PDA

View Full Version : Who's near El Monte, Ca??

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Need info.. My Aunt is busy dealing with the death of my cousin..But I wanna know NOW!
Does anybody live near or in El Monte, Ca? My cousin was on foot and killed by a train Saturday July 23 2005..Any News sites that have the info or might have the info?

BoatPI
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
So a Yahoo news search or check www.latimes.com

deltarat
07-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Need info.. My Aunt is busy dealing with the death of my cousin..But I wanna know NOW!
Does anybody live near or in El Monte, Ca? My cousin was on foot and killed by a train Saturday July 23 2005..Any News sites that have the info or might have the info?
I am very sorry to hear that you have to deal with something this tragic. My company does a lot of rail side work and one thing I have learned through all of the training that we have to go through, is that if your back is to a train and depending on the speed of the train, by the time you hear the train and turn around to see it, you have about 5 seconds to react before you are hit. I sure hope that this tragic loss will heal quickly for yourselves and the rest of your family. You guys will definitely be in my prayers today.
Deltarat

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 10:13 AM
I am very sorry to hear that you have to deal with something this tragic. My company does a lot of rail side work and one thing I have learned through all of the training that we have to go through, is that if your back is to a train and depending on the speed of the train, by the time you hear the train and turn around to see it, you have about 5 seconds to react before you are hit. I sure hope that this tragic loss will heal quickly for yourselves and the rest of your family. You guys will definitely be in my prayers today.
Deltarat
Thank you Deltarat. We are still trying to put this together. It's unbelieveable. TAhe unfortunate part is that he was walking with his twin brother and he saw the whole thing!..Thank you. Keep us in your prayers.

CandyA$$
07-26-2005, 10:20 AM
I searched every news site I could find even the chamber, but I cannot find anything. I will keep looking though.
Sorry for the loss and you and your family will be in my prayers.

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 10:30 AM
I searched every news site I could find even the chamber, but I cannot find anything. I will keep looking though.
Sorry for the loss and you and your family will be in my prayers.
Hey thanks! I can't find anything either. Wouldn't there be a story?

CandyA$$
07-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey thanks! I can't find anything either. Wouldn't there be a story?
Not always, I have even searched all the local newspapers, and nothing.
Sorry

BlownHowardCat
07-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Was he 47 years old ?

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Not always, I have even searched all the local newspapers, and nothing.
Sorry
hmmmm. Well I guess I have to wait. Thank you girlie..You're awesome.. Bet you're a great friend!

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Was he 47 years old ?
He's in his forties...Think he's 45 or something. Find Something?

BlownHowardCat
07-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Check your PM's

CandyA$$
07-26-2005, 11:29 AM
hmmmm. Well I guess I have to wait. Thank you girlie..You're awesome.. Bet you're a great friend!
Thanks I allways think of everyone else before myself.
Let me know if you find anything.

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks I allways think of everyone else before myself.
Let me know if you find anything.
Hey BlownHowardCat found alittle something!!! Thank you!!

Sleek-Jet
07-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope you find more info out soon. :( :(

BlownHowardCat
07-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey BlownHowardCat found alittle something!!! Thank you!!
No Problemo.

Mrs.charitycase
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
We are really confused... First off the article says twin brother..Which is correct..Then It says homeless man. I wonder why My cousin didn't tell them he wasn't homeless. It's wierd.

CandyA$$
07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
We are really confused... First off the article says twin brother..Which is correct..Then It says homeless man. I wonder why My cousin didn't tell them he wasn't homeless. It's wierd.
Where did he find it?
I went everywhere, just curious

Dutch
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Was This him? I am relatively new here, but I am very sorry for the loss to you and your family. My prayers go out to you all.
Homeless man hit, killed by train
INDUSTRY -- A 47-year-old homeless man was killed Saturday morning when he was hit by a freight train.
The man, whose identity was not released, was walking across the tracks at 7:45 a.m. at Valley Boulevard and Gilman Road when he was struck by the train, sheriff's and coroner's officials said.
Sheriff's officials said he was walking with his twin brother, who was not hurt. The death appeared to be accidental.
http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,207~12026~2979462,00.html