PDA

View Full Version : Gas for new home in Havasu??

Supultlbich
07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Just looking for some opinions on having a gas line run to our new home in Havasu, $1400.00 to have it run from the street, and stubbed up in four spots. Any opinions??

INSman
07-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Just looking for some opinions on having a gas line run to our new home in Havasu, $1400.00 to have it run from the street, and stubbed up in four spots. Any opinions??
I would spend th money on undergroud utilities first, unless your house already comes with them.
Gas for a fireplace, maybe some appliances and a gas bbq or fire pit, but how often do you need heat in that friggin' place ??

SDLifesaver
07-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Spend the money you cheap bastard. You'll regret it later, trust me.

franky
07-25-2005, 12:30 PM
If it is really only $1,400 to have it brought from the street to the house and ran to 4 locations, then thats a great price. GAS CLOTHES DRIERS RULE!! Even if you do not see the need now, it would be worth the investment for re-sale.

SummitKarl
07-25-2005, 12:35 PM
If it is really only $1,400 to have it brought from the street to the house and ran to 4 locations, then thats a great price. GAS CLOTHES DRIERS RULE!! Even if you do not see the need now, it would be worth the investment for re-sale.
I agree, std price for 4 stubs in a new home

BoatPI
07-25-2005, 01:30 PM
U amy have alread found this out, but the gas co will run the line for FREE. thay run something like 100', and you pay a fraction of the real cost per foot after that. Of course they stop at the meter. I had a line run 2 years ago, like 200'. They sat on their butt for 4 months then got the job done. Did not charge me a penny. That is a tough job, as I think they run the mainline 5' under.