PDA

View Full Version : island project

38cig
07-26-2005, 06:19 PM
:idea: whats up with the runways (airport) on the island, part of the new plan?????????????????what are they not telling us :confused:http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=13&Z=11&X=464&Y=2384&W=1

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
:idea: whats up with the runways (airport) on the island, part of the new plan?????????????????what are they not telling us :confused:http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=13&Z=11&X=464&Y=2384&W=1
nope nothing going on that picture is 9yrs 2months old
however their could be 150 new homes on the island real soon

98 Vector 21
07-26-2005, 06:32 PM
nope nothing going on that picture is 9yrs 2months old
however their could be 150 new homes on the island real soon
150 homes? any more info?

OGShocker
07-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Thank you very much! Now everybody knows. Cat's out of the bag now people, we might as well come clean. :notam:

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Thank you very much! Now everybody knows. Cat's out of the bag now people, we might as well come clean. :notam:
well what do you expect, I know everybody in town, and it ain't like it's a secret

Ziggy
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Along with a possible marina, lux hotel, shops, condos and those homes.....approved originally back in 1994 :rolleyes: :yuk: :burningm:
Some things should just be left alone :(

38cig
07-26-2005, 07:58 PM
wow, quick to defend. just never heard about the airport community, so it is for the very well to do and not the public. no wonder all the bitterness from the common folk. :cry:

Ziggy
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
wow, quick to defend. just never heard about the airport community, so it is for the very well to do and not the public. no wonder all the bitterness from the common folk. :cry:
You and I have talked about the project on RRL haven't we? :idea: We the little people :D :D :D
The airport/runway was an original that McCullough put in to bring in prospective land buyers during the city's inception. Abandoned when they built the new airport at the north end of town.

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
You and I have talked about the project on RRL haven't we? :idea: We the little people :D :D :D
The airport/runway was an original that McCullough put in to bring in prospective land buyers during the city's inception. Abandoned when they built the new airport at the north end of town.
and some way some how I am gona turn it into a drag strip, not like I haven't snuk out there already :D

38cig
07-26-2005, 08:33 PM
yes ziggy we have and with good hearted, well spoken, well understood, and understanding folks. never heard about the airport, and as far as abandoned, is it still zoned for that or has it been taken from the faa lists or is it just not used? its hard to change an airports status to something else, so is it in the plans for the community or is it just unused flat land?????????something to think about, airport communities are going up all over the u.s.a. i'v looked into them, i would love to retire to one sooner than later :sleeping:

38cig
07-26-2005, 08:36 PM
summitkarl, now that would be someting, love to see a community project like that, fun for all who love speed (everyone i know), that also brings in some $$$ for the city. not the $$$ homes would but wtf :idea:

Kachina26
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
The airport goes back to the 50's doesn't it? I thought it was an old army installation.

38cig
07-26-2005, 08:43 PM
old army install.?, even harder to turn into land for home use. hope its done right......

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 08:49 PM
The airport goes back to the 50's doesn't it? I thought it was an old army installation.
we have a winner!!!!Ken is correct, it was a refueling point for "corsairs" coming from the factory, rumor has it there is still a F4U at the bottom of the lake (urban ledgend) I think

Kachina26
07-26-2005, 08:51 PM
we have a winner!!!!Ken is correct, it was a refueling point for "corsairs" coming from the factory, rumor has it there is still a F4U at the bottom of the lake (urban ledgend) I think
Who the hell is Ken?
Kachina Ken = Ken
Kachina26 = Randy
:D:D:D:D
I believe the local dive maps show some sort of plane on the bottom.

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
summitkarl, now that would be someting, love to see a community project like that, fun for all who love speed (everyone i know), that also brings in some $$$ for the city. not the $$$ homes would but wtf :idea:
well you think we got boat noise problems now, let loose 5khp of nitro and old ladies will 911 LE to death.
I am president of a hot rod club and work closely with the city on a daily bassis, it's not getting permission thats the problem, it's the insurance

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Who the hell is Ken?
Kachina Ken = Ken
Kachina26 = Randy
:D:D:D:D
I believe the local dive maps show some sort of plane on the bottom.
:redface: isn't Ken the one with the boat that just like yours that they only made one of :D

38cig
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
hahaha

Steamin' Rice
07-26-2005, 09:10 PM
I remember when they used to fly planes in and out of that runway.. :boxed:

Kachina26
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
:redface: isn't Ken the one with the boat that just like yours that they only made one of :D
Naw, that guy is still a lurker. I'm sure he'll come on some day. No two boats alike :rolleyes:

38cig
07-26-2005, 09:14 PM
steamin your old dude :eek:

38cig
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
steamin, what you floatin in???? besides salt water :idea:

wildbillg
07-26-2005, 09:20 PM
during World War II some were temporarily closed when the area was used for military test flights. On the peninsula, which is now the island that is connected to the rest of Lake Havasu City, by the London Bridge, a rest and recreation site was created for the military. There, primitive barracks were built near the airstrip (site 6), to house the weary servicemen that were flown in from Los Angeles.
When McCulloch first discovered Lake Havasu, the military had already abandoned the area.
:hammerhea
In case you REALLY dont know what this place started out as..... :hammerhea
Some time when your here go out to site 6 and READ the placque out there...

Racer277
07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
I remember when they used to fly planes in and out of that runway.. :boxed:
I remember this, and a race shop was there also, Spencer Low?