PDA

View Full Version : Props to Transonic for my stereo !

CJ
07-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Had Mike Pong at Transonic in Montclair install a kick-ass stereo in my boat in December and never was quite happy with it. Shut down a lot, blew all my tweeters. Didn't seem to go right.
I brought the boat back to them once and the bass was fixed but the clipping did not subside.
Car Toyz of Havasu gave me a second opinion and suggested $2,600 worth of work to replace eight speakers, add another fan to the amps and suggested to swap out my two Interstate 6v golf cart batteries for one Stinger 1700.
I was ready to pay it, but called Transonic. Mike researched the Stinger batteries and called me back to suggest that the 6v batteries he had installed may have been the wrong solution. He suggests that he come out to Havasu with an installer, swap the batteries with two Stinger 2150's and replace all of the blown speakers for free. How could I turn that down.
Danny at Car Toyz, even after taking apart some of my boat to assess my system, wouldn't take a dime from me so I have to give them props.
Mike came out, worked on my boat in my garage and didn't charge me a dime. How is that for above and beyond!!! I can't say enough about Mike and his company, Transonic. I went to dinner with him, his brother and his installer and the are all quality people . . . and not just because the did what they did.
My stereo is amazing now. And I am a loyal Transonic customer.

Outnumbered
07-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Had Mike Pong at Transonic in Montclair install a kick-ass stereo in my boat in December and never was quite happy with it. Shut down a lot, blew all my tweeters. Didn't seem to go right.
I brought the boat back to them once and the bass was fixed but the clipping did not subside.
Car Toyz of Havasu gave me a second opinion and suggested $2,600 worth of work to replace eight speakers, add another fan to the amps and suggested to swap out my two Interstate 6v golf cart batteries for one Stinger 1700.
I was ready to pay it, but called Transonic. Mike researched the Stinger batteries and called me back to suggest that the 6v batteries he had installed may have been the wrong solution. He suggests that he come out to Havasu with an installer, swap the batteries with two Stinger 2150's and replace all of the blown speakers for free. How could I turn that down.
Danny at Car Toyz, even after taking apart some of my boat to assess my system, wouldn't take a dime from me so I have to give them props.
Mike came out, worked on my boat in my garage and didn't charge me a dime. How is that for above and beyond!!! I can't say enough about Mike and his company, Transonic. I went to dinner with him, his brother and his installer and the are all quality people . . . and not just because the did what they did.
My stereo is amazing now. And I am a loyal Transonic customer.
These guys have been around for a long time and as far as I know have always done killer work. I used to use them for all my stuff in the early 90s when I lived in Diamond Bar. They had a shop in Walnut and I was always pleased with their service and quality. It sux that they did not get it right the first time but the service speaks for it self. I don't know of many companies that would drive all the way to Havi from Socal and take care of a customer like that. Glad to hear it all worked out for you.

h2oski2fast
07-26-2005, 11:26 PM
I was ready to pay it, but called Transonic. Mike researched the Stinger batteries and called me back to suggest that the 6v batteries he had installed may have been the wrong solution. He suggests that he come out to Havasu with an installer, swap the batteries with two Stinger 2150's and replace all of the blown speakers for free.
Cool, but that statement is gonna open a can of worms. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
07-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Cool, but that statement is gonna open a can of worms. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Fore!
:rolleyes:

Red Horse
07-27-2005, 04:10 AM
BUT they did make it right. That speaks volumes

CJ
07-27-2005, 08:05 AM
I guess I should elaborate. They put in two 6v golf cart batteries that has worked for them for years. They have many customers that have sworn by the setup. It didn't work for me for some reason. We have figured out that it was probabaly a charging problem. I had a Xtreme charger (not installed by Transonic) that was supposed to be doing the job and wasn't.
They made the call and believe they have found a better solution. Anyone that can admit to being able to improve is good in my book. Everyone makes mistakes no matter how experienced. These guys stood behind their product 150% in my opinion!!!
Kill that can o' worms! :)

1stepcloser
07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Why? Everybody knows that 6v batteries are a better choice than 12v batteries when it comes to aqua-audio. :supp:

ROZ
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Who exactly is everybody?
You mean you didn't get the memo? ;) :D
1step is just trying to keep the can-o-worms open...lol :D

phuggit
07-27-2005, 09:55 AM
They are a great company to deal with. Their home entertainment systems are bad ass too.

Havasu Hangin'
07-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Why? Everybody knows that 6v batteries are a better choice than 12v batteries when it comes to aqua-audio. :supp:
That's a triple bogey, there mister.
:hammer2: