PDA

View Full Version : Bmx Racing

BLOWN HOWARD
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Just got my daughter into, anybody else do it, its a blast watching her drop down from the starting gate at 5yrs old.

mbrown2
08-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Used to do it as a kid from 5-13...it was a blast...actually trying to rebuild a New Old School JMC Bmx bike....stuff is rare, but that is what I used to ride..
Good luck to your daughter...my sis raced as well; and was pretty good at Moto X on the XR75...

BLOWN HOWARD
08-05-2005, 10:00 PM
The dam little bikes are expensive too. Blows me away.But worth it to see the smile on her face at practice all night

mbrown2
08-05-2005, 10:06 PM
The dam little bikes are expensive too. Blows me away.But worth it to see the smile on her face at practice all night
Funny but it seems prices have not went up that much....a good race bike back in the day (early 80's) cost about $600-800....Phillwood Hubs, OMG or Campy Sealed Headset, Bullseye Bottom bracket and a solid frame and folk really started getting up there....it's still about $800 for a solid bike, but the technology is maybe better today, but probably not by much...
That's cool she likes it...it definitely a fun competitive sport for the family to enjoy and tweak on the bikes...also it does not hurt that much when they fall..

BLOWN HOWARD
08-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Your right when she laid it down the first night wasnt bad at all. Probably the most family sport i have seen in a while.

KACHINA KEN
08-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Did you know that Stu Thompson ( Team Redline ) is with Riverside PD now? That guy was my hero growing up.

Boat Ride
08-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Your right when she laid it down the first night wasnt bad at all. Probably the most family sport i have seen in a while.
wheres the pic? lets see those thing... (of her racing) --- ( not crashing)
i just bought my little guy a crf50 ( he's only 2.5 years old) lol, everyone one thought i was crazy.... i put trainging wheels (dirt one) on that thing.. put it in first gear for him... & off he went... I had to beg him after 2.5 hours.... to get off so we could go eat...

piper
08-05-2005, 11:18 PM
wheres the pic? lets see those thing... (of her racing) --- ( not crashing)
i just bought my little guy a crf50 ( he's only 2.5 years old) lol, everyone one thought i was crazy.... i put trainging wheels (dirt one) on that thing.. put it in first gear for him... & off he went... I had to beg him after 2.5 hours.... to get off so we could go eat...
HA! HA! HA! That's great!!! Bet you were shock to see him take to that thing like a fish to water. :D

Boat Ride
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
HA! HA! HA! That's great!!! Bet you were shock to see him take to that thing like a fish to water. :D
it was pretty cool..... i didn't want to take my eyes off him, so i have no pics of him riding.... kinda suxs but... theres always next time...

WILD LAVEY
08-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Just got my daughter into, anybody else do it, its a blast watching her drop down from the starting gate at 5yrs old.
which track do you go to? my son wants to try it out. he races mx right now here are some pics.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117mxrace2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117mxrace1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/117bigjump1.jpg

OutCole'd
08-06-2005, 04:57 AM
My son did it a few year back and loved it. He wants to get back into it. The problem is the track is about 40+ minutes away from the house so mid week would be tough, especially during school, and we are gone most every weekend, so Saturday nights are out.
They need to build a track on this side of town.
By the way, "The Koz", Jeff Kozmala lives here in town, met him a few times.

Aqua Boogie1
08-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I did it for about 10 years. I even still have my Bike, its a Boss. Im trying to get my step-son in it. I bought him a Redline Mini......all black. He's five now, I'll wait one more year and then we'll go at it. I also see Shawn Texas from time to time up here in Alameda, Ca.

plaster dave
08-06-2005, 08:19 AM
It's a great sport I raced for 8 years and enjoyed all 8 of them.