PDA

View Full Version : Eddies Marine

JB in so cal
07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
I've got an appointment for the 26th; Annual Service - they'll pick my boat up from storage and blah, blah.
I based my decision on feedback from some on here. My initial quote was about $650. Everything from fluids, filters, sensors, ecm report to the trailer.
Stay tuned.

riverroyal
07-22-2005, 05:38 PM
that doesnt sound good

JB in so cal
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Eddies Marine in Parker? Be careful, especially since you won't be there. Make sure you take a picture of the engine and maybe put some marks on the stuff they're supposed to change. I'm pretty sure they did my annual service a couple years back and never touched a thing. I never made a peep about it, to them or on the board, but I'm almost 99% positive. A few things that Aaron said when he did my service this year confirmed my suspicions.
do tell... What exactly should I be looking for

Sandbar Junkies
07-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I've got an appointment for the 26th; Annual Service - they'll pick my boat up from storage and blah, blah.
I based my decision on feedback from some on here. My initial quote was about $650. Everything from fluids, filters, sensors, ecm report to the trailer.
Stay tuned.
call savage marine

Jrocket
07-22-2005, 07:17 PM
I wouldnt send my worse enemy there!

Dawn Patrol
07-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Who will actually do the work properly in Parker? I need to have my Merc outboard serviced soon.

riverroyal
07-22-2005, 07:53 PM
at havasu springs?Ive seen the crew there they are older guys,they look like they have been at it along time

OutCole'd
07-22-2005, 08:15 PM
JB, I would be paying attention here. Take it to Aaron or Savage.

shadow
07-22-2005, 08:23 PM
JB, I would be paying attention here. Take it to Aaron or Savage.
JB,Take the extra time and have Aaron do your service.I know as well as plenty of others here you will only get Quality service @ Absolute.Do a search for Absolute marine.I've never personally dealth with Eddies but if theres doubt go with someone with a proven reputation and eliminate any doubt.

Havasu Boatin'
07-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I was ripped off at Eddies Marine in Parker ....I use Domn8er Service Center they are good guys and are really fair

JB in so cal
07-24-2005, 10:54 AM
My boat's there right now getting pampered. :wink:
Too much negative kharma re:Eddies.

H20 Party Starter
07-24-2005, 11:01 AM
My boat's there right now getting pampered. :wink:
Too much negative kharma re:Eddies.
Eddie= ripoff. <= notice the period
He used to have his shop inside Boat Storage until Roger Kicked his sorry ass out for overcharging/under-delivering on all the service work. We were one of his many unsatisfied customers and now he has a new prime location to sucker people in. :eat:
BTW: You'd be lucky if you actually paid the estimate price not a few hundi more as per Eddie's standard operating procedure