PDA

View Full Version : Road closure info ...access to Phx lakes

2Driver
07-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Thought some might find this useful. We have a few Fires going that might be affecting some lake access drives...
http://www.az511.com/hcrsweb/hcrsweb.jsp
Our house is full of smoke this morning... cough.... cough and limited visability.

2Driver
07-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Also shows entire state not just phx......

Keithb87
07-23-2005, 12:45 PM
ttt

Mrs Luvnlife
07-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Our house is full of smoke this morning... cough.... cough and limited visability.
I neglected to check on your link regarding the fires, but are you guys still in fire mode out there in Carefree? My parents have a house in Cavecreek, we went to visit them over the 4th and were watching the flames on the hill in the distance....has it come full circle or what?? :idea:

2Driver
07-23-2005, 01:15 PM
I neglected to check on your link regarding the fires, but are you guys still in fire mode out there in Carefree? My parents have a house in Cavecreek, we went to visit them over the 4th and were watching the flames on the hill in the distance....has it come full circle or what?? :idea:
The 250,000 acre Cave Creek complex fire is out but there are multiple others burning including a new one over by 4 Peaks (35 miles due west). It is growing and pushing heavy smoke into Carefree/Cave Creek.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/fire/ for all fires in Tonto Forest
It smells like a camp fire in the house today and ash is getting carried to our yard/pool in very small amounts after a big storm. The news reported that over 200 fires were started over the past couple days with most getting put out within 100 acres. Man I think this is just the beginning of a bad lightening storm year. We are on 7 acres and freak each time the dry lighting starts.... and pray for rain to follow..... What a crazy summer.
Thanks for asking. Be sure to look us up on a trip to see your folks

Mrs Luvnlife
07-23-2005, 01:34 PM
The 250,000 acre Cave Creek complex fire is out but there are multiple others burning including a new one over by 4 Peaks (35 miles due west). It is growing and pushing heavy smoke into Carefree/Cave Creek.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto/fire/ for all fires in Tonto Forest
It smells like a camp fire in the house today and ash is getting carried to our yard/pool in very small amounts after a big storm. The news reported that over 200 fires were started over the past couple days with most getting put out within 100 acres. Man I think this is just the beginning of a bad lightening storm year. We are on 7 acres and freak each time the dry lighting starts.... and pray for rain to follow..... What a crazy summer.
Thanks for asking. Be sure to look us up on a trip to see your folks
Dang, sorry to hear that! Nothing like smoke & ash all over the place and not being able to get away from it inside your own home :( . I hear ya, the dry lightning is scary stuff and there is DRY everywhere out there.
Thanks for the links, the first one you put up took some time to build, so I'll have to go back and check that one, but I was able to get the second one, good info, thanks....as I think my parents may be in New Mexico at the present time.
We'll definitely look ya up on our next trip out, we like to hit Harolds and some of the other fun bars out there! We'll be thinking of you guys in AZ!! :frown:

2Driver
07-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Dang, sorry to hear that! Nothing like smoke & ash all over the place and not being able to get away from it inside your own home :( . I hear ya, the dry lightning is scary stuff and there is DRY everywhere out there.
Thanks for the links, the first one you put up took some time to build, so I'll have to go back and check that one, but I was able to get the second one, good info, thanks....as I think my parents may be in New Mexico at the present time.
We'll definitely look ya up on our next trip out, we like to hit Harolds and some of the other fun bars out there! We'll be thinking of you guys in AZ!! :frown:
Be sure to hit the Bar and Grill called "Greasewood flats" (kid friendly)when the weater cools a bit...You won't believe this place

Mrs Luvnlife
07-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Be sure to hit the Bar and Grill called "Greasewood flats" (kid friendly)when the weater cools a bit...You won't believe this place
Hmmmm, really??? Is this a new place?....there was a brand new bar/grill that had just opened up. Good stuff, huh? :)

2Driver
07-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Hmmmm, really??? Is this a new place?....there was a brand new bar/grill that had just opened up. Good stuff, huh? :)
The place may be as old as 70-90 years? and all orig. Everything is outside (except where you go into order) under big cottonwoood trees and a real funky monkey. Outside band, bars, dance floor and fire pits that you self feed from the giant firewood pile.... watch the kiddies. Lots of old relics in the yard (cars, tractors etc.) and a few Peecocks. You think it was a place that could only exist before liabilty suits :) . Mainly big burgers, beer and drinks but a unique fun place. ABout 15 min or so from Cave Creek.
See ya

Mrs Luvnlife
07-23-2005, 02:51 PM
The place may be as old as 70-90 years? and all orig. Everything is outside (except where you go into order) under big cottonwoood trees and a real funky monkey. Outside band, bars, dance floor and fire pits that you self feed from the giant firewood pile.... watch the kiddies. Lots of old relics in the yard (cars, tractors etc.) and a few Peecocks. You think it was a place that could only exist before liabilty suits :) . Mainly big burgers, beer and drinks but a unique fun place. ABout 15 min or so from Cave Creek.
See ya
Gotcha...I was wondering how I would have missed a place like that out there in CC. Sounds like a fun place, we'll have to check it out next time we're out there, thanks! :rollside: