PDA

View Full Version : Q: How do you find a phillips head screwdriver?

Man-de-lone
08-03-2005, 06:52 PM
Q: How do you find a phillips head screwdriver?
A: Look in your toolbox for a flat head screwdriver.
I needed a simple smallish flat head screwdriver the other day so I walked out to my toolbox and looked, nothing. Ok, I go check my truck, where I have three other toolboxes......Not one flat head. I check a couple of plastic tubs that are sort of catchalls for my stuff, nothing.
I swear I found 23 different phillips head screwdrivers. 23! Big, little, #2 regular ones, yellow ones, blue ones, black ones, But not one single flathead. :cry:
Where do they get to??? I finally found one of those reversible double headed switchable drivers so that worked out, but still.....WTF?
I remember this happening to me before, in reverse. Months ago I needed a phillips and found a dozen flatheads.... :notam:

Boy Named Sue
08-03-2005, 06:56 PM
i got a grinder :D
Like when you need a 10 mm socket but you find 9 different 13 mm ones.

piper
08-03-2005, 07:00 PM
It's the gremlins!! :supp:

SummitKarl
08-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Q: How do you find a phillips head screwdriver?
A: Look in your toolbox for a flat head screwdriver.
I needed a simple smallish flat head screwdriver the other day so I walked out to my toolbox and looked, nothing. Ok, I go check my truck, where I have three other toolboxes......Not one flat head. I check a couple of plastic tubs that are sort of catchalls for my stuff, nothing.
I swear I found 23 different phillips head screwdrivers. 23! Big, little, #2 regular ones, yellow ones, blue ones, black ones, But not one single flathead. :cry:
Where do they get to??? I finally found one of those reversible double headed switchable drivers so that worked out, but still.....WTF?
I remember this happening to me before, in reverse. Months ago I needed a phillips and found a dozen flatheads.... :notam:
WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING IN MY GARAGE!!!!!!!! :devil:
In my case I would check the dryer, they seem to have a little thing going on with my single socks

ahhell
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
i cant find a 1/4" socket to save my life...5 socket sets and not one 1/4.....8 10mm, but not one 1/4"
musta ran awy with the socks!!! :messedup:

Just Tool'n
08-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I can sell you some great Snap-On Flat head screwdrivers.
Only the best for my friends!

Boy Named Sue
08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
i cant find a 1/4" socket to save my life...5 socket sets and not one 1/4.....8 10mm, but not one 1/4"
musta ran awy with the socks!!! :messedup:
I got some 1/4". Trade for your 10 mm. Want any 13 mm? Eight of them for a 1/4 - 20 tap and die. :D

phebus
08-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I usually ask my wife if she has seen any, and her usual response is yes, I needed to hammer something in. :D

JustMVG
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Same here the wife or one of the kids needs a tool go to dads tool chest, nope that not the right size, leave the tool where they were and go get another, and another , you get the picture , now when i need those tools i go to the "Junk" drawer that every house has and i get my tools... and still i can't find what i need in the tool box or chest when i absolutely need it, always in another drawer or the other side of the garage...

One Eyed Jack
08-03-2005, 08:17 PM
ask your tweeker neighbor where they are
he she probably knows your garage
better than you do

SummitKarl
08-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Same here the wife or one of the kids needs a tool go to dads tool chest, nope that not the right size, leave the tool where they were and go get another, and another , you get the picture , now when i need those tools i go to the "Junk" drawer that every house has and i get my tools... and still i can't find what i need in the tool box or chest when i absolutely need it, always in another drawer or the other side of the garage...
time to do what my dad did to me.............lock the box dooooohhhh.
Harbor Freight Tools a boys best friend :cool:

ROZ
08-04-2005, 12:16 AM
That's why I look in the junk drawer first.. Just eh other day my wife asked why the hell I was rummaging through the junk drawer. I was looking for my cordless drill.. Found it in the secnda place I looked.. the tool chest.... :D

jailbird141
08-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Should've just looked for a hammer, you can fix anything with the right size hammer. :rollside: