy's like Mel (that I have only met once). Thanks for just being a cool guy.
Some people need to stop complaining and get up, get out, and get something, and thats who Bill is speaking to. Willie T Ribbs was a champion in several different racing divisions before CART. Bill stepped in because willie couldn't get any corporate sponsorship ( I wonder why?), and as we all know without the big bucks you can't compete in motorsports. Black atheletes support causes in the inner city, because these people have less exposure to succesful people, but many of the charities they support have nothing to do with the inner city or black people at all.
Since I can't change the world and I am here to have a good time, I'll leave it at that.

cdog
07-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Some people need to stop complaining and get up, get out, and get something, and thats who Bill is speaking to. Willie T Ribbs was a champion in several different racing divisions before CART. Bill stepped in because willie couldn't get any corporate sponsorship ( I wonder why?), and as we all know without the big bucks you can't compete in motorsports. Black atheletes support causes in the inner city, because these people have less exposure to succesful people, but many of the charities they support have nothing to do with the inner city or black people at all.
Since I can't change the world and I am here to have a good time, I'll leave it at that.
That is another way to look at. Bill only sponsered him because he is black. Imagine if Donald Trump did the same for a white driver because he was white. I thought it was pretty obvious. I like what you said here..
Since I can't change the world and I am here to have a good time, I'll leave it at that.[/QUOTE]
In order for blacks to advance themselfs, they need more doctors, lawyers, police, white collar jobs and blue collar jobs. What will they be when they can't play pro sports or be rappers? It's all up to them......

76BARRON
07-22-2005, 12:23 PM
but many of the charities they support have nothing to do with the inner city or black people at all.
Wow, I did not know that...I guess I need to think about that one...In the mean time does anybody know how I can contribute to the UNITED CAUCASIAN COLLEGE FUND?

2Driver
07-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I think the core of what he address is really color blind to society.
As far as blaming it on the white guy? Iv'e never met anyone, regadless of color, behind the 8-ball that has admitted to being a self-inflicted loser. They view themsleves as a victums whether that is because of whites, society, a trama, reverse discrimination you name it.
The class of people he speaks about and the issues goes for all races. The cycle repeats itself because kids learn from loser parents and their surroundings. Something has to happen to put a stake in the sand that will break that cycle (ie retrain and educate etc) or else loser parents will keep reproducing loser kids. Very few 5th generation welfare living baby-makers wake up on their own and say "gee it's been me all along", and go on to become business leaders- There are things anyone can do to help and I think the BC message serves as an attempt at a wake-up call if nothing else.

cdog
07-22-2005, 01:01 PM
As far as blaming it on the white guy? Iv'e never met anyone, regadless of color, behind the 8-ball that has admitted to being a self-inflicted loser. They view themsleves as a victums whether that is because of whites, society, a trama, reverse discrimination you name it.
The class of people he speaks about and the issues goes for all races. The cycle repeats itself because kids learn from loser parents and their surroundings. Something has to happen to put a stake in the sand that will break that cycle (ie retrain and educate etc) or else loser parents will keep reproducing loser kids. Very few 5th generation welfare living baby-makers wake up on their own and say "gee it's been me all along", and go on to become business leaders- There are things anyone can do to help and I think the BC message serves as an attempt at a wake-up call if nothing else.
Well said.

2Driver
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Well said.
Grassy ass....cdog check you pm

BROADMINDED
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Alot Of These African American Activists Who Do These Things For There Race Say That They Are Not A Racist. But In Fact When You Do Something For Only Your Particular Race, That Is A Racist Act. When You Single Out A Certain Race Whether It Be A Good Way Or In A Hurtful And Demeaning Way, That Is Racisim.

you gots 2 chill
07-22-2005, 01:12 PM
The class of people he speaks about and the issues goes for all races. The cycle repeats itself because kids learn from loser parents and their surroundings. Something has to happen to put a stake in the sand that will break that cycle (ie retrain and educate etc) or else loser parents will keep reproducing loser kids. Very few 5th generation welfare living baby-makers wake up on their own and say "gee it's been me all along", and go on to become business leaders- There are things anyone can do to help and I think the BC message serves as an attempt at a wake-up call if nothing else.I agree

Aqua Boogie1
07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Wow!!!! And by me being black, Im not touching this one. :cool: Im 35 and realized that I have to do for me and can't blame no one else for my down falls but me. So yes, I totally AGREE with Dr. Bill Cosby PHD. :cool: :coffeycup

you gots 2 chill
07-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Alot Of These African American Activists Who Do These Things For There Race Say That They Are Not A Racist. But In Fact When You Do Something For Only Your Particular Race, That Is A Racist Act. When You Single Out A Certain Race Whether It Be A Good Way Or In A Hurtful And Demeaning Way, That Is Racisim.
No, THIS is the definition.
Main Entry: racĀ·ism
Pronunciation: 'rA-"si-z&m also -"shi-
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

goneboatin
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
This is a speech that Cosby made last year, I think it was at an NAACP convention. He was there with Jesse Jackson who was ripping on the oppression the black people have been under for 300 years. Then Cosby got up and said his thing, after which Jackson then said that the black community needs to stop blaming eveyone for their own problem. What a hypocrite!
Well, maybe if Dr. Cosby got some of the peers the black community listens to maybe he'd be able to get his point across. But rappers and and most pro basketball players were juvenile (sp)delinquints before they got their break. Even after they become rich and successful, they still have that "hey look what I've got and you don't" mentality. Why do they wear all the gold jewlry, brag that they only drink Cristal (sp), or drive the big ol' Bentlys? It's not to blend in.
You never do see any rappers that say, "Stay in school and get an education, because that's something they can't take away from you". They are always promoting violence toward others and taking advantage of women. What kind of role models are they? They dress in gang attire, thus the kids wear the same thing because they think it's cool. Most people don't want to be around the gang type, we can't tell the difference. That's why they get shunned by the non-black society. If you want to be accepted you need to assimilate, not try to stand out.
I'm off my soapbox.