PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Storm

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 04:51 PM
OMG, just when the day/night looks good, a freakin` wind storm moves in. Feels like 40mph at least. The trees are staring to bend... :eek:
Will rain follow, I doubt it.. :umm:
Sure puts a kink in my plans tonight. :mad:

Essex29
07-31-2005, 05:17 PM
How about some pics?

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 05:27 PM
How about some pics?
When I figure it out. Until then, I know there's at least one on this site somewhere, 'think I was on a boat at the time".. :devil:

upsman105
07-31-2005, 05:40 PM
It is pooring rain, I just barely got the oil in my boat, and started for leaks
before it started pouring, I guess I won't be able to mow the lawn...oh well.

2Driver
07-31-2005, 05:52 PM
Here are some storm pics I took at sunset a couple days ago.. It's been a good monsoon year...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2789DCP_0057-med.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2789DCP_0059-med.JPG

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 05:54 PM
It is pooring rain, I just barely got the oil in my boat, and started for leaks
before it started pouring, I guess I won't be able to mow the lawn...oh well.
You have a lawn?? :supp:

upsman105
07-31-2005, 06:06 PM
Doesn't everybody??

hondajoey
07-31-2005, 06:09 PM
it was pouring like an mf er out here in surprize AZ

upsman105
07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
still going pretty well.

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 06:11 PM
it was pouring like an mf er out here in surprize AZ
glad I'm in Phoenix....
No wind or rain yet...It's a scary silence now.... :crossx:

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
Doesn't everybody??
Not one I have to mow.... :D

'78 gt boat
07-31-2005, 06:54 PM
tell ya what, my house is in surprise but I work in san jose ca. the weather is great here right now. You can go to intellicast.com to see the local radar there if intereste. The storms just roll in out there out of no where.

azgfboatgirl
07-31-2005, 07:23 PM
tell ya what, my house is in surprise but I work in san jose ca. the weather is great here right now. You can go to intellicast.com to see the local radar there if intereste. The storms just roll in out there out of no where.
yep, think this one has rolled out.... :cool:
no kinks now, back to the plan..... :D

Big Warlock
07-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Pretty good storm up there. Lost my Hydraulic steering right as I got to the four lane. Some guy with a SeaDoo boat towed me in!!! Man I owe him and my buddies on the boat for helping me out in the wind and waves!! That was nasty. Couldn't have been a worse time for the steering to go!!!! :hammerhea
But I am in. Everything wrked out. One of my mechanics will meet up with me in the morning to check out the hydraulic system. I found a loose fitting. Not sure if I have contamination or not. But shouldn't be a big deal. I hope.
:2purples:

azgfboatgirl
08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
okay, this is just not fair...seems like everyone around me got rain. :frown:
I guess that must mean I'm to far in the city. :cry:

Jordy
08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah, we were out on Pleasant when the storm hit. Headed towards the 10 lane and saw what was going on there and said hell with it. I had both sponsons under water a couple times and water coming over the dash even. It wasn't that bad on the roughest day we were on the ocean. Saw 3 boats on the rocks between the dam and the 10 lane and one was sunk on the dock. Not a good time to be on the water in a small boat. :frown:

AzLakeLizard
08-01-2005, 09:32 AM
No rain here yet.. waiting waiting.. the clouds are out there.. just need to reach up and "ring" them out!...
Oh and I mowed our lawn on friday.. so it is relax time here. :D

Chico&Zeus
08-01-2005, 10:30 AM
We were at Pleasant yesterday and it was hell getting out at the 10 lane, I wish I would have brought my camera, there was a nice boat..."NEVER ENOUGH", I don't remember what brand but he's out there all the time. Anyway, it was crashed up onto the ramp and tipping over filling up with water, there was a small boat on the other side of the dock flipped all the way over! Everyone was having trouble getting out, I just gunned it and rode the surf onto the trailer! I feel sorry for anyone that damaged their boat yesterday, post pics if anyone got em! Next time, I'll wait it out at Humbug with all the pontoons!!!

Thunder Struck
08-01-2005, 11:21 AM
We were there when the storm hit. Had a couple of waves come over the front of our 38'

azgfboatgirl
08-01-2005, 05:23 PM
I finally got my Phx rain!! :cool:
24 hours later and it's pouring like a mofo..... :2purples:
Bout` friggin time......

Tequila-John
08-01-2005, 05:28 PM
yeah the wind over here in Gilbert is nasty

2Driver
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
were are getting dumped on up here :rollside:

azgfboatgirl
08-01-2005, 05:54 PM
were are getting dumped on up here :rollside:
Don't worry, it's a 30 minute rain..... :D

Big Warlock
08-02-2005, 07:23 AM
If you have a boat b*tch, you can train him or her to just circle offshore. Worse, use the anchor and let out plenty of line and let it offshore. I take a key to the the truck and swim in. I get the trailer in only where the boards are just under water. Then swim back out to the boat and drive the boat from the upwind side right onto the trailer. I gauge my speed to compensate for drift.
That ten lane takes a huge brunt of waves and wind. I like the four lane. But that is just me.
I also appreciate my friends watching after other boaters and making sure we all get in ok. Everytime you help one boater out, it only comes back to help you the day you need it. And one day you will need assistance.
Rob :cool:

Mike.A
08-02-2005, 07:37 AM
That was nuts on Sat. We were towing our freinds in from the eagle preserve area all the way back to the 4 lane. We then headed to the 10 lane just as the storm hit. Saw that boat on the ramp and the upside down one next to the dock. That sucks. But it didnt look like anybody was doing anything about it. I asked a couple of people if they needed help but nobody knew who's boats they were. As I posted on the other thread, Its that time of year, either on early and off earlier or head to the ramp next to the dam at the marina where theres some protection. The ranger said there was something like 13 boats sunk or capsized during that storm on Sat.
A special thanks to the lady that gave us a hand when we were loading, good karma back at her. Yes, I said lady, she knew more about how to load a boat in a storm than most guys that I have been to the lake with.

cdog
08-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I've heard that the lake gets pretty blown out, but god damm. Sounds like one of those armagedon storms. Would'nt it be better to just hang out in a cove and wait out the storm, instead of being caught out in the big swells? The cove that I launched at had a little protection from the wide open lake. Good thing I went last weekend.

Sane Asylum
08-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Yeah, we were out on Pleasant when the storm hit. Headed towards the 10 lane and saw what was going on there and said hell with it. I had both sponsons under water a couple times and water coming over the dash even. It wasn't that bad on the roughest day we were on the ocean. Saw 3 boats on the rocks between the dam and the 10 lane and one was sunk on the dock. Not a good time to be on the water in a small boat. :frown:
Jordy.......
Saw you Sat. night at the ramp. We put in about 7:30p and eased over to the Marina to get a slip. We don't care bout no Steeeiinkin storms..... :cool: I could see you didn't either...... :rollside:
Don't know if you noticed the "Never Enough" boat on the ramp with a lot of water coming out......He said it had been draining for about an hour. Don't know how deep it was but the guy told us he could still hold on to the steering wheel and it was dry. Dunno why everyone gets so anxious trying to get out of the storms instead of just easing over to the marina and getting behind the breakwall.
Saw you again Sun. in Humbug but couldn't catch up. We were going to ease over and say Hi but you headed back into the cove.
What's the deal with the 300's??? Can't believe nobody in Phoenix can troubleshoot those......