PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Inn (First Cabin Club)

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 12:54 PM
We went up to Lake Havasu this last weekend to check out the time shares (First Cabin Club) at the Nautical Inn. We ended up having a great time, however, we found out that First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn are in some kind of legal battle in regards to the on site launch. I had no problems launching at the site because I was staying at the Nautical Inn, however my friend has a time share at the First Cabin Club and was not able to launch but was given a certificate to launch at Crazy Horse.
Has anyone else that has bought a time share at First Cabin Club had any difficulties launching at Nautical Inn? Does anyone know what is going on between the two companies? I was interested in a time share until I heard about the legal battle. If you are an owner at the First Cabin Club what is your impression of the time share?

charlyox
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I looked at those timeshares and it was like 18k to buy one. a little pricey

gmocnik
08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
don't get me started on the nautical inn. the owner, a guy named skinner is a complete and total asswipe and his "harbor master" greg smith is another penis in tennis shoes. i vowed to never spend another dime at that place a few years ago. their policies change like the wind and their response to any and all issues is to call police and remove you from their "property".
anyone ever had anything stolen from their boat while at the nautical??? first place to check is with their "security"....
always check your bar/restraunt/room charges a few days later to catch "erroneous" charges.
there are plenty of other places in havasu to spend your dollars. why support a place that has a complete disrespect for customer service.
rant complete.....

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I looked at those timeshares and it was like 18k to buy one. a little pricey
The price this weekend was $17,000 and some change for a single week, however, for two weeks it was $24,000 and some change. I thought it was kind of high as well but we were looking for two weeks and thought this was not too bad of a deal because we were going to split the cost with a friend of mine. We really liked the amenities there but I didn’t want to have to deal with the legal battle between the two companies.

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
don't get me started on the nautical inn. the owner, a guy named skinner is a complete and total asswipe and his "harbor master" greg smith is another penis in tennis shoes. i vowed to never spend another dime at that place a few years ago. their policies change like the wind and their response to any and all issues is to call police and remove you from their "property".
anyone ever had anything stolen from their boat while at the nautical??? first place to check is with their "security"....
always check your bar/restraunt/room charges a few days later to catch "erroneous" charges.
there are plenty of other places in havasu to spend your dollars. why support a place that has a complete disrespect for customer service.
rant complete.....
Although we had a great time we had some issues as well. We called the Nautical Inn and told them we would be late for check in so they check us in over the phone, however, once we got there they had given away our room to someone else. We ended up with a bay room when we were told we would get a parlor room. The next day after some complaining we did get our parlor room and an extra day stay for free not a perfect weekend but we ended leaving with a smile on our face and some good memories.

2Driver
08-03-2005, 01:32 PM
If of any interest my Aunt (in her 70's and recently widowed) has a floating week (even split-able into a 4 day and a 3 day or rent it out) at the london bridge resort (sunterra)
Her late husband bought it for 18K and they have never set foot in the place. I know she would take 1/2 of what they paid as she is tight on money. Theree is still the week for 05 open. PM me if anyone is interested.

Big Warlock
08-03-2005, 01:44 PM
is when you stay with the Chinese Pervert somewhere on the river (RV) and you hope it doesn't cost you $18K in legal fees!!!!! :D

Big Warlock
08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
I love time shares! I wish I could sell them all day long!!
#18K per unit, per week. That unit is worth $936,000!!!! And I bet they get something like $500 per week in "maintenance" fees. That is a total of $26K per unit, per year!
Any questions why developers love to build and sell timeshares? BIG MARGIN!!!
There is a place on the internet where they deal with time shares. You can usually get one for 1/2 price or better if you really want to go down that road.
Good luck!! :jawdrop:

SummitKarl
08-03-2005, 01:51 PM
The price this weekend was $17,000 and some change for a single week, however, for two weeks it was $24,000 and some change. I thought it was kind of high as well but we were looking for two weeks and thought this was not too bad of a deal because we were going to split the cost with a friend of mine. We really liked the amenities there but I didn’t want to have to deal with the legal battle between the two companies.
17k for a weekend.............we gota talk, thats 3 yrs of house payments out here.........and that makes you money...........if your smart enough to own a southwind (love mine) buy a house your far better off. hell buy a house from warlock25, I am sure she will toss in a year pass at windsor for ya
just my $.02
Karl

BoatPI
08-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Just look at it is this respect.
A 2 br unit at the London Bridge Resort was selling for $12,000. They are E Bay for about $1,900 for a 2 BR and $1,000 for a 1 Bedroom.

Captain Dan
08-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Just look at it is this respect.
A 2 br unit at the London Bridge Resort was selling for $12,000. They are E Bay for about $1,900 for a 2 BR and $1,000 for a 1 Bedroom.
The 2 bedrooms usually end up selling for about $2500 at the end of bidding. I bought a one bedroom for $1200 a few months ago. That's the only way to buy a timeshare - cheap, and at a location that you plan to use.

UltraLucky
08-03-2005, 02:43 PM
We looked at those two weeks ago. stayed in one of the Beach suites & they took $150 off the bill for listening to thier sales pitch. Seemed a bit pricy for what you get. total of 31 units @ 12-to 15k each X 52 weeks = way to much money for a over-crowded beach with people fighting for spots.

Havasu Luvr
08-03-2005, 03:05 PM
is when you stay with the Chinese Pervert somewhere on the river (RV) and you hope it doesn't cost you $18K in legal fees!!!!! :D
Rob, there you go again :argue: just like an Ex Officer running his mouth about a subject he has NO prior knowledge about....just sit back in your CP and let the enlisted men and women handle it..... :D this is how wars get started :D

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
17k for a weekend.............we gota talk, thats 3 yrs of house payments out here.........and that makes you money...........if your smart enough to own a southwind (love mine) buy a house your far better off. hell buy a house from warlock25, I am sure she will toss in a year pass at windsor for ya
just my $.02
Karl
Karl
Thanks for you input however, you miss read me. The price would have been just over ($24,000) $12,000 a piece to have one week a year for the each of us for the rest of our lives. Yes there are maintenance fees of about ($800) $400 for the each of us. I am sure this fee would go up over time just like home owner associations fees rental prices do. I have done the math if every thing is pretty much constant the break even should be around 15 years or so. You don’t have to convince me about time shares trust me I know time shares are not investments and I wasn't looking at it as an investment. I looked at it as an alternative to renting a room at the Nautical Inn ($219-$319 on the weekends) and having a place to use the amenities of the Nautical Inn when I come down from Bullhead for the day. However, I would have only been interested in purchasing if I could use the amenities while I was not using my week similar to day camping. It was told to us at the presentation that you could use the amenities while not using your week. However, this was not true because of the legal battle between the two companies. And that was my main concern and just wanted to know if anyone had some information in regards to the legal issues.

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Sounds like someone had a good time at Moabi. :wink:

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 04:26 PM
We looked at those two weeks ago. stayed in one of the Beach suites & they took $150 off the bill for listening to thier sales pitch. Seemed a bit pricy for what you get. total of 31 units @ 12-to 15k each X 52 weeks = way to much money for a over-crowded beach with people fighting for spots.
The beach wasn't to bad this weekend and what the hell we got 3 nights and 4 days for $49 couldn't complain. They have sold over 700 weeks and at sell out I bet it would be crazy and crowded.

Liquid Courage
08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I have two friends that bought in the Capt. Club time share things. They have had nothing but problems. They stroke you good with the sales pitch but wont finish the job off when it's time to come through. I'd stear clear of The Nautical Inn if at all possible!

mevale
08-03-2005, 04:59 PM
There are no legal issues because the First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn do not own the launch ramp. The gulf curse does and they are own by a different party.

