PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell directions

INSman
08-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Who has the best directions from Vegas to Page, AZ that will keep me from going through Zion again this year ?? I know I missed a right hand turn somewhere in Hurricane if memory serves me correct :hammer2:

Sleek-Jet
08-07-2005, 08:51 PM
I think it's the last stop light in Huricane, you turn right and climb the hill.
There are signs to Colorado City and Kanab, that's how you want to go.

77charger
08-07-2005, 09:35 PM
I think it's the last stop light in Huricane, you turn right and climb the hill.
There are signs to Colorado City and Kanab, that's how you want to go.
yup turn right then about a 1/4 mile(i think) down make a left. then you go up a hill you wont forget.
if you aint climbing a hill within 5 minutes after the last 2 stop signs you are off track

burtandnancy
08-08-2005, 10:02 AM
There is a sign BEFORE the stop sign directing you to turn right to get the road to Page, but the last time I was there, the sign was obscured by a tree branch. If you don't start up a near verticle hill within a mile of Hurricane, you're going the wrong way. You want to go to Fredonia first, then Kanab. Also, the best gas prices used to be in Fredonia. Have fun, watch the weather...

Froggystyle
08-08-2005, 01:09 PM
If you were headed to Bullfrog I would tell you to drive until you were three miles east of where Jesus lost his shoes and turn south.
That place is truly in the middle of nowhere...