PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for gel coat repair in Havasu...

One Particular Harbor
08-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Corner of the dock got me the other day at the launch ramp. All white section of the gel coat...shouldn't be too bad. Who do you all recommend in Havasu?
Thanks,
OPH

dicudmore
08-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Fast Fiberglass...
Is that Scott I believe??

Focker
08-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Fiberglass Reformation
Near The Corner Of Kiowa And Dover Down By Absolute

superdave013
08-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Fast Fiberglass...
He's Ducky on the forums. Does not post much though.

dicudmore
08-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Fiberglass Reformation
I've heard good and bad about them, I store across the street from there and never notice much going on?

voodoomedman
08-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Fiberglass Reformation
Wasn't super impressed with them. From what I've read on here you could probably find better. Do a search on here and you will find more info. There's a thread where Havasu Barney rates all the shops in town.

Ion
08-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Dave's Fiberglass does fine work, but I hear he's booked up a bit.

El Chingon
08-04-2005, 08:35 AM
We've had pretty good luck with Dave also. He's on the south end of town. So. McCulloch and the 95.

shadow
08-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Fast Fiberglass...
Scott @ Fast fiberglass.great guy and good rep.928-854-4527

Krumbsnatcher
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Rod,
Is a personal friend and does some real nice work with honesty and integrity. I have personally known him for the last 10 years and has done work for all of my freinds and family. I would personally recommend his service.
Tell him JJ sent yah!

DUCKY
08-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Phebus, Dave, and Darrell, thanks for the kinds words. Sorry I haven't been on here much, but since the beginning of summer, I known only 2 actions.... Work, and sleep.
If you still need the nick fixed, give me a call at the shop (928) 854-4527.
But, I have nothing bad to say about Rod either. He's the only other person I'd recommend.

Kilrtoy
08-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Calling the guy for a week and never calls back and when appointments are made , he is a no show....

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Calling the guy for a week and never calls back and when appointments are made , he is a no show....
He did an awesome job on my re-gel but get used to the flakyness!
I think I will call Ducky for the Daytona boo-boos

Kilrtoy
08-10-2005, 08:59 PM
He did an awesome job on my re-gel but get used to the flakyness!
I think I will call Ducky for the Daytona boo-boos
I dont get that... Dont this guys want to stay in business....

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-10-2005, 09:03 PM
I dont get that... Dont this guys want to stay in business....
I think the drunk Cali's keep them going no matter what!

purrfecttremor
08-11-2005, 03:23 AM
Phebus, Dave, and Darrell, thanks for the kinds words. Sorry I haven't been on here much, but since the beginning of summer, I known only 2 actions.... Work, and sleep.
If you still need the nick fixed, give me a call at the shop (928) 854-4527.
But, I have nothing bad to say about Rod either. He's the only other person I'd recommend.
yea but you had my friends remote to his garage for 4 months,missed 3 appts. and never showed up.he finally picked up his remote and you said you were to busy anyway.NOW THATS SERVICE!

DUCKY
08-11-2005, 06:51 AM
WHOA THERE!!! Hold on..... I have my own shop, called FAST Fiberglass & Marine. I USED to work for Fiberglass Reformations, but not since November 2004. I saw that post and I am sorry to hear that Steve and Jill did that to your friend, but please don't get us confused, that's how rumors get started.

purrfecttremor
08-11-2005, 10:40 AM
WHOA THERE!!! Hold on..... I have my own shop, called FAST Fiberglass & Marine. I USED to work for Fiberglass Reformations, but not since November 2004. I saw that post and I am sorry to hear that Steve and Jill did that to your friend, but please don't get us confused, that's how rumors get started.
Boy did i misread your post.I thought you were Fiberglass Reformations.
I appoligize and will be more carefull in the future!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Here is the thread Havasu Barney put up in early 2004 about fiberglass/gel coat repair in Havasu. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39026) Having seen Barney's work, I'd trust his opinion on good vs. bad work.

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
08-11-2005, 01:44 PM
fiberglass refermations does realy nice work but very besy 9288550877

voodoomedman
08-11-2005, 02:02 PM
fiberglass refermations does realy nice work but very besy 9288550877
I would say okay work. I was pleased with all but one thing they fixed and it is the one where someone may see it. Also the boat was hanging about an inch off the back of my trailer and my straps were put on kinda funny. You would think that knowing boats they would be able to get all this stuff right. Also my boat was very dusty and stuff. I don't expect a detail but take a freakin air hose and blow off the mess you put on it. My boat is immaculate and when I give it to you like that I want it back like that. I know I may be anal but there are shops out there that will do these things without being asked. Also a little bit flaky but as could be and dropped it off at my house out there.

RobR.
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Scott fixed my boat. Everything came out good. When I need work done again I will take my boat to him. I think I was one of his first customers?

Tom Brown
08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
He's Ducky on the forums. Does not post much though.
Must be stuck up. :idea:

DUCKY
08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Apology accepted purrfecttremor. If I came across a little stern I hope you can understand. You know how the "stuff" flies, especially on the 'net!
Oh, and Tom...
Me stuck up? I think you know better. Opinionated maybe, but stuck up, never!

DUCKY
08-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Scott fixed my boat. Everything came out good. When I need work done again I will take my boat to him. I think I was one of his first customers?
Yes, Rob, you were my first customer on the books, and I am glad you we're happy. Thanks for the kind words! :rollside:

shadow
08-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I would say okay work. I was pleased with all but one thing they fixed and it is the one where someone may see it. Also the boat was hanging about an inch off the back of my trailer and my straps were put on kinda funny. You would think that knowing boats they would be able to get all this stuff right. Also my boat was very dusty and stuff. I don't expect a detail but take a freakin air hose and blow off the mess you put on it. My boat is immaculate and when I give it to you like that I want it back like that. I know I may be anal but there are shops out there that will do these things without being asked. Also a little bit flaky but as could be and dropped it off at my house out there.
They've got a poor location,if your boat is not parked across the street in the dirt off the side of the road,it may be parked in thier front which don't look any better than across the street.With a dirty wash about 50' away, thats usaully got water and mud running in it.I drive by almost everyday,they may do good work but the conditions for storing a boat while being worked on or waiting to be worked on are less than desirable.

voodoomedman
08-12-2005, 06:49 AM
They've got a poor location,if your boat is not parked across the street in the dirt off the side of the road,it may be parked in thier front which don't look any better than across the street.With a dirty wash about 50' away, thats usaully got water and mud running in it.I drive by almost everyday,they may do good work but the conditions for storing a boat while being worked on or waiting to be worked on are less than desirable.
True. All I am saying is it could be dusted off. And the fact that it wasn't all the way on the trailer and they straps on wrong... And to start with I just wasn't completely happy with the work.

Redneck
08-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Corner of the dock got me the other day at the launch ramp. All white section of the gel coat...shouldn't be too bad. Who do you all recommend in Havasu?
Thanks,
OPH
just cruise down to Home Depot and get you some clear duct tape should fix everything up no problem :hammerhea

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
Oh, and Tom...
Me stuck up? I think you know better. Opinionated maybe, but stuck up, never!
Stuck up like a Glade plug-in. :D
It's great to hear things are going well with your new business, Scott. :cool: