PDA

View Full Version : New Topock, thumbs up.

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2005, 11:36 AM
We went with friends yesterday and even though they still don't have AC it was much better then last time. The wings kick ass and the frozen slime drinks got me all sloppy :)
It would be nice if it could be dredged out a little but it wouldn't last i know but we still got through OK, Robert had a mother****er of a time with the current get docked (single screw). Anyhow, the place is coming up I think.

Mandelon
08-02-2005, 11:55 AM
We ate there a couple weeks ago. As long as you are not in a hurry............................................. the food was good. But the hour wait kinda sucked. Go early or go late, I guess.
Better to dock up around the back than the spaces right out front, way less current and wind to deal with.

Mrs. casean
08-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I really like the changes they made! It's always been our usual stop for breakfast when we're out there... the 4th of July was our first time we ate there since last year! Great improvements!

prosthogod
08-02-2005, 01:06 PM
The new owner is a realy cool guy. We chatted with him for awhile on our last trip. He's out there on the weekends and runs/owns mortuaries (I believe in the high desert) during the week.

shippingguy
08-02-2005, 01:24 PM
We ate there a couple weeks ago. As long as you are not in a hurry............................................. the food was good. But the hour wait kinda sucked. Go early or go late, I guess.
Better to dock up around the back than the spaces right out front, way less current and wind to deal with.
I would have to agree. The food is great like it always has been, but I would have to say the time it takes to get your food is pretty slow and the docks sure seem a little on the small side. No matter what it is a great place.
My thought is who cares your at the river don't sweat the small stuff. Plus the longer it takes the more Bloody Mary's!!

LHC30Victory
08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
The new owner is a realy cool guy. We chatted with him for awhile on our last trip. He's out there on the weekends and runs/owns mortuaries (I believe in the high desert) during the week.
Can you say "special of the week"???? :eek:

Mrs. casean
08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
I would have to agree. The food is great like it always has been, but I would have to say the time it takes to get your food is pretty slow and the docks sure seem a little on the small side. No matter what it is a great place.
My thought is who cares your at the river don't sweat the small stuff. Plus the longer it takes the more Bloody Mary's!!
You got that right... who cares how long! You're on river time... so time doesn't matter :D It's always been our morning stop for Bloody's and screwdrivers!

shippingguy
08-02-2005, 01:43 PM
You got that right... who cares how long! You're on river time... so time doesn't matter :D It's always been our morning stop for Bloody's and screwdrivers!
Same here. We launch at Jack Smith and head straight there and then off to the Zoo.

OutCole'd
08-02-2005, 02:12 PM
I think when we were there they only had one George Foreman grill to do all the cooking.

Mrs. casean
08-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Same here. We launch at Jack Smith and head straight there and then off to the Zoo.
Good Times! Best way to start off the morning!

TeamGreene
08-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I know him he is nice. His name is Chet Hitt from Apple Valley and the cemetery is Sunrise Hills

BALLSDEEP
08-02-2005, 05:47 PM
We were there just this past weekend, I have talked to the owner several times he is a really cool down to earth kinda guy. He has made a bunch of improvements, the food is good but there service is horrible. We decided to go to Topak rather than Maki's for breakfast on Saturday Morning. It took forever to get food once we ordered. I am not one to complain but when we spoke to the morning manager he really didnt have anything to say other than your food is coming. I think by the time we ordered ate, and left it took almost 3 hours.

Toomstone
08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
are we talking about the topock restaurant right by the I-40 bridge?

BALLSDEEP
08-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Yes

Toomstone
08-02-2005, 05:57 PM
We went with friends yesterday and even though they still don't have AC it was much better then last time. The wings kick ass and the frozen slime drinks got me all sloppy :)
It would be nice if it could be dredged out a little but it wouldn't last i know but we still got through OK, Robert had a mother****er of a time with the current get docked (single screw). Anyhow, the place is coming up I think.
then what is he talking about with the current?...i havent noticed a current in there???
Toomstone :crossx:

BALLSDEEP
08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I dont know about a current either, maybe its the occasional wind. But I do agree, its getting shallow at the entrance, it would be nice if they could dredge it up.

INSman
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I tried and end spot with twin screws and still could not pull it off :messedup:

BALLSDEEP
08-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Sometimes its a little tricky. Somtimes its comedy watching from the deck above. Cant tell you how many times you see guys coming into the dock way to hot or sideways and they are screaming at there wifes.

Nord
08-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I would love to launch out of topock because it is near where I keep the boat, but..their launch ramp sucks!!!! I have bent the back end of the trailer 1 too many times there!!!
The back of my trailer drops down where the lights are, and I guess the ramp ends too soon or something because it has happened 3 different times!!

Man-de-lone
08-02-2005, 06:40 PM
The current: I would imagine that as the river level drops the lagoon empties out a bit, flows the other was as the river level rises. The big boats can really blow sideways. Best to go to the left and around the back side of the docks than to use the ones right down in front.

78Southwind
08-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Did Chet buy it?

KACHINA KEN
08-02-2005, 10:44 PM
then what is he talking about with the current?...i havent noticed a current in there???
Toomstone :crossx:
Yup, there is.

dicudmore
08-03-2005, 06:53 AM
Yup, there is.
yup, there sure is...
I've pulled off the end-tie a few times but can't do it without help.
Gotta have a crew member ready to dismount with ropes ready :wink:
I KNOW I've been that entertainment a time or so also :argue:

boxscore
08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Sometimes there's a SERIOUS current running out of the marina. Caught me off guard the other day. Some jackass in a big ass Nordic decided my 3rd attempt at pulling into a slip was too many ... cut me off (trying to be a tough guy) and made an attempt at the slip. He made a mess out of it, bouncing off docks, etc. Yelling at those in his boat. LMAO.... pure Jackass.