SummitKarl
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Karl
Thanks for you input however, you miss read me. The price would have been just over ($24,000) $12,000 a piece to have one week a year for the each of us for the rest of our lives. Yes there are maintenance fees of about ($800) $400 for the each of us. I am sure this fee would go up over time just like home owner associations fees rental prices do. I have done the math if every thing is pretty much constant the break even should be around 15 years or so. You don’t have to convince me about time shares trust me I know time shares are not investments and I wasn't looking at it as an investment. I looked at it as an alternative to renting a room at the Nautical Inn ($219-$319 on the weekends) and having a place to use the amenities of the Nautical Inn when I come down from Bullhead for the day. However, I would have only been interested in purchasing if I could use the amenities while I was not using my week similar to day camping. It was told to us at the presentation that you could use the amenities while not using your week. However, this was not true because of the legal battle between the two companies. And that was my main concern and just wanted to know if anyone had some information in regards to the legal issues.
Ok I get now, hey were even having problems with the car shows out there, Nautical and queens bay both going for the big score, soooo.... simple we all have moved to windsor 4 for shows, why don't you PM malibuken, hes got a good little DAY trip gig going and I think it's cheap,
there are ways to get around the launching crowds, TRUST ME :wink:

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 05:17 PM
I have two friends that bought in the Capt. Club time share things. They have had nothing but problems. They stroke you good with the sales pitch but wont finish the job off when it's time to come through. I'd stear clear of The Nautical Inn if at all possible!
What is the Capt. Club?

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 05:38 PM
There are no legal issues because the First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn do not own the launch ramp. The gulf curse does and they are own by a different party.
Now we are getting to the bottom of this. So does the golf course rent the launch to the Nautical Inn or what?
This is very strange when I stayed at Nautical Inn they gave me a yellow strap to put around my trailer and boat to allow me to launch at the ramp. However, when my buddy tried to launch they told him as of July 4th the Nautical Inn would not allow any First Cabin Club members to launch. First Cabin Club told my buddy due to this the First Cabin Club was suing Nautical Inn for breach of contract. However, they did give him a voucher to launch at Crazy Horse.
What was really strange is when I talk to an employee at the visitor center they told me that they thought the same person owned both the Nautical Inn and First Cabin Club.
It smells like BS and I think I hear stroking sounds in the near distance.

Beer-30
08-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Well, I dunno about any of that launch crap. I was supposed to go for the $49 deal on Sunday, the 17th (July) through 20th. Ended up in the hospital the morning of the 17th; shooting projectiles out both ends.
Had the boat and peeps loaded, ice chests iced, whole shebang. Put the dually in drive. Put it in park. Stepped out and threw up in the gutter. Ended up with an I-V in my arm for the next 5 hours. Better here than there, I guess.
Anyway, we will be re-scheduling with First CABIN (not Captain) Club. They were very understanding.
Southwind, did you get the free cruise vouchers?

mevale
08-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes the gulf curse rents to the Nautical Inn. I don’t know much about what’s going on with First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn. The owner of the golf curse use to own the Nautical Inn and he did not want to invest money in the Nautical because it was rundown and that’s when he sold to this guy. This guy has made some offers to buy the gulf curse but his offers fall short $$.

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Well, I dunno about any of that launch crap. I was supposed to go for the $49 deal on Sunday, the 17th (July) through 20th. Ended up in the hospital the morning of the 17th; shooting projectiles out both ends.
Had the boat and peeps loaded, ice chests iced, whole shebang. Put the dually in drive. Put it in park. Stepped out and threw up in the gutter. Ended up with an I-V in my arm for the next 5 hours. Better here than there, I guess.
Anyway, we will be re-scheduling with First CABIN (not Captain) Club. They were very understanding.
Southwind, did you get the free cruise vouchers?
Make sure to ask for your vouchers. It was kind of weird the sales man told us to sign a waiver of benefits which he told us was needed because we weren’t going to buy a time share. I thought this was very odd and told him I wasn’t going to sign anything. My buddy signed his waiver and he didn’t get his voucher. Later that night the sales man brought our voucher to our room. I am thinking that maybe by signing the waiver of benefits you are giving your rights up to the 4 day cruise voucher. I don’t know for sure just a guess. All in all I had a good time but make sure they give you the right room. They gave us a bay room when they had told us we would get a parlor room after some complaining we got our parlor room and another free day.
The funny thing about the voucher for the Four Day Cruise is that the company handling the certificates has an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau. Also, check out this forum of unsatisfied customers.
http://www.carlsbad.ca.us/phorum/read.php?f=2&i=22&t=22

78Southwind
08-03-2005, 08:49 PM
ttt

Big Warlock
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm still not over the fact that you look Chinese!!! ROFL
But I would rather stay with you in the RV camp at Moabi than in a timeshare in Havasu!!!! :rollside:

Beer-30
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Hmmmm.

Dusty Times
08-04-2005, 03:41 AM
I bought one a few years ago
One of the main reasons was for the launch. And now I'm :hammerhea
Don't get me started :mad:

78Southwind
08-04-2005, 07:43 AM
So what is the true story? Is there really a lawsuit or are they just blowing smoke up everyones arss?

Havasu Luvr
08-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm still not over the fact that you look Chinese!!! ROFL
But I would rather stay with you in the RV camp at Moabi than in a timeshare in Havasu!!!! :rollside:
You always got a place to stay in my "Chinese Hut" :) just remember, I feed my guess alot of fishheads and rice :2purples:

UltraLucky
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
I was wondering why the Nautical Inn is accepting the discounts (reduced room rates for attending sales pitch) if the two are in such a heated lawsuit.

78Southwind
08-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I was wondering why the Nautical Inn is accepting the discounts (reduced room rates for attending sales pitch) if the two are in such a heated lawsuit.
My understanding from what the salesman said is that First Cabin Club picks up the difference. But like I said it sounds like someone is blowing smoke.

prozach
08-04-2005, 10:06 AM
So what is the offer they are giving now to attend the sales pitch. I paid $150 for next Fri and Sat nights. Are they offering a better deal now? I have until Fri to cancel.

jackpunx
08-04-2005, 10:22 AM
I talked to FCC last night.. they said the lawyers are sorting it out and that the ramp (that was included in our contract) is going to be usable to us soon.
If your not staying in the hotel you cant launch..(temperarly).. I also talked to them about the inflated bonus night price.. it used to be 50 a night .. now its 65.. they said the the HOA decided that it was best so that our maint fees didnt go up..
I told her that sounded like BS to me.. and I wanted to be on the board.. so.. if any of you are interested call them...
I use the place mostly for the ramp and sometimes for bonus nights..
they also have a new program where if you want to split your week up.. they will find somone to do it with you.. so if you like weekends only.. they will find someone who likes weeks and you cans split them..

Midlife Advantage
08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Karl
My friend (Beer Factor)and I bought at FCC last year, and have used the "bonus time" feature about 5 or 6 times since, including the use of the ramp. we have not stayed there since about Feb I think, so I am curious about this ramp issue. I always simply go there, get the trailer and boat tags as owners and use the ramp, whether or not I'm staying there. If this has changed I am gonna be pissed. Because in addition, its almost impossible to get bonus time rooms on a weekend during June, July or August. they are only $50 bucks a night for owners only, a really great suite with a balcony or sand-front patio, but we can only reserve 14 days in advance and they are booked!

Midlife Advantage
08-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Are you Robert S?
Tim

78Southwind
08-04-2005, 02:18 PM
So what is the offer they are giving now to attend the sales pitch. I paid $150 for next Fri and Sat nights. Are they offering a better deal now? I have until Fri to cancel.
The deal I got was better but it was only available at the LA Boat Show. Our deal was $49 for 3 nights and 4 days and we also received a voucher for a free Four Day Cruise from Los Angels to Catalina then to Ensanada and then back to Los Angles. However, I have done some research on the company handling the distribution of the cruise certificates and they have received an unsatisfactory rating from the Better Business Bureau. I wrote an email to the company but they haven’t responded yet. It looks as if you have to pay for the taxes of the trip and then you have to wait for an opening on the cruise ship.
When I was at Nautical Inn the most recent deal was $49 for 2 nights and 3 days. I don’t know if that is any better than your current deal.
Make sure and call Adelle and check on what type of room you are going to get. We ended up getting a Beach suite and Parlor room.

78Southwind
08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I talked to FCC last night.. they said the lawyers are sorting it out and that the ramp (that was included in our contract) is going to be usable to us soon.
If your not staying in the hotel you cant launch..(temperarly).. I also talked to them about the inflated bonus night price.. it used to be 50 a night .. now its 65.. they said the the HOA decided that it was best so that our maint fees didnt go up..
I told her that sounded like BS to me.. and I wanted to be on the board.. so.. if any of you are interested call them...
I use the place mostly for the ramp and sometimes for bonus nights..
they also have a new program where if you want to split your week up.. they will find somone to do it with you.. so if you like weekends only.. they will find someone who likes weeks and you cans split them..
Thanks Mark
That is pretty much what the salesman told me after we found out the hard way that my buddy who is a member of First Cabin Club couldn't launch his boat.
I can’t imagine what was going through the salesman’s head :hammerhea when my buddy walk in on the sales presentation and told us about the lawsuit. The salesman had just finished telling me 10 minutes earlier that we could launch our boat anytime we wanted to.

78Southwind
08-04-2005, 05:33 PM
ttt

Dusty Times
08-05-2005, 04:16 AM
Are you Robert S?
Tim
No. Not me.
Dustin Lewis
I've been more fired up after reading this thread when that is the only launch in town that I will launch at. And now I'm reading that our bonus night pricing has gone up. What happened to a contract. Or is that one more of their promises that were just verbal. I can only suggest that anyone that considers buying will carry a recorder with them so that they have all of their promises on record.
They also told us that if we didn't use our first week (since it was the end of the year when we bought) that we could use teo weeks the following year. Of course when we tried to do that they laughed. And I agree that bonus nights are impossible to get now.
Until they get the launch problem fixed I guess they have stopped me from going to Havasu. :mad:

UltraLucky
08-05-2005, 06:10 AM
According to thier sales people they are going to start construction/grading on new 2-bed units in the fall. The new units are going (if they actually build them) right where the trailer parking is now. The sales man told me how nice the ramp facilities were at the Marina when I Questioned him regarding the future of the ramp. I do not think they realize how big an incentive the private ramp use issue is to boaters.

UltraLucky
08-05-2005, 06:19 AM
When we were there a couple of weeks ago - mid week, we noticed alot of first timers & PWC,ers the kind that park thier 3-seater on the beach & leave it over night with no ropes or sand spikes.

franky
08-05-2005, 06:41 AM
I too bought for the use of the ramp (and so friends could stay in the condo). At that time it was "you get a sticker for your boat and you can launch anytime". Then it was you have to stop at the registration desk and get the tags. Then it was check in and then wait to have them open the gate. Then it was check in at the desk, they sent you to the FCC office, back to the desk and then they let you in. Then it was check in at the desk "can't launch on weekends". Then it was "can't launch here, go to Crazyhorse".
All along getting told "the lawyers are done with negotiations, it will be resolved in a few weeks" THIS FOR A YEAR NOW.
I think I might start hanging out at the sales presentation floor.
CRIMESHARES!!!!!

Midlife Advantage
08-05-2005, 09:14 PM
No. Not me.
Dustin Lewis
I've been more fired up after reading this thread when that is the only launch in town that I will launch at. And now I'm reading that our bonus night pricing has gone up. What happened to a contract. Or is that one more of their promises that were just verbal. I can only suggest that anyone that considers buying will carry a recorder with them so that they have all of their promises on record.
They also told us that if we didn't use our first week (since it was the end of the year when we bought) that we could use teo weeks the following year. Of course when we tried to do that they laughed. And I agree that bonus nights are impossible to get now.
Until they get the launch problem fixed I guess they have stopped me from going to Havasu. :mad:
we haven't used our week yet either, we bought last year in June I think, are we going to lose it? so far all we have gotten is the ramp and some bonus time, now we cant get either??! :mad:

Dusty Times
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I believe you can trade your week for other timeshares.
I guess a tropical island sounds nice since I can't take my boat to either. :hammerhea

Procraftkev
08-06-2005, 12:57 PM
I own a annual beach prime unit for three years now,I think its great I get to launch there all the time and in three years only once was I not able to stay their on bonus time.Ive got four more years to pay and then only maintance fees every year after that.They will be buying part of the golf cource and the launch ramp and building the two bedroom units pretty soon. I just got home from being there for nine days,We get five week a year counting the bonus days.They treat us very well.Greaseing the wheels over there goes along way!I would do it all over again!

Chris Winn
08-06-2005, 02:30 PM
i have owned one for allmost 3 years (we had the founders club dealio), i am suposed to get to be able to book my bonus time 30 days in advance.
i have had many issues with them, one was when i went to transfer it to use in Mexico, no one wanted our timeshare so we got bumped and i had to play full $$$ elswhere.
they have lied several times and i have had the same issues with luanching, if this persits, i am going to find a list of owners and start a class action on them, that migth wake them up.
i have been told that the deal with 1st cabin club buying the nautical is now bunk, they were so hard on the nautical that they hate the 1st Cabin club. they are now going to get revenge.
sad thing is that i do not think that there is much we can do about it unless we take them on for breach of sales contract (the 1st cabin club).
i love the rooms, but i woudl have been better spending the $$$ on a house there 3 years ago
BTW i bought my week for only $9000.00 in the beginning

LHC30Victory
08-06-2005, 04:29 PM
i have owned one for allmost 3 years (we had the founders club dealio), i am suposed to get to be able to book my bonus time 30 days in advance.
i have had many issues with them, one was when i went to transfer it to use in Mexico, no one wanted our timeshare so we got bumped and i had to play full $$$ elswhere.
they have lied several times and i have had the same issues with luanching, if this persits, i am going to find a list of owners and start a class action on them, that migth wake them up.
i have been told that the deal with 1st cabin club buying the nautical is now bunk, they were so hard on the nautical that they hate the 1st Cabin club. they are now going to get revenge.
sad thing is that i do not think that there is much we can do about it unless we take them on for breach of sales contract (the 1st cabin club).
i love the rooms, but i woudl have been better spending the $$$ on a house there 3 years ago
Chris, I'm in on that action! Dam tired of not using the ramp now! and Yes, they did seem to mis represent the taking over of the Nautical so it would be all First cabin!

Dusty Times
08-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Going to Havasu tomorrow and no where to launch so I will not be taking my boat. I guess I am now stripped of the enjoyment that I have payed for. Unfortunatly my boat isn't launching at Crazy Horse like they would like us to. My boat will sit in my driveway until they straightin their bullshit. I called Nautical today and they won't even let you pay to launch (not that I should have to) They said I had to rent a room. OK I'll rent a room for the weekend. Sorry no rooms available :devil: No Launch

plaster dave
08-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Although we had a great time we had some issues as well. We called the Nautical Inn and told them we would be late for check in so they check us in over the phone, however, once we got there they had given away our room to someone else. We ended up with a bay room when we were told we would get a parlor room. The next day after some complaining we did get our parlor room and an extra day stay for free not a perfect weekend but we ended leaving with a smile on our face and some good memories.
The same thing happened to me in Dec. for the parade of lights we told them we are a late check in and they gave are room away. WTF how do you give a prepaid room away that told you we were a late check.

CMATT21
08-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I have a rental in the channel. As well, I know many other owners in the same complex all willing to rent. I have stayed all over Havasu for the past 15 yrs as a renter. The ammenties of Kings View Condos, the location- walking distance to the new Cha-Bones resturant (excellent food) off of London Bridge Rd. InNout, Martini Bay, Koko-hoes and the ability to park your boat on the beach over night can not be beat. The pricing will also beat almost anything in Havasu as these are new condos and people including myself want to get the word out. If you have any interest check out our web site for some pictures.(www.kingsviewcondo.com) We are starting to look for long term renters for the winter months. Also if my calender is booked I have numbers for the other renters. Hot boaters take $25 off the web site price.I have been a lurker for years on HB with some posts. I just have always thought you might get more for your money by renting somewhere tha thas all your looking for and also the ability to rent wherever you want without the big money and committment to only one place as some time shares are. Jus my 2 cents.
Later :clover:

Dusty Times
08-07-2005, 10:21 PM
This may be an option

78Southwind
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Any new info on this?

UncleLarry
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Cabin Club and Nautical are still trying to work out the ownership situation. For now its just like its been. Cabins Club sells timeshares.....Nautical runs it as a public resort and they share some of the rooms. There apparently are some negotiations underway that may change this current situation.
Regarding the Launch Ramp - when you check in (Cabin Club or Nautical) you usuallycan get a pass to launch your boat. To The best of my knowledge the Golf couse is not owned by either but all have some of the same investors.
Remember we don't like to do anything easy out here....

riverracerx
03-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Larry,
I heard someone bought the Nautical and is tearing down the store/restaurant to build something bigger and better? My guess is this is false?

UncleLarry
03-01-2006, 01:17 PM
my understanding is your comment is part of the on going negotiations...
Some things were suppose to have already happened this year regarding the status of these two groups but they are mmmm shall we say -- talking about it...

riverracerx
03-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I also heard they were going to tear down the Naked Turtle along with the rennovation and that people were outraged!
Heard the entire point there would get redone adding a restaurant and bar at the water and a new dock.

ClownRoyal
03-01-2006, 02:16 PM
just my $.02
Karl
Exactly, this thing is a rip. We did the weekend though last Summer for $49. No intention of buying since we have two houses in Havasu. They new that and they knew it was a waste of their time. But heh...$49 bucks for 3 days and 3 nights during our boat manufacturer's regatta. Asked by the manager of First Cabin Club why we did it...cause it was $49...you advertised it at the LA boat show (booth)...dah.
I did listen to their spill and even if I didn't have a house in Havasu still would not of done it. Just didnt' make sense for one week a year to pay $17 to $20K. Can't remember the exact price but doing some figuring it didn't pan out at all.

UncleLarry
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
TIme Share -
I actually bought a time share 4 years ago - just under $5000. Group called Sunterra - Sedona, Phoenix, Vegas, total of about 35 resorts....
I got one week ....well so many points to use.. But making resvervations with less then 30 days notice - I am able to get some great deals.
Last year (maintenence fees about $350 per year) I stayed at various Sunterra Resorts for a total of 11 nites.. So my 5 grand was well spent - with my flexibility I can always get at least 10 nites per year. So for me it was money well spent.

Beer Factor
03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
The first cabin club has been a pain in the ass since we bought it. You can never get bonus time. Everything changes each time we go down there. They told us they were just about to break ground on the 2 bedroom condos and we had priorty to upgrade. Almost 2 years later and nothing is going on other than BS. Midlife Advantage and i went down 2 weeks ago and they said we could not use the ramp without calling 3 days in advance. wtf. They need a fire lit under their ass. Class action may be just the thing. We paid $13,500.00 and i hear their price keeps going up. They keep selling and you can't get a room already.

ParkerSteve
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
So I guess you'ed guess I have a house in Parker. Yes all welcome & free beer. call first..... :cool: :rollside:
went to the sleek regetta last year and the Nauti was booked. I was offered $500. to go to the timeshare meeting. Bought a floating week for 12,000. They gave me 500 in chits which i used at chevron for gas, car and boat. They gave me $500. refund for first flight over 1000. and they gave me two additional free weeks to use elsewhere. Gave me the weekend room for 120. and used their ramp. although i will never use the room. I have traded it for two weeks at Aruba@185. per week....Not bad First cabin club i love you

78Southwind
04-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Now that the Nautical Inn has sold anything new going on? Can you guys launch there now?

