PDA

View Full Version : Best Western In Havi...Never Again!

payloan
07-26-2005, 10:32 AM
This place was down right nasty! Bugs in the bed, my nephew and his chick went home early because he broke out after being bit what looked like about 15 times after just laying back on the bed and watching a little T.V. for about 5 min. It was standing room only in that place. My better half goes to take a shower and theres hair on a couple of the towels and in the shower she's just disgusted and acts like it was my freakin hair.. funny how that works, air is blowing luke warm at full blast. So anyways we call up to the front desk and make a stink and switch rooms, air is cold o.k. cool.... look up and theres 4 crickets rather large on the cieling and above the head board start chasing them around the room before the better half walks in and thinks I brought from home or something. Finally checked out and was charged a half day and stayed at the Ramada. Much better!

RJ Nordic
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
My future son in law and my daughter were booked in there last Friday-Sun. They checked in and couldn't believe the ghetto conditions. :angry2: They called me and we set them up at the Island Suites on Lake Havasu Ave where my wife and I stay. Believe it or not they are run by the same folks. Suites just charge 68 a night. Just had them transfer the reservations to the suites and everything went ok. :D My daughter freaked too with the crickets. :hammer2: They too had no air. :2purples:

HALLETT BOY
07-26-2005, 11:21 AM
Stayed at the Super 8 last weekend, what a pig-sty...smelled bad, ac was noisy...never again.let's keep this thread going and let people know what Hotels are good and bad. Add prices too...

payloan
07-26-2005, 11:50 AM
Best Western was $100.00 total a night. Stayed at the Ramada for the same price and they did not even compare. Forgot to add that the pool was horrible too. I would have never even let my kids put there feet in that damn thing.

HALLETT BOY
07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
we are staying at The Island Inn the weekend of August 5th, I've been there before and It's pretty nice...boat parking is nice and secure...The Hampton Inn is nice too, but I get a little nervous with their boat parking

El Toro-BGA
07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Stayed at the Ramada for approx. $85 a night. First time staying there because the Island Inn was booked. Wasn't bad except for Thursday night had to get the air conditioner replaced. Maintainence replaced it quick, but by the time the room cooled back down it was 2 in the morning and couldn't sleep. Ended up giving me a voucher for a free night in the future.

Deano
07-26-2005, 12:34 PM
anyone ever stay in the executive suite at the Nautical Inn? Im going in a couple weeks and need to know if its worth it. Do they have two bedrooms?

H20 Party Starter
07-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Next time, make reservations here!!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86256

Deano
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM
that is a good deal. Id be all over it (and may in the future) if my company wasnt all high society..

uncle larry
07-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Good Places to Stay
Ramanda as some have found out....
Hampton Inn - formerly Holiday.. ask for regatta special
928-855-4071 north on london bridge road.. mile from bridge
Queens Bay Resort - Condo's right next to the London Bridge Resort...
866-821-3636 ask for regatta special.. plus fourth nite free when you stay 3.. www.lakehavasuresorts.com
The Havasu Inn.. not fancy but workable... on McCulloch next to Safeway..
928) 855-7841 www.thehavasuinn.com
and finally
Havasu Palms Resort Condos - Hard to find. but recently completely redone...
www.hiddenpalms.com ( 800) 254-5611
And if you ever stay at one of these let them know it was
Uncle Larry @ Jokers Wild Promotions who told you about them
Enjoy