PDA

View Full Version : 30 kachina drone

Baller
08-06-2005, 05:23 AM
Does anyone have any info.. and thougths... I now have a 28 sleek.. liking the 30 drone, they look great but ???? Louie tell's me a 600 sci.. will do bout 75 / 28lab.... any info would be great.. thanks

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Does anyone have any info.. and thougths... I now have a 28 sleek.. liking the 30 drone, they look great but ???? Louie tell's me a 600 sci.. will do bout 75 / 28lab.... any info would be great.. thanks
HB did a test on one a couple of months ago. Said hole shot sucked but the after that it ran good. I just can't imagine a 30' boat with a single. I think is looks awesome with those canopies. If I was a Baller, I'd get twins.

Garrddogg
08-06-2005, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the boards Baller..

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the boards Baller..
LOL! That's all you have to say on this subject?
Oh, and welcome Baller, to HB!!

Baller
08-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Ur probally right... a twin would be great.. but i got sooooo much going on right now... new 997 cab.. in the garage... I talked to kachina about a twin and they didn't recomend it in the 30... too tight and with the weight diff.. they said a single would be better... maybe i'll look at the 34...Here we go again.. Does it ever end. :rollside:

Baller
08-06-2005, 06:26 AM
Well... THanks for The Welcome's... Went from the Blythe River w/ 21'.. To Havasu w/ 28'... Left the EX... with the Blythe scene.. Looking at a place @ Islander/havasu so i can lay down my roots...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 06:28 AM
I see we are neighbors :D

MagicMtnDan
08-06-2005, 06:29 AM
You got a 997 Cab in the garage and you're concerned with money :D C'mon, step up to the bank loan and get your big boat some twins :shift:

Beer-30
08-06-2005, 06:34 AM
My Sleek does just fine with a single. I wouldn't want the extra maint/service/weight of the twins. It all depends on you taste, I suppose.

Garrddogg
08-06-2005, 06:37 AM
[QUOTE=My Man's Sportin' Wood]LOL! That's all you have to say on this subject?
Well Im givin him a ride on sat!!!! :D
I haven even told him mines for sale yet!! :jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 06:39 AM
What!!! Already?? Call Deb :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 06:49 AM
welcome to HB Baller...
Has anybody mentioned that Force 26 has a nice 30' Drone w/a 600?
I heard a rumor that its for sale too :wink:

Jordy
08-06-2005, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't want the extra maint/service/weight of the twins. It all depends on you taste, I suppose.
Twins in that size boat are nice for several reasons though. First, you're not flogging a single engine to get and keep things moving. Second, getting in and out of tight spots with twins is so much easier with the added manueverability. Third, going out in the ocean with a single engine can be bad news should you have any kind of mechanical trouble. With twins, theoretically, you'll still have a good engine to get back in with. ;) :D
p.s. did anyone notice that I didn't say anything bad about Kachina??? :D :D :D

Big Warlock
08-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I promised to be good for awhile..........hmmmmmm.....yea, I have seen those boats........yes, yes, nice graphics..................
Welcome Baller!! :hammer2:

Jordy
08-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Has anybody mentioned that Force 26 has a nice 30' Drone w/a 600?
I heard a rumor that its for sale too :wink:
Force26's boat is one of the nicest looking Kachina's that I've seen come out of there and you can't go wrong with the 600 Merc that's in there. If you're thinking about going down this road, I hear it might be for sale. ;)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 07:12 AM
You got a 997 Cab in the garage and you're concerned with money :D C'mon, step up to the bank loan and get your big boat some twins :shift:
Do you have twins on your boat??
It's easy to spend other peoples money. :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Twins in that size boat are nice for several reasons though. First, you're not flogging a single engine to get and keep things moving. Second, getting in and out of tight spots with twins is so much easier with the added manueverability. Third, going out in the ocean with a single engine can be bad news should you have any kind of mechanical trouble. With twins, theoretically, you'll still have a good engine to get back in with. ;) :D
p.s. did anyone notice that I didn't say anything bad about Kachina??? :D :D :D
I did notice that Jordy... I can't imagine the amount of restraint that took :wink:

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I promised to be good for awhile..........hmmmmmm.....yea, I have seen those boats........yes, yes, nice graphics..................
Welcome Baller!! :hammer2:
you're both going soft :wink:

Garrddogg
08-06-2005, 07:16 AM
you're both going soft :wink:
DONT GET HIM STARTED!! :messedup:

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 07:19 AM
DONT GET HIM STARTED!! :messedup:
sorry... I'll try not to.
you going this weekend?

Jordy
08-06-2005, 07:23 AM
I did notice that Jordy... I can't imagine the amount of restraint that took :wink:
Louie can turn out a nice looking boat when he wants to and apparently he's finally telling customers that robot surfing aliens being chased by fire breathing skulls flying P-51 Mustangs on the side of the boat might be a little much... ;)

Garrddogg
08-06-2005, 07:27 AM
sorry... I'll try not to.
you going this weekend?
30 MIN AND COUNTING!

Bella
08-06-2005, 07:30 AM
I knoe of a couple 34' Drone's for sale. One of them has 525 EFI's. If you are interested I will send you there way.

Baller
08-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks to all for your thoughts... So Force... Do you have a drone w/600.. and if so.. do you like it.. and what kind of speed are you getting w/ what prop..
Sportin wood... ARe you at islander?
My 28 sleek has 500hp.. w/ ASM computer upgrade

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Louie can turn out a nice looking boat when he wants to and apparently he's finally telling customers that robot surfing aliens being chased by fire breathing skulls flying P-51 Mustangs on the side of the boat might be a little much... ;)
but, they NAILED the fire breathing skull on the P-51 look :cool:
It seems B&H Water Rod has now taken over the animal graphics...Saw one at the zoo last weekend with a horse on the side :rolleyes:

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks to all for your thoughts... So Force... Do you have a drone w/600.. and if so.. do you like it.. and what kind of speed are you getting w/ what prop..
Sportin wood... ARe you at islander?
My 28 sleek has 500hp.. w/ ASM computer upgrade
yes, he has a 30' Drone w/600

Baller
08-06-2005, 07:37 AM
Guess i should have named my self.. posser instead!!!! OR Wanttobeballer

Jordy
08-06-2005, 07:38 AM
yes, he has a 30' Drone w/600
I hear it might just be for sale too.... ;)
On the bright side, at least going from a Sleek to a Kachina the hull design won't change. ;) :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Sportin wood... Are you at islander?
No we are at the ever-lovely Katherine Landing 5 star resort. :D
I was refering to your Lake Elsinore address. We are in Menifee.

Baller
08-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Guess i should have looked at the location before typing.. my Bad !!!!.. Yes we are neighbors... Someone told me the 30 kachina bottom is the same as the 28 sleek but with a swim step.. is that true.. i was lookin for some more V

shadow
08-06-2005, 08:32 AM
but, they NAILED the fire breathing skull on the P-51 look :cool:
It seems B&H Water Rod has now taken over the animal graphics...Saw one at the zoo last weekend with a horse on the side :rolleyes:
Dan that water rod was parked by me last weekend.I thought it was a donkey. :confused: :)

Kachina26
08-06-2005, 09:14 AM
HB did a test on one a couple of months ago. Said hole shot sucked but the after that it ran good. I just can't imagine a 30' boat with a single. I think is looks awesome with those canopies. If I was a Baller, I'd get twins.
HB has not tested ANY Kachinas in years!

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Dan that water rod was parked by me last weekend.I thought it was a donkey. :confused: :)
I was just assuming it was a horse since it said H20Rodeo on the transom ;)

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 09:26 AM
true, maybe it was powerboat??

Jordy
08-06-2005, 09:27 AM
true, maybe it was powerboat??
Seems to me that Powerboat did one on the 34 with big power a few months ago. I don't remember seeing them test a single engine 30'er. :idea: :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Seems to me that Powerboat did one on the 34 with big power a few months ago. I don't remember seeing them test a single engine 30'er. :idea: :D
thats what I remember too

Kachina26
08-06-2005, 09:34 AM
They did a single 30 2 years ago.

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 09:37 AM
So it was Powerboat ... What's the difference? :notam:

Jordy
08-06-2005, 09:38 AM
They did a single 30 2 years ago.
OK, try and keep up here. The post and article in question was related to this one:
I didn't see the one from a couple years ago, or at least didn't pay much attention to it for one reason or another. :D

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 09:39 AM
OK, try and keep up here. The post and article in question was related to this one:
I didn't see the one from a couple years ago, or at least didn't pay much attention to it for one reason or another. :D
Great! Now I'll have to go back through my HB's and PBM's (if I haven't already tossed them) and prove it dammit :burningm:

Jordy
08-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Great! Now I'll have to go back through my HB's and PBM's (if I haven't already tossed them) and prove it dammit :burningm:
Save your energy looking through Hot Boat as was pointed out, they haven't tested a Kachina in years. Something to do with Louie and hurt feelers I seem to recall... ;)
Powerboat tested the 34' a couple months ago though and didn't give it a bad review either.

Kachina26
08-06-2005, 09:49 AM
I thought I was keeping up, I will try to do better from now on. :hammerhea

Big Warlock
08-06-2005, 10:05 AM
Last HB test of a Kachina I believe ended up with the boat at the bottom of the lake?
Jordy, we are headed to Hum Bug tomorrow. Be in the back with the Formulas. Headed to Bartlett this afternoon for smoe testing. Steering repair, etc. etc.

Jordy
08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Jordy, we are headed to Hum Bug tomorrow. Be in the back with the Formulas.
Right on. We'll be there (probably limping in from the 4 lane) but the stereo plays loud all day and we're all the same speed in the no wake zone in the cove. :D :D :D

FASTERDAMITT
08-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Guess i should have looked at the location before typing.. my Bad !!!!.. Yes we are neighbors... Someone told me the 30 kachina bottom is the same as the 28 sleek but with a swim step.. is that true.. i was lookin for some more V
Here's a true 30' bottom. 32' overall. 74.1 GPS with a 496HO. Can have a race boat construction also. Do your homework. ;)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/478SUPERBABI_AROUND_GREATSOUTHBAY_020_Medium_.jpg

Baller
08-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Well.. give it up.. what kind of boat is that... With the right graffic's... look out

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Well.. give it up.. what kind of boat is that... With the right graffic's... look out
its a SUPERBOAT...
they're typically all white :wink:

Kachina26
08-06-2005, 10:48 AM
I'm guessing it's a superboat powerboat (http://www.superboatonline.com/) Never heard of 'em. Might be worth a look.

Beer-30
08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
On the bright side, at least going from a Sleek to a Kachina the hull design won't change. ;) :D
Technically, it will. Baller said he has a 28 Sleek. That would be an Enforcer, non-step hull. Going to a Kachina would be a "step" in the right direction. LOL! :D

Jordy
08-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Technically, it will. Baller said he has a 28 Sleek. That would be an Enforcer, non-step hull. Going to a Kachina would be a "step" in the right direction. LOL! :D
Actually it was a crack regarding Louie buying the molds from Sleek for the first 26'er. Ever notice that resemblence between the Kachina and an '86 Sleekcraft?
I'm waiting to see who notices the similiarites between the 38' that Kachina is currently working towards and a legendary East coast powerboat with a large loyal following. What do you think HH??? :D

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Actually it was a crack regarding Louie buying the molds from Sleek for the first 26'er. Ever notice that resemblence between the Kachina and an '86 Sleekcraft?
I'm waiting to see who notices the similiarites between the 38' that Kachina is currently working towards and a legendary East coast powerboat with a large loyal following. What do you think HH??? :D
Which one? Cig?

Jordy
08-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Which one? Cig?
I'm not going to name any names, even if you held a GUN to my head. :D

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to name any names, even if you held a GUN to my head. :D
What about a Tiger? :D

Jordy
08-06-2005, 12:49 PM
What about a Tiger? :D
Nah, you'd have to hold a GUN preferably to the TOP of my head and I still wouldn't tell you about the hull that's been blanked out sitting down in Kachina's yard. ;)

RiverOtter
08-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Nah, you'd have to hold a GUN preferably to the TOP of my head and I still wouldn't tell you about the hull that's been blanked out sitting down in Kachina's yard. ;)
Well.... Guess it won't have canopies :D

Jordy
08-06-2005, 12:58 PM
Well.... Guess it won't have canopies :D
Typically the offending party (the one stealing a working bottom) will do some retooling on the deck or even come up with their own deck, so canopies are very possible. It just struck me odd to see this 38' boat that had been all filled in sitting in the yard down there. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm......" :idea: ;) :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Typically the offending party (the one stealing a working bottom) will do some retooling on the deck or even come up with their own deck, so canopies are very possible. It just struck me odd to see this 38' boat that had been all filled in sitting in the yard down there. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm......" :idea: ;) :D
hmm...wonder what that 38' Kachina/TG is gonna cost??

Jordy
08-06-2005, 01:05 PM
hmm...wonder what that 38' Kachina/TG is gonna cost??
What is this TG you speak of??? :idea: :D
As far as cost, it's hard to say, but will be interesting to see how it plays out, especially since the top rigger left Kachina in pursuit of greener pastures. Now I'm not going to say where he went, but to eliminate any concern, he's very happy there from what I hear. :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 01:08 PM
you know, just a little 38' V project I heard Louie and the boys had in the works ;) :idea:
Might need something for the Lake Pacific trips

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 01:09 PM
As far as cost, it's hard to say, but will be interesting to see how it plays out, especially since the top rigger left Kachina in pursuit of greener pastures. Now I'm not going to say where he went, but to eliminate any concern, he's very happy there from what I hear. :D
oh, do tell...What city does this person work in now??
Inquiring minds you know...

Jordy
08-06-2005, 01:11 PM
oh, do tell...What city does this person work in now??
Inquiring minds you know...
I can't say anything, but it's all spelled out for you in that post. Perhaps you should re-read it and ELIMINATe yOuR confusion. :D :D :D
That should be really clear now for anyone who still missed it. :D :D :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I can't say anything, but it's all spelled out for you in that post. Perhaps you should re-read it and ELIMINATE your confusion. :D :D :D
just wanted to make sure I read it right the first time ;)

Jordy
08-06-2005, 01:25 PM
just wanted to make sure I read it right the first time ;)
I even cleared it up a little more now. :D
Jordy <-----cracking myself up today. :D
And I still haven't said anything bad about Kachina and what page are we on now??? :D :D :D

dicudmore
08-06-2005, 01:35 PM
I even cleared it up a little more now. :D
Jordy <-----cracking myself up today. :D
And I still haven't said anything bad about Kachina and what page are we on now??? :D :D :D
nice, but I was with ya the first time :D
for the record, this is page 3 without a single Kachina bash

Baller
08-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Well.. it's going up for sale... 2001 28 Enforcer, open bow, 500hp. bravo XZ, ASM CPU chip, Runs EXC... 3 battiers,, Big stero XM.. 65,000...

HOSS
08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
For the life of me ,,,why would ya`ll be running gas motors in these heavy ass cruisers,,,,,,,,really ,,just askin,,,,,,turbine?,,,everyone else down here is. I`d possibly consider a deisel,,,but the space will be limited I now,,,,,gassers? why?

Beer-30
08-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Well.. it's going up for sale... 2001 28 Enforcer, open bow, 500hp. bravo XZ, ASM CPU chip, Runs EXC... 3 battiers,, Big stero XM.. 65,000...
IT's worth it. But, I hate to break it to ya.......They will sell a brand new Enforcer w/ HO for 65K. Granted, it's not an HP, but it is a 2005.

Beer-30
08-06-2005, 04:59 PM
For the life of me ,,,why would ya`ll be running gas motors in these heavy ass cruisers,,,,,,,,really ,,just askin,,,,,,turbine?,,,everyone else down here is. I`d possibly consider a deisel,,,but the space will be limited I now,,,,,gassers? why?
Um, ya goona buy Jet-A from the pumps at the marina? I don't think so.

Jordy
08-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Um, ya goona buy Jet-A from the pumps at the marina? I don't think so.
You can run diesel. ;)