PDA

View Full Version : When did YOU realize

Kilrtoy
07-24-2005, 12:00 AM
that the person you call your spouse, IS THE ONE FOR YOU......
For me it was the very FIRST second I laid eyes on her..... :chi:

Froggystyle
07-24-2005, 12:06 AM
I am pretty much in the same boat. I knew right away.
Eight year anniversary is well past now too...

HM
07-24-2005, 12:13 AM
I was in deep thought about who would be the mother of my future children, when a beam of light shot from heavens and illuminated her like an angel as she played with my sister's kids - and I just knew. We now have 3 kids. :cool:

Kilrtoy
07-24-2005, 12:37 AM
I am pretty much in the same boat. I knew right away.
Eight year anniversary is well past now too...
Great minds think alike....

Outnumbered
07-24-2005, 12:41 AM
Same thing here for the most part. Although, I was pretty young. Known her for 20 years this August and our Fourteen year aniversary coming up in September.
Damn, I'm getting old :frown:

Flyinbowtie
07-24-2005, 05:12 AM
1st day of 1st period of senior year of high school, walked in and looked around. I sat down next to the cutest girl in class. A month later we were dating, and have been inseperable ever since. I knew it by spring break.
That would have been spring break of 1976.
We were married in 1980.
So far so good..

ahhell
07-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Met my wife in 1979, we worked at Pup n taco in Ontario...16 years old, dated broke up dated again.....married 20 years next month :( ... :D
cant imagine being without her

JetBoatRich
07-24-2005, 05:27 AM
First night I met her ;) been married ten years this year and together 19 years :D :D

shueman
07-24-2005, 05:48 AM
Met my wife in 1979, we worked at Pup n taco in Ontario...16 years old, dated broke up dated again.....married 20 years next month :( ... :D
cant imagine being without her
Same here....over 30 years together..!!
I was working at a grocery store on 4th & Mountain in Ont....she lived close and would come in to buy an RC Cola and visit.
I re-arranged the cooler so the RC was at the end, on the bottom shelf so she'd give us a "nice view" on her next trip in....BAMM....SOLD....!!! :D

BigBlockBaja
07-24-2005, 06:17 AM
Im still looking for her...I fear when i find her my boat will be less used.

Chromegorilla
07-24-2005, 06:39 AM
You must be in the dog house right now....... :D

ratso
07-24-2005, 06:53 AM
...which one? :rolleyes: :idea:

Forkin' Crazy
07-24-2005, 07:13 AM
lol. No spouse here. I got rid of her (depending on how you look at it) and kept my boat. Do I have my priorities in order, or what? :D

Sportin' Wood
07-24-2005, 07:18 AM
When she told me she was...... :wink:

hot_diggity_dog
07-24-2005, 07:19 AM
After 20 years of marriage! LOL
HDD :cool:

Mandelon
07-24-2005, 07:20 AM
For me too, but she was already married to you. :mad:
LOL, no same deal. It took about 4 seconds. 15 years!
BTW I worked at a PupnTaco too!

HCS
07-24-2005, 07:24 AM
Ya, which one. Dated my wife I have now for 10 years. Just celebrated our eight year wedding anniversary. :D

termiteguy
07-24-2005, 07:47 AM
when she told me i was she must have of been wright 17 year latter and 3 kids
i would do it all over again :lightsabe

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-24-2005, 08:34 AM
I knew it when i realized i didn't want to spend time with anyone else.
it'll be 8 years of marriage, 2 kids, three houses, and a world of experiences on august 2....!

mbrown2
07-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Ditto, but I was 16 when I first saw her.

NorCal Gameshow
07-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Right away , it just took a little while to admit it :D
coming up on 20 :cool:

probablecause
07-24-2005, 09:19 AM
When she told me she was pregnant :sqeyes:

*BN*
07-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Working for a company here in LA, I was sent out to New York to setup a computer system. Went to NY for a pre-install meeting 2 months before the job to start. Sat two days through boring meetings and on the last night the team went out for dinner. Across from me at the dinner table there was a gal that was not involved in the meetings at all but added to the team.
During dinner she stated should would call me when I came back for the job and show me some of the sites of Manhatten.
2 months later when I flew out for the install that was to take only 30 days she called on the 3rd day. She said she would come by my suite on the following Saturday and show me NY the NY way.
Well after taking trains, busses subways and walking miles and having a great time she grabbed my hand while walking the streets.
Next thing you know we are at her mothers house and I meeting everybody she grew up with.
The job took 90 days rather than 30 hmmmm wonder if I had anything to with that. lol
After returning home to CA she followed me 30 days later.
Married 6 months later. Been 16 years with two kids boy and girl 12 and 14.
Guess it was the taking of the hand. :shift:

HCS
07-24-2005, 09:22 AM
When she told me she was pregnant :sqeyes:
Been there. :sqeyes:

rivergoer
07-24-2005, 09:47 AM
for me i just knew it..it was a gut feeling..i will never not love her she is the best... :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-24-2005, 10:09 AM
When she told me she was...... :wink:
You are so full of crap! :hammerhea
:p
For me it was sometime during our senior year of high school when I realized that he was my favorite person to hang out with.

rrrr
07-24-2005, 10:12 AM
:cool:
:D :D
I saw Fonda across a room while working, met her later that day. I knew she was the one, it just took a couple of years to convince her..... :D
Sixteen years this month since we met, and every day seems like it was last week.

Kilrtoy
07-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Awesome stories........
Now the PUP-n-TACO brought back memories of childhood
three taco's and a coke for a buck

charitycase
07-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I would say when she was a roomate for about 3 mos.I had a job that required me to be onsite at 5am & Christina was the one waking up to make my lunch not my spouse at the time.I did however,fall in love with her at first site.Then every morning when I wake up.

riverroyal
07-24-2005, 10:32 AM
found out she was working 2 jobs ,going to sdsu and living on her own,I thought to myself,hey a motivated hot blonde,tough find.That was 15 yrs ago,she is now the most driven working mom ive ever met,shes at work now!.and shes still hot,god bless her :)

goeasy8
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
been married 22 years next month, still dont know if shes the right one :hammerhea

Mrs.charitycase
07-24-2005, 10:49 AM
I would say when she was a roomate for about 3 mos.I had a job that required me to be onsite at 5am & Christina was the one waking up to make my lunch not my spouse at the time.I did however,fall in love with her at first site.Then every morning when I wake up.
Awwww. I would have to say...He tried and tried to make me his. I didn't realize he was really in love with me for a long time. He's my best friend! He's very romantic and A great MAN! I don't know when I realized he was the one...But I surely know it EVERYDAY! We've been together 3 years in Sept. and have known eachother for 6 years. I am still VERY much in love with that man! We met dirtbike riding/camping...He burnt down my tent....We went and bought a new one....(just me and him)..We became roomates and it went from there. We had/have SOOOOOOO much in common. We hit it off great as friends! And now here we are. He's my world.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2473acasey.JPG

HCS
07-24-2005, 11:03 AM
For a minute there when you said burnt down the tent a thought you ment something else. :D
I didn't think you meant literally. :sqeyes:

Mrs.charitycase
07-24-2005, 11:08 AM
For a minute there when you said burnt down the tent a thought you ment something else. :D
I didn't think you meant literally. :sqeyes:
LOL!!! Nope...LITERALLY!!!

Red Horse
07-24-2005, 11:21 AM
I just had come back from a deployment in the middle east, (where the hell else) to find out that my place had been broken in to. Lost 90% of everything. So instead of staring at a wall in my new place sitting on the floor I went out. She was there with some of here friends for her 21st Birthday in a miniskirt and looking DAMN good. I asked her out. I was 30. She said yes and now we are married little over 3 years. On the first date I thought I could actually marry this one. Hell no I didnt tell her that. Didnt want to admit it!!! Now I am real happy with her. She is a great wife and she LOVES TO GO BOATING Plus looks great in a bathing suit. :wink:
Here she is sitting on the boathttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/7936Willow_beach_17_July_073-med.jpg

SnakeWrench
07-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Funny thing. I was in the midst of a very nasty and expensive devorce. Went to a get together with a buddy of mine and met her then. I wasn't really in the mind set of thinking about dating anyone. As time passed I kept running into her and we got to know each other. That was 4 years ago and we just got married on April 2nd. When I realized she was as crazy as me, and as excited about life, I knew.
Her kids on the other hand didn't really take to me very well, but now they are my kids(never had my own) as much as hers. Never thought I'd find anyone that looked at life the way I did. I look forward to the 10th and 20th and 30th years together. ;)

Mrs.charitycase
07-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Great stories!!! Great thread Kilr!

Tom Brown
07-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Sometimes I see a beautiful woman and I think, "I'd like to be sexual with her."

HCS
07-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Sometimes I see a beautiful woman and I think, "I'd like to be sexual with her."
That happens with all of us. It's ok Tom it's normal. :D

bunny 166
07-24-2005, 11:49 AM
I saw those tan, blond haired legs in construction boots on a ladder while he was looking in the roof of the garage for a leak....WOW. He was there late on a Saturday, worked long hours all week, and always smiled and waved when he drove by in his truck....very hard working. I knew he was driven, and so good looking, I didn't think I had a chance....
My dad went down to the construction trailer and said "I bet of you ask my daughter out she'd say yes...."
I never knew he did that until we'd been dating for months...I was so embarassed....I guess Dad knew it was love at first sight,too.... :cool: :cool: Just had our 9 year anniversary July 13th, and he's still a total hottie....YUM :wink:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0929-med.JPG

Sportin' Wood
07-24-2005, 11:52 AM
:p
For me it was sometime during our senior year of high school when I realized that he was my favorite person to hang out with.
OK You got me. It might have been that you had a job, or the fact your car ran, and you had gas money that hooked me :rollside:
Truth be told she was the coolest chick in the clique, and seemed to have no problem putting up with my sh!t. Peas and carrots! The mini skirts did'nt hurt.

Jbb
07-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Like this one from High School Tom...?.....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860183-strongboy.jpg

Sportin' Wood
07-24-2005, 11:55 AM
I saw those tan, blond haired legs in construction boots
All the chicks dig the perma sock that goes along with the work boot tan! :D

bunny 166
07-24-2005, 11:56 AM
All the chicks dig the perma sock that goes along with the work boot tan! :D
Hee hee....he still gets it... :hammerhea :wink:

djunkie
07-24-2005, 12:21 PM
It was a warm summer afternoon. We were walking down by the beach holding hands. I looked over at her and new right away......wait a minute I'm not even married. :hammerhea :D

78Anthonyjet
07-24-2005, 01:15 PM
When we were sitting at a bar after a Christmas lunch, kinda buzzed, looked across the table, looked at her and asked her to marry me. That was 14 years ago. :D She still don't like the boat. :squiggle:

Big Warlock
07-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I am always on the lookout for the future "Mrs. Ex!!"
:boxed: :rollside:

Big Warlock
07-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Sometimes it seems simpler just to find a good looking blonde I can hate and buy her a house and call it good?????
:)

Nord
07-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Still looking!!! I'm ready, but haven't found anyone. Owning a business doesn't give me enough time to go look, but I have made a little more free time for myself lately.

HCS
07-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Still looking!!! I'm ready, but haven't found anyone. Owning a business doesn't give me enough time to go look, but I have made a little more free time for myself lately.
I wouldn't hurry. After a couple fail marriages I was single for like 10 years before I did it a third time. :2purples:
Advice: Make sure you have the right girl.

Nord
07-24-2005, 02:17 PM
I'm 27......It aint a race :cool:

HCS
07-24-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm 27......It aint a race :cool:
Wait till yer 40 then go find some young babe. You'll be happier. :D

djunkie
07-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Wait till yer 40 then go find some young babe. You'll be happier. :D
I like the sound of that. :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
07-24-2005, 02:37 PM
I was going to Havascrew with a cousin and J was a friend of her man's... I had'nt met him yet and he was driving his car while I was in another.... We stopped to eat half way there and we both went to order at the same time not knowing, I then went a mute as we bumped and he said go ahead!!! I COULD'NT EVEN SPEAK!!!!!!! His blue eyes did'nt help me either!!!!! LOL
Later that night we we're all drinking and every one went to bed. J and myself sat out by the pool, when all the sudden he looked up at the sky................and said looking at the stars is like looking up a girls skirt, you can see it all................................
I was rolling on the floor laughing and thought HOT and FUNNY too............he's definitly a keeper!!!!!!

djunkie
07-24-2005, 02:41 PM
I was going to Havascrew with a cousin and J was a friend of her man's... I had'nt met him yet and he was driving his car while I was in another.... We stopped to eat half way there and we both went to order at the same time not knowing, I then went a mute as we bumped and he said go ahead!!! I COULD'NT EVEN SPEAK!!!!!!! His blue eyes did'nt help me either!!!!! LOL
Later that night we we're all drinking and every one went to bed. J and myself sat out by the pool, when all the sudden he looked up at the sky................and said looking at the stars is like looking up a girls skirt, you can see it all................................
I was rolling on the floor laughing and thought HOT and FUNNY too............he's definitly a keeper!!!!!!
Thats a great line. I'll have to try that one sometime. :D

