PDA

View Full Version : New interior questions

mondorally
07-29-2005, 06:57 AM
I'm about to start gathering quotes for a new interior my 22' Schiada Daycruiser.
It will be a completely new interior (wood & everything) - bucket front seats, rear bench, engine hatch, carpet.
So my questions are:
1. What price range should I be expecting?
2. What time frame from start to finish is reasonable?
Any fresh recommendations (I've searched previous posts), good or bad, are appreciated. I'm in OC.
Thanks,
Justin

truksnboats
07-29-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm in the same situation and would like to know as well.

Riverkid
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
First question is: Can you wait until the off season (winter)? You will get a better price if you aren't trying to squeeze a custom job into someone's production schedule. All the new boat OEM's can't build em fast enough so anyone doing work for an OEM is also real busy. I have done this work in the past for a big shop. Don't be surprised if you receive quotes in the $4500+ range (depending on how nice a job you want). Whenever we did a Schiada, I knew what we had and what the boat could do, so we overbuilt everything. More glass, thicker denser foam, you name it. Even used some better wood in some of the new one's we did for Lee. Through bolted everything with all SS fasteners. The Schiada style wood hatches took 4 times the amount of time to build over a more production version. If you want a good shop with nice work, you can call Designer ($$$) or Land & Sea down in Santa Ana (off Warner and Harbor). I had a Hallet done over at L&S and was impressed with their fit and stitch quality.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-29-2005, 07:48 AM
We paid 4 grand a few years ago. They matched the colors perfect and ours are not everday colors. That included a whole new bimini with frame.
http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/angNboat.JPG

Riverkid
07-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh, and time frame? Minimum two weeks for everything to come together right. More if you go real hi quality.

Jinga
07-29-2005, 08:16 AM
I would say around $6000 and thats if your lucky!

mondorally
07-29-2005, 08:23 AM
I would say around $6000 and thats if your lucky!
Is that 6000 canadian?

roostwear
07-29-2005, 08:32 AM
A1 Marine did the Circus boat a couple years ago. They're in Anaheim, and did a great job. 18' open bow with new wood, carpet and upholstery for $3k.

Jinga
07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Is that 6000 canadian?
Nope. American! :cool: