PDA

View Full Version : Help Stolen Race Rig!

Terminal Velocity
08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Subject: Star/G2 Truck and Trailer Stolen
We need your help!!
Chip Ellis parked the Star/G2 rig last night in Omaha Neb. about 10:30 pm, when he came out this morning it was GONE!
Please help us find it! Any suggestions would be appreciated. 229-924-0031 or 800-841-7827
It is the whole rig: truck, trailer, race bike, engines, pit bikes, 2 street bikes, tools, EVERYTHING!!
Call everybody you know that may be able to help!
Thanks,
Jackie and George Bryce
George Smith
1997 T2000 Kenworth Truck
Competition Trailer
White and Blue with Orange Star and Yellow Flames
This photo is not exact but if you see anything that even resembles this photo it is probably the Star/G2 rig.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/542stolen_truck_P5034456.jpg

LAFD
08-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Damn Sorry To Hear That. Well It Definitly Wont Be Hard To Spot If Someone Sees It.how The Hell Would Ya Hide That...

bunny 166
08-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry!! :frown: Easy to spot, thats for sure....good luck :clover: :clover:

TCS T
08-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Damn! Who does that! Dirtbags!

ROZ
08-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Pretty bold...That should be hard to miss.... I'm sure they drive it into the forest and clean it out?

Terminal Velocity
08-04-2005, 10:15 AM
yea sure would like to get some hands on some throats to people who do this kind of $hit. Really sucks too because Chip and the whole Star team are doing really well this year in Pro Stock Bike on the NHRA tour.

PalapaHead
08-04-2005, 10:25 AM
SOMEONE GET A ROPE!!!!!! :mad:

CandyA$$
08-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey I passed this information on to my family who travels to and from different race tracks across the states. They will be keeping an eye out, for you.

BoatPI
08-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Ouch! So I guess that you do not have a GPS transmitter?

meaniam
08-04-2005, 10:56 AM
i heard part on those truck are worth some big dough

INFINITEJJ
08-04-2005, 02:42 PM
UPDATE: G-2 rig found, contents still missing, reward posted
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Rob Geiger, NHRA.com
08/03/2005
Team co-owner George Bryce reports that his G-Squared transporter has been found abandoned on the side of the road in Omaha, Neb. The truck appears to have hit several tree branches and looks as though it had been driven down a dirt road. The entire contents have been stolen and a $10,000 reward has been posted for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators.
"The idiots that stole our truck must have been smart enough to know it would be impossible to get very far on the highway with that truck," Bryce said. "Chip [Ellis] had been scrambling all over town looking for places where someone could hide a rig when we got a call that it was seen sitting on the side of the road. The police and Chip made a beeline for the location and found the truck.
"You couldn't have picked a worse time for this to happen. We were loaded up for the road trip, plus we had picked up a bunch of new chassis' on the way. Everything is gone.
"This whole deal seems preconceived to me. It's like Chip was stalked, like someone knew what was inside. That rig is our home away from home and we feel completely violated."
Among the items missing at this point are six complete Pro Stock motorcycles, the team's race bike, a show bike, three S&S Cycle motors, three pit bikes, two spare chassis, Ellis' leathers and helmet, and all of the tools and equipment the group takes on the road.
"We're offering a $10,000 reward for any information that might help us catch these punks and put them in jail," Bryce said. "I don't know where they'd be able to sell this stuff because it's all custom made and numbered.
"Thankfully, no one was hurt. This is a big blow to our program but everything can be replaced over time. Chip's okay, and that's the most important thing."
Ellis parked the rig last night around 10:30 p.m. at an Omaha hotel. When he came out this morning the truck and trailer were gone. Anyone with details about this stolen equipment is urged to call (229) 924-0031 or (800) 841-7827
The tragedy is the second to beset the powerful team following the devastating injury to crew chief Ken Johnson in a non-racing-related accident June that led to the amputation of his left leg above the knee.

Jrocket
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
That really sucks to see stuff like this.

LAFD
08-04-2005, 02:52 PM
god damn thats just sick. couldnt even imagine. sorry to hear.... hope ya find the assh*les that took everything..

dmontzsta
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
That really sucks, that is a HUGE loss, I hope it is recovered and the idiots that did it are caught.

NOTALENT
08-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Damn! Who does that! Dirtbags!
question is how did they do that....that would be one loud theft... :idea:

Terminal Velocity
08-04-2005, 03:30 PM
thanks infinitejj, just getting around to posting what you posted on the find. What i'm wondering is how big of a trailer did it take to unload star's trailer. I'm sure there are other semi's in the parking lot so one starting up in the middle of the night most wouldn't give it a second thought. Sure hope they find them.

C-2
08-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Ouch! So I guess that you do not have a GPS transmitter?
My thoughts too! Do it yourself Lo-Jack, only far more effective.
A friend and I were exploring the idea of installing hidden GPS units in boats and ON motors - so even if they separate, you gotta line on them.
Oops, did I just say that out loud? Somebody should run with the idea, they're already out there for cars and rigs like this.

SummitKarl
08-04-2005, 03:47 PM
TV done!!!
anyone on omnitrax will be aware.
just sent it to Qcom it's going out now
Karl

ratso
08-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Subject: Star/G2 Truck and Trailer Stolen
We need your help!!
Chip Ellis parked the Star/G2 rig last night in Omaha Neb. about 10:30 pm, when he came out this morning it was GONE!
Please help us find it! Any suggestions would be appreciated. 229-924-0031 or 800-841-7827
It is the whole rig: truck, trailer, race bike, engines, pit bikes, 2 street bikes, tools, EVERYTHING!!
Call everybody you know that may be able to help!
Thanks,
Jackie and George Bryce
George Smith
1997 T2000 Kenworth Truck
Competition Trailer
White and Blue with Orange Star and Yellow Flames
This photo is not exact but if you see anything that even resembles this photo it is probably the Star/G2 rig.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/542stolen_truck_P5034456.jpg
Now that takes some balls...

Riverkid
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
We've used Heavytrack as well as the @Road GPS systems. They work fine for an amateur theft, but the pros beat them every time... They usually just smack the antennas off. Then the system is blind and can't dial out... :mad: