PDA

View Full Version : 2000 ish Ford Recall

djunkie
08-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Just want let everyone know if you got a year 2000 Ford or around there, Expedition, F-150, hell even all the others, it wouldn't be a bad idea to check if there is any recalls on it. Especially to do with the cruise control. Don't want this to happen to you.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749House_Fire_003__Medium_.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749House_Fire_007__Medium_.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749House_Fire_016__Small_.jpg

Foxy99
08-05-2005, 12:31 PM
OUCH!!!
Yeah turned in my expedition for that recall a while back..

Flashover
08-05-2005, 12:32 PM
That's one of the best lookin Ford's i have seen :D :D :D

djunkie
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Thats what I told my dad. Don't think it made him feel any better.

beer hunter
08-05-2005, 12:36 PM
All that fire and there's still air in the rear tires :supp:

little rowe boat
08-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Burnt up it still looks better than a Gm. :D :D :D

Biglue
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
LMAO. What a dick.

Biglue
08-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Burnt up it still looks better than a Gm. :D :D :D
And still would outrunit. :yuk:

Flashover
08-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Thats what I told my dad. Don't think it made him feel any better.
Was that your dad's ride? If it was that sucks. Sorry to hear about it. :(

meaniam
08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
if it was congrats to him. now the insurance company can pay it off, and he could get a real truck.
as a chevy man i feel it my obligation to say thangs like this!!!
sorry about the boat

dmontzsta
08-05-2005, 01:31 PM
That sucks, Expeditions are awesome tow rigs, I love mine. The turning radius on them is FAR better than any other truck I have driven.
I am going to have to look in to the recal, mine is a 97 hopefully it has been fixed, cause if it was going to happen it should have happened by now?

HCS
08-05-2005, 01:33 PM
We had one flame up right on the car lot. :jawdrop:

djunkie
08-05-2005, 01:44 PM
This Epedition of my dads has been the biggest pile of shit. 2 Transmissions in the 1st. 10,000 miles. Its got that auto 4x4 bullshit. Sometimes you'll just be going down the street and would go into 4 wheel drive automatically and it would slam into it. It rode like shit and lets not even get started about this firestone tire BS. After this I don't think I will ever buy another Ford vehicle. Maybe an old classic one but not new.This thread is just to let you all know what can happen with one of these. I'd hate to see it happen to someone else.

meaniam
08-05-2005, 01:53 PM
This Epedition of my dads has been the biggest pile of shit. 2 Transmissions in the 1st. 10,000 miles. Its got that auto 4x4 bullshit. Sometimes you'll just be going down the street and would go into 4 wheel drive automatically and it would slam into it. It rode like shit and lets not even get started about this firestone tire BS. After this I don't think I will ever buy another Ford vehicle. Maybe an old classic one but not new.This thread is just to let you all know what can happen with one of these. I'd hate to see it happen to someone else.
i had an exploder burst in to flames. twice . the first time trans puked out over exhast. but it out with dr pepper. the second time fuel pessure reg blew. i opened hood to see what looked like a flame thrower. i watched and drank my DR PEPPER.

meaniam
08-05-2005, 01:54 PM
expedition are for girls. that why they have adjustable pedals

djunkie
08-05-2005, 01:59 PM
expedition are for girls. that why they have adjustable pedals
Ya I hear ya. I never liked this car from the first day I drove it. My brother bought a Tahoe 2 months before he bought the expo. and the Tahoe is so much nicer to drive. But my dad is a Ford man. Or should I say was a Ford man.

RiverDave
08-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Don't be such a panzi.. :D Truck's just got a little personallity. ;)
RD

djunkie
08-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Don't be such a panzi.. :D Truck's just got a little personallity. ;)
RD
Hey RD, what year is your Navigator?

Brian Ray
08-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Got you beat...My wife's Navigator has had three engines replaced. All within 70,000 miles. The #6 cyclinder keeps dropping....I hate Fords but she won't drive anything else except a Mercedes and last I checked they don't tow a boat very well. I would just buy a truck but I can't part with my '96 Impala SS.....Wife says,"Sell your car and you can have any truck you want."

djunkie
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Got you beat...My wife's Navigator has had three engines replaced. All within 70,000 miles. The #6 cyclinder keeps dropping....I hate Fords but she won't drive anything else except a Mercedes and last I checked they don't tow a boat very well. I would just buy a truck but I can't part with my '96 Impala SS.....Wife says,"Sell your car and you can have any truck you want."
Buy her a Tahoe and just change the emblems. Shes a woman, she'll never know. :D

Brian Ray
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Buy her a Tahoe and just change the emblems. Shes a woman, she'll never know. :D
I've already tried that...GM doesn't offer AC seats like the Navigator. We were originally going to get a Tahoe until she saw the Navigator..... :eek:

meaniam
08-05-2005, 05:59 PM
they have a meat freezer built into the seats

djunkie
08-09-2005, 11:35 AM
Well what do you know. The recall for for the crusie control dealio just showed up today in the mail. I wonder if they got wind of this and decided they better send it out ASAP. Looks like they're a little late.

dmontzsta
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I love my Expedition, it has been a dream so far. The turning radius is FAR better than any truck I have driven and the interior quality is MUCH better than most of the 90s Chevys, like my dads. The only thing I do not like is my radio switch in the rear is broken in the on position and my wheel cap seems to keep falling off.

djunkie
08-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Well they took the car out. Heres a couple pics I took of it today.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_037_Medium_.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_039_Medium_.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_030_Medium_.jpg
Still curious what I'm gonna find when we get my gun safe opened.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768House_Fire_036_Medium_.jpg

HOSS
08-09-2005, 12:50 PM
You just gotta love melted aluminum.