PDA

View Full Version : What the Hel! is it with...

Jinga
07-29-2005, 06:03 AM
this damn CIVIC HOLIDAY!!! You fellow Canadians will know what I'm talking about. And for those who don't, sit back and enjoy your morning coffee while I tell you about this Damn holiday......
Civic Holiday in Canada. The intent of the Civic Holiday is to "not work". In Canada Civic Holiday is in most cases the first Monday of August unless another civil or provincial holiday exists on a different date, in which case the local holiday is used.
Civic Holiday in Canada is not statutory holiday. A bill has been attempted to be passed in the house of commons but it has always been unsuccessful. If an employer wants you to work, it is a work day.
What you will often find, however, is that its name Civic Holiday changes from province to province, and even amongst different regions within provinces in Canada. This tells us that Civic Holiday is not as important as some other holidays, but still it is celebrated as a statutory Canadian holiday.
Unlike in Canada, Civic Holiday in United States (US) is called Labor Day.
So my question is this....Why tease me with this holiday...either make it a statutory holiday or not one at all! The few of you Canadians that have bosses that will allow them to have this holiday off....Screw You!!! I don't get it off! The strange part is, we already have a statutory holiday that is geared for the working men and women of this country....it's called LABOUR DAY!!!! :mad:
:cry: Sorry...just a little upset since I'm stuck working. Just blowing steam. :wink:

rivergoer
07-29-2005, 06:10 AM
its ok dude... i dont get any hollidays off over here in japan...because they7 are a bunh of shyster fu(k heads that run the life out of people here in this command and element and really dont give two flying fu(ks about anyone or anything....well have a nice day ill stop rambling...

Jinga
07-29-2005, 06:17 AM
its ok dude... i dont get any hollidays off over here in japan...because they7 are a bunh of shyster fu(k heads that run the life out of people here in this command and element and really dont give two flying fu(ks about anyone or anything....well have a nice day ill stop rambling...
I'm not sure if you call everyone a dude or not but just letting you know that I am 100% women.
I guess I'm jelouse of all those others that get this upcoming Monday off. :mad:

hoolign
07-29-2005, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure if you call everyone a dude or not but just letting you know that I am 100% women.
I guess I'm jelouse of all those others that get this upcoming Monday off. :mad:
That makes me much more comfortable when i say "show me your tits"
:D :D

Big Warlock
07-29-2005, 07:05 AM
You HAVE to work!!! The rest of your fellow Canadians are on Hot Boat posting all day!!! Jeeeeesh, get back to work!!!! :hammerhea LOL

Jinga
07-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Don't tell me you guys have Monday off!!! :devil: :devil:

rivergoer
07-29-2005, 07:16 AM
oh sorry didnt mean anything by it...please forgive me :rollside: