PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Boats Viper SXT

Essex29
07-31-2005, 07:44 PM
What's up with this hybrid? It's in the current Powerboat and got a pretty good write up. I think it looks awesome.
Article says it shouhld do mid 90's with 625 hp....reliable and no blower to insure.
Does anyone have any info on it? Insurance?

Throttle
08-01-2005, 10:49 AM
What's up with this hybrid? It's in the current Powerboat and got a pretty good write up. I think it looks awesome.
Article says it shouhld do mid 90's with 625 hp....reliable and no blower to insure.
Does anyone have any info on it? Insurance?
More specs at cobraperformanceboats.com
its a badazz boat!

Throttle
08-01-2005, 10:55 AM
http://cobraperformanceboats.com/290_viper/cobra_290_v_top.jpg

FASTERDAMITT
08-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I like it. Rough water may be a concern with the bottom design. I hate slowing down because rough water. Most should relate to that. That's why I went with the best rough water boat out there. I may give up some bling factor to the Viper, but there's enough bling every where you look. I think I may stand out more. :eek:

Essex29
08-01-2005, 12:54 PM
I went and checked it out today and DAMN is it nice!
It was all that I ever wanted in a boat, for now ( I think) :cool:
The rigging was extremely clean....I didn't like a few minor things, but nothing major.
I can't wait to see the one in the mold right now that will be done in 4-6 weeks, it's going to be an open bow/cuddy.
Anyone want to buy an Essex Alandra? :idea:

FASTERDAMITT
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Should be a big speed difference over your Essex.

Nord
08-01-2005, 02:44 PM
Its a Cobra :D :D

funkcity
08-01-2005, 06:35 PM
I like it. Rough water may be a concern with the bottom design. I hate slowing down because rough water. Most should relate to that. That's why I went with the best rough water boat out there. I may give up some bling factor to the Viper, but there's enough bling every where you look. I think I may stand out more. :eek:
I would LOVE for ***boat to do an article comparing your East-Coast-bred Y2K Superboat with that new West-Coast-bred Cobra 290 Viper SXT.
These are both beautiful boats!
They both have very unique bottom technology.
The Cobra with its wide-beam (105")air-entrapment step V and the narrow beam (84")Y2K multi-step V.
Hey Faster, How is the motor install coming??

FASTERDAMITT
08-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Wuz up Funk. I like your idea, but the two boats are designed totally different waters. I think the Viper will be a couple mph faster light loaded, but the air entrapment will lose significent speed when the weight of passengers won't let the hull lift in everyday conditions. As you know a V will lose very little speed when loaded compared to entrapment hulls. So in two foot chop or under it would be a close comparison, but the Superboat races often in six+ foot sea's, need I say more.
I'm waiting for Lightning to finish the headers. I should have them tues or weds. The closed cooling system should be in thurs or fri. So it looks like it will be about seven to ten days before I hit the water. I have a challenge with the dry exhaust with the current noise laws. I will most likely run a muffler insert (4.5") and a clamp on. Or down tubes, under the water line. :smile:

Parker Dreamin
08-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Cobra is the shit.

Essex29
08-02-2005, 07:23 AM
How about some insight on the hull....I am considering an open bow/cuddy and usually have 4-5 people with with me, a couple of them like to sit in the bow area, will this effect the ride?

FASTERDAMITT
08-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Alot more than it does with your V. You don't plan on going over 60 with people up there do you? Not a good idea. Fast boats should not have people flying around in front. Two problems, ejection and driver visability.

JustMVG
08-03-2005, 10:46 AM
I went and checked it out today and DAMN is it nice!
It was all that I ever wanted in a boat, for now ( I think) :cool:
The rigging was extremely clean....I didn't like a few minor things, but nothing major.
I can't wait to see the one in the mold right now that will be done in 4-6 weeks, it's going to be an open bow/cuddy.
Anyone want to buy an Essex Alandra? :idea:
Want to!!! :cry: :cry: