PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2 Sea Doos / PWC

TwinMach26DCB
08-05-2005, 10:28 AM
I'd like to buy a set of PWC to keep in Havasu.. I'm curious as to the 2 stroke vs. 4 strokes.. I hear so much about TAHOE LEGAL for instance however I haven't heard anything about limiting 2 strokes in Havi.. Soooooo.. I need some info, AND I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent deal for nice equipment... Let me know..
Thanks...

ratso
08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I'd like to buy a set of PWC to keep in Havasu.. I'm curious as to the 2 stroke vs. 4 strokes.. I hear so much about TAHOE LEGAL for instance however I haven't heard anything about limiting 2 strokes in Havi.. Soooooo.. I need some info, AND I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent deal for nice equipment... Let me know..
Thanks...
Welcome TM26DCB... I can tell you are new here... :idea: :D

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Welcome TM26DCB... I can tell you are new here... :idea: :D
haha...yup yup....here's a hint..."HOT BOAT" :D

TwinMach26DCB
08-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Help a brother out.... Sorry for being uneducated.. I am new to Havi -- coming on strong though...

MagicMtnDan
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
It's OK the DCB-istas will help him out. :D

OGShocker
08-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Help a brother out.... Sorry for being uneducated.. I am new to Havi -- coming on strong though...
If you are going to use them on Havasu.... You are on your own!!! :D

TwinMach26DCB
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
I put this on Sandbar --- Most of those guys are on Cats and Tunnels.. Spill the beans.. I'm assuming that there has been a ton of press and the possibility of excluding 2 strokes in AZ ??
4 strokes are a must then ??

NOTALENT
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
haha...well in CA the 2 strokes are only let on the lakes on certain days..I believe its every other sunday??? Havasu I dont think they will ever be illegal...maybe only in the channel due to all the carbon monoxide they produce...I would stick with a 4 stroke...
My cousin just bought 2 older 1996 seadoo 2 strokes for 1500 for the set...good deal and they run great.

Jordy
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm assuming that there has been a ton of press and the possibility of excluding 2 strokes in AZ ??
4 strokes are a must then ??
I haven't seen anything about outlawing 2 stokes on any of the lakes I go to. Some of the new 4 stroke PWC's are pretty sick, for a PWC that is. I think Honda has one that has a turbo on it even. PWC's are kind of like fat girls and mopeds. :D :D :D

godfather
08-05-2005, 11:27 AM
go with the new sea doo rxp there fast and there 4 stroke w/ super charger :D

OGShocker
08-05-2005, 11:39 AM
PWC's are kind of like fat girls and mopeds. :D :D :D
NICE!!! ROFLMAO!!!! :D :D :D

TwinMach26DCB
08-05-2005, 01:01 PM
come on now.... The lake is plenty big for everyone.... I'd take a smart, courteous pwc over a typical DRUNK, stoned weekend warrior in a boat they can't operate.. Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere... Like someone said.. like fat women and mopeds... Heck, they're even faster than 75% of the boats on the lake..
Promise I'll stay out of your way... They'll sit right next to the DCB and only come out on rare occasions..

mbrown2
08-05-2005, 01:04 PM
come on now.... The lake is plenty big for everyone.... I'd take a smart, courteous pwc over a typical DRUNK, stoned weekend warrior in a boat they can't operate.. .
Exactly...we are partnering up with our neighs and getting two 3 seaters for those quiet week days....Jet Ski's don't kill people, its the people driving that kill people...

voodoomedman
08-05-2005, 01:06 PM
PWC's are fine as long as you educate yourself about the laws and general courtesy on the water. Do yourself a favor and check into Yamaha as well. Stronger and better designed hulls. Not sure about this year but usually they have the fastest ski on the water every year and those Sea Doo engines are rotary and Sea Doo's are French. Sea Doo's usually run great the first couple of years and then.... Yamaha's you just put some new NGK plugs in every year and never worrry about it.

BROADMINDED
08-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Hahaha Fat Chicks And Mopeds. Not To Many People Know About That Saying. Hahaha.

Racer277
08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Yeah...
Well, what some of these guys are saying is right.
You prolly don't need to worry about the 2stroke/4stroke thing legally unless you want to bring it to the left coast.
However,
Just look at the newer 4 strokes. They are faster, require less maintenance and are very car like (turn key, go). They are all a dime a dozen, so why look at anything more than 2-3 years old, and a 4stroke will be easier for everyone (exhaust, gas, maintenance).
Please don't lend it to your friends who have never been on a lake, and don't realize that it's not a toy.

Sane Asylum
08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
come on now.... The lake is plenty big for everyone.... I'd take a smart, courteous pwc over a typical DRUNK, stoned weekend warrior in a boat they can't operate.. Unfortunately there are idiots everywhere... Like someone said.. like fat women and mopeds... Heck, they're even faster than 75% of the boats on the lake..
Promise I'll stay out of your way... They'll sit right next to the DCB and only come out on rare occasions..
Well said.....If you can't tell, people really love PWC on this board.......NOT!! I don't really have an opinion because I've seen just as many idiots in boats (who could do damage if we hit) as I have idiot PWC'ers. If the PWC hits, I'll win :D :D
These guys are really just jealous because you're a kool-aid drinking, cultish DCB'er. Don't pay attention to them.......

25Elmn8r
08-05-2005, 02:46 PM
As someone said earlier, it's not the PWC's fault. There are idiots in boats that don't have a clue. I have given up riding our SeaDoo because of these idiots.
For instance last Sunday coming into the channel from the north side by the condos, this guy in a Campbell coming the other way decides he's gonna turn right in front of me so he can beach it. Now granted if it was a busy weekend and he was holding up traffic that's one thing. But there was no one behind me for 200 yards, no one behing him, and a boat right in front of me. I had to completely stop to keep from hitting him. He looks at me like it was my fault and tells me that he was the one with the right of way! :hammerhea Are you kidding me!
Everyone seems to have the ME FIRST mentality in all aspects of life anymore. It is just retarded! People just don't have respect or common courtesy anymore.
BTW, I have an incredibly clean and dependable SeaDoo for sale (fairly cheap)if you are interested.

78Southwind
08-05-2005, 03:16 PM
PWC's are kind of like fat girls and mopeds. :D :D :D
I think I might have to use this for my new sig. :messedup:

78Southwind
08-05-2005, 03:20 PM
I'd take a smart, courteous pwc over a typical DRUNK, stoned weekend warrior in a boat they can't operate.
Nevermind this is my new sig. :D

Tom Brown
08-05-2005, 03:21 PM
I'd take a smart, courteous pwc over a typical DRUNK, stoned weekend warrior in a boat they can't operate..
RiverDave... party of one... your table is ready.

ROZ
08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
RiverDave... party of one... your table is ready.
Oh, Snap ! :D

ahhell
08-05-2005, 04:41 PM
my neighbor has 2 94??? yamaha pwc's on a trailer for 3k
what ever the white with red and black graphics year was...he now has the RXT sea doo's...I did 70 on one and im a petite 6'3" 280# :jawdrop:

Perfect Mixer
08-05-2005, 05:13 PM
How much are you willing to spend. I just finished talking my wife into letting our Sea Doos go (1 GTXdi, 1 RXdi). There both 2002s and basicly brand new with only about 20 hrs on them if I remember correctly. I just had them serviced, and new batteries in them. They are the direct injected 2 stroke variety. They'd give most of the boats on Havasu a good run for thier money! PM me if you're interested.

OGShocker
08-05-2005, 05:24 PM
http://www.scorpioncity.com/images/art/mosquito.jpg :boxingguy