PDA

View Full Version : so ..last night ----

lucky
07-28-2005, 06:13 AM
i bail out of work to go to my dentist appointment 1 I leave at 3p.m for a 320 app. get there at 325- ( ohhh cool - i'm on time ) Not -- she says your appointment wasssssss at 310- pm you can wait a half hour - ( getting a cleaning ) sooooo It's around a hundred and its only 330-p.m I reschuduel my appointment -- grab my 11 year old daughter -- hook up the boat and head to the lake - :D we are on the water at 430- and she held the boat - like a trooper -- wife does'nt want to meet us out there -- call the step daughter -- she and her boy friend will be out at 530 p.m ok - so we fire up the boat and this will have been the 7th time it has been out since new engine ( 78 howard v drive cruiser with a baby blower ) the boat once agian just sounds solid except the starter has kicked out twice since it went out the seven times ? -- so any ways -- my daughter and i idle out of the no wake zone - 1st gear - just the wine of the blower and gear drive mufflers just took all the other noises away so thats all you hear - sweet 1 so toward the end of the zone i pop her into second gear and prepare for take off -- wind her up plane her out lift the plates bang third gear - smooth water , no one on the lake - cruise the dam and the upper end of the lake -- I have only been cruising this boat as i- want to enjoy it all summer this year -- ( for those that know me - I have had the boat 4 years and rebuilt almost everthing ) so i'm really enjoying my self - we go to our favorite cove - wind down the boat and set anchor - me and niki swim and got our tunes going - and we're talking - the phone rings - step daughter's boy friend doen't want to come - so they're not comming :( lol -- so i grab my cell and call some other friends - no reception ( poor ) -- bring bring Jace ? your and Amy want to come out for a float -- chris is that you - i can't hear ya -- ( me **** ) Jaacee can ya hear me .. Jace ??? well it's 6p.m now i say screw it - so we swim some more -- Hey niki lets go cruize the rest of the lake and then we will head home -- alright -- so i pull the anchor and go to start -- ahhhhh metal on metal -- ( me what the hell ?) thinking poor battery conection - nope -- well i'll just roll the motor manully -- niki hand me the screw driver out of my tool cooler ( yes tool coooler ) lol -- dad -- there is no cooler -- what ???? Ohhh shit i cleaned the boat last saturday and it's sitting in my shop-- what do we have -- ( a 12" cresent wrench ( prop ) and a 9/16ths well i screw around trying to roll the engine over and finialy am able to fit my gorrilla hands under the tranny and catch a torqe plate bolt and roll about a quarter turn -- hit the key same thing -- ( did i sheer the drive pin ??? wtf -- so i make sure connections on silonid are tight -- yep -- what the **** -- is jingling down there ??? ohhhh nice nose cone offthe starte - well shit looks like a tow job - hey where's my paddle --- crap( cleaned boat - shop ) -- niki says good job dad - which makes me smile as she is my lil smart ass ! well if we get out of the cove we can hitch a ride -- so waves are coming into cove and it ain't moving -- well we finialy get to the end of the cove - and a boat goes by aroud 150 yards - niki and my self are on the bow - she's flaggin and i have the air horn ( these focker saw us but keep going ) so around a half hour late we finially secure a tow -- well niki and i start talking about getting towed in -- as i have gotten really teased with this boat - as it has happened a lot ( rebuilt alot of shit ) so my daughter says -- dad - we ought not tell mo (Wife ) or anyone else as you have been getting teased a lot - I said yea but i tease -so it's its alright - i can handle it -- any ways -- she My 11 year old finially convinces me i should just forget about telling any one -- so now we have a pact- I guess me and my daughter have a secret ... lol -- we get home and sit down and the mo says honey the electric fan blew up -- I looked at my daughter and said - dam electrical motors are going out all over the place -- she started smiling and ran to her room -- and that was my night ... :D :coffeycup

Keithb87
07-28-2005, 06:34 AM
At least you are able to laugh at your misfourtune (sp).. I've been there, floating ... need a tow.. :mad: everyone just passes you by. Hell some even wave. That sucks

rivergoer
07-28-2005, 06:43 AM
hey at least you got to go out and boat after work with the daughter..not to bad.. :D

Nate56
07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
Aslong as you can still smile about it at the end of the day.. Right..

CandyA$$
07-28-2005, 07:14 AM
Aslong as you can still smile about it at the end of the day.. Right..
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_12v.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZN')

H20skier
07-28-2005, 07:50 AM
At least you are able to laugh at your misfourtune (sp).. I've been there, floating ... need a tow.. :mad: everyone just passes you by. Hell some even wave. That sucks
What he said.

phebus
07-28-2005, 09:21 AM
That bond you have with your daughter is priceless. You've got to love it. :D

jdf
07-28-2005, 09:23 AM
time like that is priceless

lucky
07-28-2005, 09:33 AM
time like that is priceless
i concor'