PDA

View Full Version : For you AV8R's - and non-AV8R's too

DaveA
08-05-2005, 08:24 PM
OneSixRight- the video - turn up your volume! (http://www.onesixright.com/video/aerials.html)
.So...whaddya think??

KACHINA KEN
08-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I think the planes are cool and ENYA sux ass, don't ever trick me into listening to that again. Listen to some Dead can Dance or Deep Forest if you want that vibe.

piper
08-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Yeah the music was too soft.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
08-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Way too cool.....
Man do I love that P-51........ :smile:
God that thing is beautiful!!!!!
Thanks...
CJG
:cool:

Beer-30
08-05-2005, 10:18 PM
That's great. Got me all psyched up for my flight Sat. Flying the Lance to Wyoming, and then back on Sunday. ;)
This one:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2433small.jpg

PHX ATC
08-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Cool.

Stealth Marine
08-06-2005, 07:53 AM
OneSixRight- the video - turn up your volume! (http://www.onesixright.com/video/aerials.html)
.So...whaddya think??
I think I can't imagine a better way to spend an afternoon than flying the coast in a P-51.

Froggystyle
08-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Turn up the volume?????
I was crushed to hear Enya instead of round motors screaming.
Is ther an alternative sound button or something?

Stealth Marine
08-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Turn up the volume?????
Just IGNORE the sound and enjoy the beauty....

Beer-30
08-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Just IGNORE the sound and enjoy the beauty....
That's what I did. :wink:

Froggystyle
08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
That's what I did. :wink:
I turned on some Van Halen... Dreams.

Jbb
08-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Been there done that....puked once or twice......much fun.... :D

Sleek-Jet
08-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Turn up the volume?????
It's kinda hard to hear the round sounds over the cacophony of rotor blades...
Real airplanes have round motors.
Thanks for putting that up Dave... :D

Norseman
08-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Very Cool Dave!!
Thanks!!!

hotlavey
08-06-2005, 06:34 PM
.So...whaddya think??
Enjoyed it alot. Brought back a lot of memories as I was a pilot in the AirForce back in the day. I never had the opportunity to fly the P51 or the Bi-plane or the Gooney but, flying is flying and the clip was great.
Thanks

SmokinLowriderSS
08-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Cool, and the ENYA isn't really such a bad touch.

DaveA
08-06-2005, 07:02 PM
Cool, and the ENYA isn't really such a bad touch.
I didn't think so either, since I was so blown away by the camera technique, but especially by the planes. Romance of flying, etc.
And seeing Clay Lacy (one of my flying heros) waving from the cockpit of the DC3, well, that was big with me. He's just a terrific guy.
Can't wait to see the whole thing. Did you see the trailers on the website? Pretty good job, I'd say.

Sleek-Jet
08-06-2005, 07:13 PM
And seeing Clay Lacy (one of my flying heros) waving from the cockpit of the DC3, well, that was big with me. He's just a terrific guy.
MandMVG is going to get a kick out of that when he sees it.
I've been waiting for this flick since they did a spread on the it in AOPAPilot last fall. :D

dossangers
08-06-2005, 07:22 PM
As much as i love boats going to reno and watching those guys is unreal "Rarebear'' ''Strega'' ''Tsunami'' 500mph 50' off the ground the sound is awsome me and my buddy flew the race course in his single engine plane after the races at 150mph i couldnt imagine at 500!! theres nothing like a big piston engine plane loping at idle!!

spectratoad
08-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Nice video. I love to watch the planes. Hey dossangers, you coming up for the air races next month? I live about 3 or 4 miles from the airport. I'll buy you a beverage.
I may be working up there in one of the beer booths. It is one of our fundraisers for Search & Rescue. :cool:

Charley
08-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I sent this to my partner he flys/teaches.... great video!

Spotondl
08-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Van Nuys airport after some good rains there... Have made that approach many times... fun stuff....

DaveA
08-07-2005, 08:17 PM
MandMVG is going to get a kick out of that when he sees it.
I've been waiting for this flick since they did a spread on the it in AOPAPilot last fall. :D
Tickets are on sale now in the LA area for a showing- check the website.
Wish I could go- that's a bit too far to go for a nite at the theater for me!
I'll just wait on the DVD.

coolchange
08-07-2005, 08:32 PM
It's kinda hard to hear the round sounds over the cacophony of rotor blades...
Real airplanes have round motors.
Thanks for putting that up Dave... :D
I have a CD " Round Sounds" It's a blast out in the desert camping to play that on my brothers stereo that gets stadium sound levels at about 3 am.
The next morning the newbies in camp wake up with " Did you hear that airplane last night that buzzed the camp?" :2purples:

maxwedge
08-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Great photography. I think it would be better if the Pitts was being properly thrashed and abused to some rock & roll instead of gracefully drifting though the air with Enya like that. But that is some great footage.

Sleek-Jet
08-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I have a CD " Round Sounds" It's a blast out in the desert camping to play that on my brothers stereo that gets stadium sound levels at about 3 am.
The next morning the newbies in camp wake up with " Did you hear that airplane last night that buzzed the camp?" :2purples:
I've got that too... I'll crank the Stereo up at the house and have all the neighbors outside looking up... :D

ECeptor
08-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Very cool video.
We see a variety of aircraft here in Wichita, but never any P-51s. However, it is cool to see AF-1 flying in for a tune up every now and then.

spectratoad
08-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Out behind us we have a place that restores old aircraft. They fly an old Russian Mig alot. They also hve "Large Marge" from the AirCon movie.

DaveA
08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Very cool video.
We see a variety of aircraft here in Wichita, but never any P-51s. However, it is cool to see AF-1 flying in for a tune up every now and then.
Hey that's coool.. I lived there from 86 to 93. Got to see both AF1's flying around in their green skin while being test flown.
While I was headed back to the office one morning (near K42 & S. West) I saw a -51 circling overhead and entering the pattern for Dead Cow International. I grabbed the camera and telephoto and managed to fire a couple of shots as he buzzed the runway- didn't land. He headed over to MidCon for that. Wow! That was timing!
Most of my flying was either at Augusta, Rose Hill, or out west near Cheney Lake at a friend's strip where I could keep my plane for free. Where do you live in the area?