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
07-24-2005, 02:50 PM
LMAO..............I thought so too :D
Sheesh, I married the guy!!!! :D

SummitKarl
07-24-2005, 05:55 PM
as soon as I saw AZGFBOATGIRL's pic :wink:
hows that for sucking up Lib :D :D

Norseman
07-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Me too!!
Took her a little longer!! :)
Meet when I was a JR in high School. We've been married 30 years and have 2 kids. I guess it stuck!!!
Bob

azgfboatgirl
07-26-2005, 11:25 AM
as soon as I saw AZGFBOATGIRL's pic :wink:
hows that for sucking up Lib :D :D
I'm likeing it so far!! :wink: :wink:

Tom Brown
07-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Like this one from High School Tom...?.....
I got my taste of big a little early and developed a taste for it. Now when I look around, all I see are stick people.

HCS
07-26-2005, 11:37 AM
I got my taste of big a little early and developed a taste for it. Now when I look around, all I see are stick people.
Running blind?

IN2-IN2MX
07-26-2005, 11:39 AM
Awww, I like that story. Very cute. :)

Mrs_Wally_Gator
07-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Well Wally_Gator and I met in a Bar in Houston where I was working. He walked in tight jeans, boots, Cowboy hat, and a long sleeve white shirt that GLOWED in the black lights. Our eyes met across the room and he smiled at me. Well a little while later (after I was drunk enough) I got up the courage to go sit in his lap and ask him where he had been all my life. His smart a$$ answer was "California" We ended up talking til closing time and then we went to breakfast. He came back to Texas on business several times. On one of his trips he said he did not like me life style out in Texas. Asked me to move to California. That was a month after I met him. Well that was 7 and half years ago. We are still together and just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary, our daughter's 2nd birthday, and him adopting my 2 boys from a previous marriage. I knew when I sat in his lap that this man was the perfect man.

HOOTER SLED-
07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Big Daddy's got a way with words you know. :D I'm so irresistable. ;) :D
Michelle, don't forget to tell 'em how I got in your pants that night. :devil: ;) :D

djunkie
07-26-2005, 12:03 PM
Big Daddy's got a way with words you know. :D I'm so irresistable. ;) :D
Michelle, don't forget to tell 'em how I got in your pants that night. :devil: ;) :D
I've never really needed any good pick up lines. I usually just show them my 8 inch tongue and they're ready to go. :p :D

Eliminator 4 Life
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
I've never really needed any good pick up lines. I usually just show them my 8 inch tongue and they're ready to go. :p :D
fawk dude the shit is getting deep around here and I think Djunkie is filling the pot :cool:

Cole Trickle
07-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I met Jen on a forced blind double date.
I told my friend I wasn't going 10 times before I finaly gave in and threw on some clothes and headed out the door as his wing man.
We get to the house and there is immediate chemistry and amazing simmularities that draw us together. ;) (Our friends never went on a second date)
We have been inseperable for 5 years next month and have lived together for a little over 3 years.
We have yet to seriously discuss mariage but we both know we will be togther for the rest of our lifes.
I am lucky enough to have what you only read about.She is my best friend my lover and my honest to god soul mate.(Our relationship has always been tremendously easy)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491IMG_1350.JPG
Brandin

Unforgiven
07-26-2005, 01:20 PM
too bad she doesn't feel the same about you

lewiville
07-26-2005, 01:26 PM
when she lied, took all the money, and screwed the nieghbor hood :wink:

bunny 166
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I met Jen on a forced blind double date.
I told my friend I wasn't going 10 times before I finaly gave in and threw on some clothes and headed out the door as his wing man.
We get to the house and there is immediate chemistry and amazing simmularities that draw us together. ;) (Our friends never went on a second date)
We have been inseperable for 5 years next month and have lived together for a little over 3 years.
We have yet to seriously discuss mariage but we both know we will be togther for the rest of our lifes.
I am lucky enough to have what you only read about.She is my best friend my lover and my honest to god soul mate.(Our relationship has always been tremendously easy)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2491IMG_1350.JPG
Brandin
That is cute....notice those lions are gettin' ready to get it on in the background? I think it's a hint.....buy a ring already!! :p :p

topless
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Haven't met him yet so I can't tell you. I thought it was Frenchi till the dog incedent. :confused:

ratso
07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Haven't met him yet so I can't tell you. I thought it was Frenchi till the dog incedent. :confused:
C'mon topless... nobody is perfect. :rolleyes:

Wicked Game
07-26-2005, 01:45 PM
We kept meeting at our townhouse complex pool. Everytime we ran into each other, we were both nursing a hang over from partying the night before. Right there I knew she was the woman for me. Made my kids sell christmas wraping door to door in her neighborhood to find out which unit she lived in. She's my lover, my best friend, and my partner. Nobody I'd rather be with.

Bre
07-26-2005, 01:59 PM
What a depressing thread :220v: :p
Cute storys everyone. :)

riverbound
07-26-2005, 02:01 PM
What a depressing thread :220v: :p
Cute storys everyone. :)
I was thinking the same thing :frown:
I almost responded once, but I figured my story didnt end so well...it started out great though.

Bre
07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing :frown:
I almost responded once, but I figured my story didnt end so well...it started out great though.
We need to start a new thread for the single ones....
When did you realize he/she wasn't the one for you

Tom Brown
07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Yes. Single ones who are hot for Canadians. :cool:

riverbound
07-26-2005, 02:06 PM
That would be a very saddening thread :(

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Yes. Single ones who are hot for Canadians. :cool:
ohhhhh nooooo I did a Kanook once it was so cold it took two weeks for my boys to come back out of hiding :eek:

ratso
07-26-2005, 02:10 PM
...cool. :idea:

havaduner
07-26-2005, 02:11 PM
When did I know? 2nd time I ever met her, after a really bad day of racing( MX) this hot little 90lb blond sat down with me and my mechanic and drank us beer for beer and then paid the tab!!!

Tom Brown
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
...cool. :idea:
I'm guessing you realize that after every orgasm.

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
When did I know? 2nd time I ever met her, after a really bad day of racing( MX) this hot little 90lb blond sat down with me and my mechanic and drank us beer for beer and then paid the tab!!!
So..She had you at "I'll Pay"..LOL

OGShocker
07-26-2005, 02:20 PM
I fell for my Mrs the first time I saw her. It took me three years to get the backbone to ask her out. Six months later we were married, that was 12 years ago in September. She is my World!

Tom Brown
07-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I fell for my Mrs the first time I saw her. It took me three years to get the backbone to ask her out. Six months later we were married, that was 12 years ago in September. She is my World!
Cool story.
You guys are a great couple. :cool:

Cole Trickle
07-26-2005, 02:25 PM
That is cute....notice those lions are gettin' ready to get it on in the background? I think it's a hint.....buy a ring already!! :p :p
Thanks
I think the reason it works so well is I found her in a third world country and she dosen't speak a word of english. :wink:
Ring?
I tought her that all things that glimmer or sparkle are bad omens and can ruin a years worth of crops. :eek:
All I had to do was buy her dad 2 goats and pomise to name our first child after her mom. :hammerhea
It will happen but there is no way she would let me sell the vett or boat to get her a ring.(I will keep playing the lottery)

Mrs. 4-B
07-26-2005, 02:43 PM
End of our sophomore year in HS, Health class. Next February we celebrate 24 years of marriage!

ratso
07-26-2005, 02:46 PM
I'm guessing you realize that after every orgasm.
...eventually you get into that frame of mind. :notam:

havaduner
07-26-2005, 02:47 PM
So..She had you at "I'll Pay"..LOL
That, or "wanna another beer"

havaduner
07-26-2005, 02:48 PM
That, or "wanna another beer"
She no longer asks, she just keeps handing them to me LOL

JustMVG
07-26-2005, 02:51 PM
The second day i started at Coca cola i saw her, lusted for awhile, scammed a way to have a lunch break the same time she did, after asking if it was ok to sit with her, she was alone, when i sat down that was it i knew we'd be together, and after awhile i got her to go for a few dates and then finally we just both knew it was time to go for it and we got married in 2000, will celebrate our 5th anniv. next month. I have never been happier in my life. Greatest woman i have ever known next to Mom.

Wicked Game
07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Sometimes it seems simpler just to find a good looking blonde I can hate and buy her a house and call it good?????
:)
DUDE...that is so you :cool:

locogringo
07-26-2005, 09:54 PM
we've been together so long I don't remember! MEt when we were 19, now I am 35. What the hell? Married for 13 years come this Sunday! I should probably go buy her something special huh?