PDA

View Full Version : GC accident

phuggit
08-06-2005, 01:28 PM
I hope this is no one from the boards. I've never heard of anyone dying from a single golf cart rollover.
Date/Time Written: 08-01-05 / 2:15AM
Type of Incident: Fatal Single Vehicle Traffic Collision
Date/Time of Incident: 07-31-05 / 8:38PM
Location of Incident: 22400 block of Canyon Lake Drive South, City of Canyon Lake
Reporting Officer: Sgt. Shuck
File Number CN05212006
On Sunday 7-31-05 at 8:38PM, officers from the Canyon Lake Police Department responded to the 22400 block of Canyon Lake Drive South at the main causeway regarding a vehicle rollover injury collision. Upon arrival, officers discovered 45 yr-old Brian Swanson of Canyon Lake deceased and 44 yr-old Sharon Swanson in critical condition. Both occupants sustained major head injuries after being ejected from a customized electric vehicle. Further information gathered at the scene revealed the vehicle was traveling north on Canyon Lake Drive South and struck the curb. The force of the collision caused the rear axle to break away from the vehicle, which resulted in the vehicle rolling over. Sharon Swanson was transported by paramedics to the Inland Valley Medical Center where she is in critical condition.

Outnumbered
08-06-2005, 01:49 PM
I hope this is no one from the boards. I've never heard of anyone dying from a single golf cart rollover.
Date/Time Written: 08-01-05 / 2:15AM
Type of Incident: Fatal Single Vehicle Traffic Collision
Date/Time of Incident: 07-31-05 / 8:38PM
Location of Incident: 22400 block of Canyon Lake Drive South, City of Canyon Lake
Reporting Officer: Sgt. Shuck
File Number CN05212006
On Sunday 7-31-05 at 8:38PM, officers from the Canyon Lake Police Department responded to the 22400 block of Canyon Lake Drive South at the main causeway regarding a vehicle rollover injury collision. Upon arrival, officers discovered 45 yr-old Brian Swanson of Canyon Lake deceased and 44 yr-old Sharon Swanson in critical condition. Both occupants sustained major head injuries after being ejected from a customized electric vehicle. Further information gathered at the scene revealed the vehicle was traveling north on Canyon Lake Drive South and struck the curb. The force of the collision caused the rear axle to break away from the vehicle, which resulted in the vehicle rolling over. Sharon Swanson was transported by paramedics to the Inland Valley Medical Center where she is in critical condition.
That blows. I always thought those things were a little sketchy all lifted and shit. There was a young girl that was hurt pretty bad a year or so ago when she fell out of one. I remember reading it on here but do not remember the details.

Caribbean Jet
08-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear that, that sucks. I drive through Canyon Lake all the time and see those peeps driving their carts. Maybe there going to start making us wear helmets on the GC's now.

got river?
08-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Sad to say, but the wife/mom passed away later that morning.

ratso
08-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Sad to say, but the wife/mom passed away later that morning.
That sucks... :frown:

KACHINA KEN
08-06-2005, 02:12 PM
why did it take 5 days for this to come around? R.I.P.

Biglue
08-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Man that's harsh. Prayers out to the family.

Riverkid
08-06-2005, 03:04 PM
It was a lifted, stretched custom cart with larger tires and a 5 horse elec motor, running downhill right at the causeway. Probably had some good speed built up as the road coming down is a fair grade. The cart grenaded into pieces after it hit the curb... Terrible tragedy, as the couple had three children at home. :frown:

Mrs. casean
08-06-2005, 03:06 PM
I read this in the paper the other day and just couldn't believe it... who would have imagined this happening cruisin around in your neighborhood to get milk for a neighbor and this would happen. I felt sooo sad reading this. It's a sad story and I am so sorry for their families and friends.

Outnumbered
08-06-2005, 03:07 PM
It was a lifted, stretched custom cart with larger tires and a 5 horse elec motor, running downhill right at the causeway. Probably had some good speed built up as the road coming down is a fair grade. The cart grenaded into pieces after it hit the curb... Terrible tragedy, as the couple had three children at home. :frown:
Very sad. Sorry to hear about all involved. :frown:

Ziggy
08-06-2005, 03:10 PM
That freaked me out :jawdrop: ---I know a Sharon Swanson.........but I talked with her today so it wasn't her.....
Sad story none the less......3 kids at home, thats gonna be real tough. :frown: :cry:

Mrs. casean
08-06-2005, 03:14 PM
not sure what the cause was... the source I read this from was the NC Times and this is what they wrote:
"Two people so full of life ---- you just don't think that something like that can happen," said Brian Swanson's sister, Susan.
She said the couple had been returning to their nearby house from a local store where they had gone to buy milk as a favor for a neighbor. On the way back, she said, the rear axle of the cart unexpectedly broke loose, causing it to roll over.
It wasn't the first time something had gone wrong with the cart, said Chad Swanson.
He said his father had been aware there was a problem with the rear wheels of the cart and had been planning to take it into a local shop Monday for repairs.
"Dad knew that something was wrong with the back of that cart," he said. "Some lady had actually taken her kids off the other day because she was worried about their safety."
Riverside County sheriff's Sgt. Dave Shuck said, while it is possible the cause of the accident might have been a faulty rear axle, investigators are not yet ruling out any possible explanations.
At this point, he said, there is little known about what actually happened.

Riverkid
08-06-2005, 03:19 PM
LOTS of scuttlebutt going on about that cart right now. Recently converted, etc. 25 different stories right now. It's very sad that it's now too late for the couple... :frown:

Mrs. casean
08-06-2005, 03:23 PM
It's very sad that it's now too late for the couple... :frown:
That's the bottom line :(

bunny 166
08-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Oh, those poor children....prayers said... :clover:

JetBoatRich
08-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Hard story to read :sqeyes: very sad that three children will grow up without their parents.
Sounds like a known problem and he ignored it, drove faster than was safe for the conditions :idea: now a family will be paying for it.

phuggit
08-06-2005, 05:15 PM
It's very sad. We (me included) believe these carts are a toy to goof around on and something like this happens.

Natedog
08-06-2005, 05:25 PM
thats crazy me and 4 guys flipped a raised cart twice in bullhead on one of the riverbeds.My friend that was driving was wasted and tried to drive up the concrete side car flipped.Then the cops are on top of the hill shine the light on us and chase us this idiot tries to go up again and cart flips by this time we are all road rashed and bruised and bloody,4 cops pull up and bust us thought the cart was stolen.ended up letting us go just a lot of pissed off wifes and minor injuries,hope the family of the lost the very best.so sad to hear these crazy accidents can happen any time!

Supultlbich
08-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Makes you stop and smell the roses, remember to keep your loved ones close, and spend as much time as possible.