PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas/Grand Canyon Copter Tour?

desertbird
08-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Anybody done it? Looking for a company recommendation since it looks like there are as many as 3 or 4 that do it.

dirty old man
08-04-2005, 09:45 AM
There may be one out of the Hacienda in Boulder City

Sleek-Jet
08-04-2005, 09:48 AM
There's 2 outfits that run off McCearan just off the strip. I know what their call sign is on the radio, but not the company names. Both run newer equipment and have good safety records.
One other option is Scenic Airlines, Vista Airlines, or Las Vegas Airlines that run fixed wing out of North Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Scenic would be my choice if you go that route...
Here's one:
http://www.grandcanyonhelicoptersaz.com/
And one more:
http://www.papillon.com/index.php?cPath=22_29

mmered8299
08-04-2005, 10:17 AM
I took some of my employees out of North Las Vegas Airport, landed on a Indian Res., took a van to the bottom of the canyon, road a raft for a couple of hours and helocoptered out of the canyon and then flew back home.

Kilrtoy
08-04-2005, 10:54 AM
My dad actually took one that lifted off at the grand canyon, said one of the best experiences ever......Dont know the name , but i can find out...

Huckleberry
08-04-2005, 11:44 AM
The other service Sleekjet is referring to is Maverick Helicopters. They are a 1st class operation. They have very modern choppers with awesome A/C and great visibility. This is the service we used a few weeks back when we got married over the Veags Strip at night. We tried to also book a Grand Canyon thrip the day after our wedding, but they were already booked.

AzLakeLizard
08-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Well, out of Lake Powell there is Scenic tours.. that do the grand canyon and of course there is wilderness river adventures that do the river rafting stuff.. motorized and oar trips.
we find it kind of funny that Vegas is advertizing and doing the grandcanyon tours when it is pretty much in AZ....
Here is some info off of one site.
Motorized Boat Trips | Motorized Trips Schedule/Rates | Oar Boat Trips
Oar Trips Schedule/Rates | Float Trips
Go with the flow!
Powered by the mighty currents of the Colorado and expertly navigated by your guide, each Oar Boat transports an intimate group of four to six passengers through some of the Grand Canyon's biggest and best whitewater. Feel all that the River has to offer as you traverse miles of spectacular canyons, camp out under the stars, and enjoy scrumptious gourmet meals. Three Oar Trips to choose from.
OAR TRIPS (Minimum Age: 12 Years)
THE GRAND TRADITION
12 & 14 Days
188 River Miles
Departs: Lee's Ferry
Arrives: Bar Ten Ranch Experience the thrill of many famous rapids including: Hance, Horn Creek, Hermit, Crystal, Upset and Lava Falls. Between rapids, enjoy the tranquility of still waters and learn more about this natural wonder from your crew. Stop at anthropological and geological sites including Ancestral Puebloan Ruins, Petroglyphs, and Redwall Cavern - a naturally formed amphitheater. Hike and swim at attraction sites such as: Saddle Canyon, Shimumo, Elves, Stone Creek, Deer Creek, and Havasu. Photographic opportunities abound. Trip Schedule
& Rates
THE UPPER CANYON
5-1/2 Days
86 River Miles
Departs: Lee's Ferry
Arrives: Phantom Ranch Cruise the entire length of Marble Canyon, passing the marvelous Vasey's Paradise. Visit Redwall Cavern - a naturally formed amphitheater - and the Ancestral Puebloan granaries at Nankoweap. Ride the famous rapids: Badger, Soap Creek, House Rock, Unkar, Hance, Sockdolager, Grapevine, and many more…some 20 rated rapids in all. Enjoy the tranquil still waters between rapids while learning more about the canyon from your crew. Photographic opportunities abound. On the last day, your expedition ends deep within Grand Canyon’s inner gorge. Our boats will arrive at Phantom Ranch early the morning of the 6th day. There you will be met by a qualified hiking guide to begin the 10-mile hike, a 5000-foot ascension from River to Rim. Trip Schedule
& Rates
THE LOWER CANYON
6-1/2 Days
102 River Miles
Departs: Phantom Ranch
Arrives: Bar Ten Ranch Enjoy the spectacular whitewater of major rapids: Horn Creek, Granite Falls, Hermit, Crystal, Upset and Lava Falls. Learn more about the canyon's history and geology from the crew on quiet stretches of tranquil water. See many sites of historical, anthropological and geological importance. Abundant breathtaking scenery; photographic opportunities abound.The morning your trip begins you will meet our qualified hiking guide inside the Bright Angel Lodge to begin your 10-mile decent on the Bright Angel Trail to our boats at the river. Trip Schedule
& Rates
ALL OAR TRIP PACKAGES INCLUDE:
Extravagant meals (fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, bread, juices, soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate and desserts with a few surprises along the way).
Snack food and soft drinks (including diet soda), iced tea and Gatorade.
Ice and soda for mixes.
Waterproof bag for clothing.
Sleeping bag, foam pad and ground tarp.
Tents (in event of inclement weather).
Waterproof container (5-1/2" x 7" x 11" - accessible for camera and items used during the day).
A Wilderness River Adventures T-shirt or Colorado River Guide Book.
Life jacket, which must be worn at all times on the river.
Wilderness River Adventures
P.O. Box 717, Page, AZ 86040
Local: 928-645-3296 Toll Free: 800-992-8022
Fax: 928-645-6113
Email: info@riveradventures.com
Wilderness River Adventures is managed by ARAMARK. River Adventures is an authorized concessioner of the National Park Service, Grand Canyon National Park and Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.

desertbird
08-06-2005, 09:24 AM
No Rafting, no landing, no hummer, just helicopter flight.
I've seen Maverick and Pappillon.
any others? :confused:

Sleek-Jet
08-06-2005, 09:28 AM
No Rafting, no landing, no hummer, just helicopter flight.
I've seen Maverick and Pappillon.
any others? :confused:
Oh come on now... who doesn't want a hummer... :D