Dusty Times
04-22-2006, 11:15 PM
One word!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Procraftkev
04-23-2006, 05:43 AM
I launch there all the time,have been an owner for three years. :cool:

Quality Time
04-23-2006, 07:26 AM
If you are staying at First Cabin or Nautical you can launch if not no. Frankly if when I'm staying there, part of the attraction is having a ramp that's not over crowded. By allowing people to launch who are not staying there, takes that and parking away. If you owned a time share anywhere else is your complex going to allow you to come and use the on-site amenitites because you are an owner, but not staying there that week? I think not.

Miss Managed Assets
04-23-2006, 07:46 AM
We went up to Lake Havasu this last weekend to check out the time shares (First Cabin Club) at the Nautical Inn. We ended up having a great time, however, we found out that First Cabin Club and the Nautical Inn are in some kind of legal battle in regards to the on site launch. I had no problems launching at the site because I was staying at the Nautical Inn, however my friend has a time share at the First Cabin Club and was not able to launch but was given a certificate to launch at Crazy Horse.
Has anyone else that has bought a time share at First Cabin Club had any difficulties launching at Nautical Inn? Does anyone know what is going on between the two companies? I was interested in a time share until I heard about the legal battle. If you are an owner at the First Cabin Club what is your impression of the time share?
He meant if your an owner can you launch yet. One of the main reasons we did not buy was because we could not launch as an owner, we would have to go to crazy horse. :)

Procraftkev
04-23-2006, 09:04 AM
If you are staying at First Cabin or Nautical you can launch if not no. Frankly if when I'm staying there, part of the attraction is having a ramp that's not over crowded. By allowing people to launch who are not staying there, takes that and parking away. If you owned a time share anywhere else is your complex going to allow you to come and use the on-site amenitites because you are an owner, but not staying there that week? I think not.
I dont know what kind of deal you got as for myself.They(The first cabin club)have never told me I could not launch there and have done so many times with out staying there. :cool:

Quality Time
04-23-2006, 09:53 AM
I dont know what kind of deal you got as for myself.They(The first cabin club)have never told me I could not launch there and have done so many times with out staying there. :cool:
They never told mentioned that as a sales pitch. I have personally spoke with them over the phone regarding this issue. I would suggest others do the same to get the same. Since I do not frequent Havasu as much as I used to (1 time last year), it's not a big issue with me. :)

72Hallett
04-23-2006, 12:16 PM
We Have a condo at Havasu and bought a First Cabin timeshare for 2 reasons. 1. So we could stay there if our place was rented. 2. For the Launch ramp. The Launch ramp that could be used while not staying there was one of the main reason we bought it. Without, we would not of purchased it. I understand your point, but it should not have been sold that way.

Miss Managed Assets
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
We Have a condo at Havasu and bought a First Cabin timeshare for 2 reasons. 1. So we could stay there if our place was rented. 2. For the Launch ramp. The Launch ramp that could be used while not staying there was one of the main reason we bought it. Without, we would not of purchased it. I understand your point, but it should not have been sold that way.
Hey mister, is'nt it time for a name/signature change!!!? :)

78Southwind
02-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Any new info on this?

socaldj1
02-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I stayed at theFirst Cabin Club about 24 days last year. I used my week over Thanksgiving. I had no problems with the launch. The way I see it it's $65 bucks a night great deal once it's paid off and I paid cash. The $400 maintenance fee covers the free week ....still breaks down to about $65 a night. I spent most of my bonus time there on the weekdays and never was turned away. I hear it's tough getting bonus time on the weekends. I love being able to leave the boat in the water over night and head out for an early morning run. Even if you pull it out there's no long line to get it back in. As far as using the ramp and aminities when your not staying...You have to call in advance and arrange a day pass. We stayed in Bullhead and drove down to launch half a dozen days last summer. Even used the pool when the wind came up. It's right for some but not for everyone.