PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Diving?

GOTLDH
07-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Has any one done any diving at havasu? is there anything worth seeing ( underwater i mean ;) ) out their.

Raskal
07-27-2005, 06:09 PM
i bet you can get lots of sunglass's from the bottom of copper canyon :jawdrop:

Craig
07-27-2005, 06:22 PM
I've read there's actually a few things to see. Right off the island is a couple of crashed WWII planes. There was something further upstream kind of like a deep drift dive, also a submerged ghost town. Do a goggle search for diving Havasu, look for Havasu area dive shops, there is a few, that's how I found it.
Craig

GOTLDH
07-27-2005, 06:45 PM
ya im sure there is alot of that down there. I'll be sure and bring it up, keep the lake clean, you know.

Racer277
07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Ask J540 he dives there and finds all kinds of stuff.... :rollside:

HocusPocus
07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
i have head of people diving in the copper canyon and other hot spot areas after a big weekend. i also hear that it can be hazardous to your health with various boats coming and going.

meaniam
07-27-2005, 09:56 PM
here is the link that is mentioned above. man i thank im going to take the course. as i want to dive in hawaii nov 06. the river seems like it would be cool. and id like to dive lk arrowhead. see the old town, the train. and whatever else i forgot. i also heard lk gregory before they flooded it was a drive in theater. if that is true or not i dont know

Rod-64
07-28-2005, 02:49 AM
There is an excellent article about a dive company in Havi that does salvage work....It's in the Havasu guide in the free mag rack outside Quizno's near In & Out.
I think the company was J & J salvage. They have so much jewlery their wives make out great. They do try to return anything with markings.
For 50 bucks an hour they will look for your stuff too.........like the guy who dived in the lake with 7 grand in 100's and the lady with a very expensive ruby ring.

rivergoer
07-28-2005, 05:13 AM
that would be cool to go and see all that stuff.. :D

2Driver
07-28-2005, 06:49 AM
THis site is pretty useful http://www.citlink.net/~bwana/havasu.htm
I haven't bought sungalsses in years :cool:
Check out the comments on the copper canyon and devels elbow dives...A friend at the gym in Havi used to work the family salvage business and talked of the deep vortex holes that held treasure of small boats, jet skiis etc... He came across an addictor mini boat in a vortex hole off sundance on the parker strip.
wild stuff

SoCalOffshore
07-28-2005, 07:01 AM
diving in the river would not be advised as the current would be to strong. i have always thought of diving copper canyon and such. one would need to be very carefull of the boat traffic. i have just started my dive master training this month and am heading to the keys for some wreck diving mid august.

NOTALENT
07-28-2005, 07:22 AM
wow..theres alot of cool dive sites...that sunken city would be extremely sweet to see...and exploring the mine shaft would be sweet as well.

PalapaHead
07-28-2005, 07:57 AM
S'up foooo's.......I have heard of an entire town buried under water in Lake Mead. It got flooded when they completed the Hoover Dam. Those kinda dives are interesting. Have yet to do one though. Yea - I wouldnt even attempt a drift dive. Those could be, ummm, bad. Also, those vortex's you hear about. Very mysterious and not advised. The story goes...one time, a long, long time ago, a young chap attempted to dive one. Well, ole boy got caught up in one his dive buddy never saw him again. Sucked him in like a BLACK HOLE :skull: Many years later....they found him in a septic tank, still had all his gear on, too. Had all kinds of ancient writings all over his body. This story stirred a plethora of controversy. Some of the old town folk, said these vortex's are some type of Stargate. :lightsabe Others, argued this fact as Hogwash :argue: , saying that the 'Believers' had been out in the sun too long, and had nothing better to do with their time. So BEWARE! :crossx:

NOTALENT
07-28-2005, 08:09 AM
S'up foooo's.......I have heard of an entire town buried under water in Lake Mead. It got flooded when they completed the Hoover Dam. Those kinda dives are interesting. Have yet to do one though. Yea - I wouldnt even attempt a drift dive. Those could be, ummm, bad. Also, those vortex's you hear about. Very mysterious and not advised. The story goes...one time, a long, long time ago, a young chap attempted to dive one. Well, ole boy got caught up in one his dive buddy never saw him again. Sucked him in like a BLACK HOLE :skull: Many years later....they found him in a septic tank, still had all his gear on, too. Had all kinds of ancient writings all over his body. This story stirred a plethora of controversy. Some of the old town folk, said these vortex's are some type of Stargate. :lightsabe Others, argued this fact as Hogwash :argue: , saying that the 'Believers' had been out in the sun too long, and had nothing better to do with their time. So BEWARE! :crossx:
the hoover damn would be sweet..but I hear they got some catfish there bigger than us!!! :2purples:

riverracerx
07-28-2005, 08:37 AM
I would love to see some photos of the ghost town, but I am never going down there. Gives me the creeps.

PalapaHead
07-28-2005, 08:43 AM
You aint kiddin.....LOOK!!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11650catfish1.jpg

NOTALENT
07-28-2005, 08:50 AM
You aint kiddin.....LOOK!!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/11650catfish1.jpg
yup..shit with those guys down there...I will stay up here... :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
There is an excellent article about a dive company in Havi that does salvage work....It's in the Havasu guide in the free mag rack outside Quizno's near In & Out.
I think the company was J & J salvage. They have so much jewlery their wives make out great. They do try to return anything with markings.
For 50 bucks an hour they will look for your stuff too.........like the guy who dived in the lake with 7 grand in 100's and the lady with a very expensive ruby ring.
Those two guys area great peeps!

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Havasu Dive Sites (http://www.havasunews.com/otw2005/014.htm)