PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Thanks to Infomaniac!

Rev. Williams
07-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Since many of you may never check out the work going on in the Gear Head section within this site I'd like to bring it to your attention..... There is a man in there that does some great work!! Some of you know him as the engine builder for Wes and his Trident boats, but he also does work for individuals, and of course I'm talking about Infomaniac.
Just about 4 weeks ago I sent him the motor from my Daytona since it looked as if I spun a bearing. After his quick review it was confirmed and it was time for a rebuild. Since I was only running a mild 454 we talked about upping the cubes and of course adding "More Power" !! :D :D Info jumped right on it and starting ordering everything I'd need to make this a very strong 496 and get me the HP I was after. It all went soooo smooth (and keep in mind, I'm here in California and Info is in Oklahoma)!! with a phone call here and there and then a full thread in Gear Heads showing step by step just what was happening, and also helping many other pro builders and garage guys along the way. The thread is perhaps the most viewed (over 3000) and has 132 posts from so many people asking questions and learning from what Info was teaching them. Each time a question was put up Info was on it and was more then willing to help. And like I said, even to other professional builders ie...his competition !! He truly is a stand-up guy/builder and now friend :D
Many of you may never touch your motors, but if a time ever comes that it needs help, pick up the phone and call Infomaniac. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks Info for everything !!! I couldn't be happier !!
Here is the thread: http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83319
And here is the final motor running: http://moritzmachine.com/rev.WMV

Mrs.Racer277
07-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Congrats on the new motor Jer.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Info and he is a terrific guy. :) :)

Blown 472
07-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Congrats. Hopefully will meet info at Indy this year. :rollside:

Jbb
07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
The boy has talent......It would be wise for board members to take advantage of it.... :)

JetBoatRich
07-24-2005, 07:22 PM
Sounds real good Jerry :wink: no doubt he knows what he is doing and full of INFORMATION.
I see the Dyno was skipped :cool:

Rev. Williams
07-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds real good Jerry :wink: no doubt he knows what he is doing and full of INFORMATION.
I see the Dyno was skipped :cool:
Ya, It was going to be around $600 to know.... So I'll just figure out the HP once I get it in the boat. It should be somewhere between 600-650.
It sure sounds like 643hp to me :D :D That's my guess !!

JetBoatRich
07-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Ya, It was going to be around $600 to know.... So I'll just figure out the HP once I get it in the boat. It should be somewhere between 600-650.
It sure sounds like 643hp to me :D :D That's my guess !!
You may may never know the actual HP, it had to loud in person with those pipes :eek: I like the engine stand and garden hoses :eek:

Infomaniac
07-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks Rev. Don't dwell on HP. Just see how well the boat runs.
And JBR We dont run engines at all. I have run them on a storage stand before. Best I could do not going to the dyno. Got her done though LOL
Gotta have balls (or something) to post something as unprofessional looking as that.

JetBoatRich
07-25-2005, 07:27 AM
Gotta have balls (or something) to post something as unprofessional looking as that.
It was cool :cool: and looked like all was working as it is suppose to :cool:

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Ron's the man.
He's always helpfull and a heck of tour guide around the NHRA pits as well... :D
If you need anything powerplant help or parts, give Info and the peeps at Moritz a call...

Rev. Williams
07-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Thanks Rev. Don't dwell on HP. Just see how well the boat runs.
And JBR We dont run engines at all. I have run them on a storage stand before. Best I could do not going to the dyno. Got her done though LOL
Unless you're in the business of making stands, It doesn't matter what stand looks like :D :D It's all about the motor and how well it runs!! Thanks again!!

jackpunx
07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
I have spoke with info on different occasions.. He was very helpful when I was contemplating my upgrade to Big HP.. I would have used him.. but with engines like this being so temperamental I decided to go to someone close enough that I could take it to them easily..
If I were going with a little more mild engine.. I would have gone with Info with out a doubt..
That’s not to say that he doesn’t build a bad ass Big HP motor.. it just says he's not a hop skip and a jump away from us SO CAL boys..
Jerry.. congrats.. Looking forward to seeing you tap 100mph :D

Liberator TJ1984
07-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Congrats !!! Jerry :D
sounds good !!!
Ron , the guys at Midnight Boat Wurks came up with this little idea , might come in handy with all the rush jobs without Dyno time ya get :idea: beats the hell outta stooping over , or adjusting valves ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/215DSC01380.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/215DSC01381.JPG
Gopher

Nord
07-26-2005, 10:38 AM
Who cares lets just stare at Rev. Williams avitar!!! :cool:

HCS
07-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Who cares lets just stare at Rev. Williams avitar!!! :cool:
That's definitely the hot little babe av. When people I work with see it they love it! :rollside:

Rev. Williams
07-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Jerry.. congrats.. Looking forward to seeing you tap 100mph :D
If it becomes a triple digit boat I'll frikin be on cloud nine!!! But before I make any runs for it I wanna get a foot trottle. Going that fast with only one hand on the wheel and trying to work the trim just right kinda bothers me. One thing I've learned in watching you move up in speed is safety first!! I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more to be sure I'm comfortable.