PDA

View Full Version : Lost one of our own today.

GOTLDH
08-07-2005, 09:27 PM
A FIREFIGHTER was killed today when the fire engine he was riding in crashed on interstate 10 just west of beaumont. The FAE ( Fire Apparatus Engineer ) was just flown from Riverside County Regional hospital to Arrowhead Regional. The other FF was treated and released. Lets keep the crew and their families in our thoughts and prayers.

Creator
08-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear that! I live in Hemet, Not too far from there. My condolences to his family and friends.

dmontzsta
08-07-2005, 09:33 PM
How unfortunate, very sorry to hear that. God Bless the Family and Friends.

Miss Perfect
08-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow that sucks! So sorry to hear... :frown:

HocusPocus
08-07-2005, 10:27 PM
just saw it on the news.

ShutYaPieHole
08-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Man im sorry to hear that.

THOR
08-08-2005, 05:44 AM
Godbless and Godspeed

4day!!
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Absolute tragedy.. Our prayers our with him and his family

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 11:31 AM
:( very sorry to here the bad news. Family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.
God Speed. :(

islandboy
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
As A Police Officer, I know what it's like to loose a brother, my condolences goes out to the family and friends of this fallen hereo.

my21advantage
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
As A Police Officer, I know what it's like to loose a brother, my condolences goes out to the family and friends of this fallen hereo.
Diddo...

slingingsmoke
08-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Read it this a.m. on LACoFD's website. Very sad. More of us are dying of crashes now than Heart attacks. Prayers of my Dept. go to all involved.

thom
08-08-2005, 03:27 PM
have they released the name yet?

LHC Kirby
08-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I have not seen the name released yet, prayers on the way.

THATJEFFGUY
08-08-2005, 04:26 PM
have they released the name yet?
Not yet..they just said he was a Riv.Co. fireman stationed in Mo Valley. Prayers to the family.

Throttle
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Anyone have anymore info about this? Agency that the crew was from? Just curious, I'm in Havi and there has not been any info on this out here.

4day!!
08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Anyone have anymore info about this? Agency that the crew was from? Just curious, I'm in Havi and there has not been any info on this out here.
Supposedly it was E58 from RRU. The following was copied from another website:
A firefighter was killed, and two others were injured Saturday afternoon when their firetruck rolled off eastbound Interstate 10 in Beaumont.
The firefighters were based out of a Moreno Valley area station and were likely responding to weather-related accidents on the freeway, officials said.
No other vehicles were involved, and the cause of the rollover is under investigation, said a California Highway Patrol dispatcher.
The death is the first on-duty firefighter death for Riverside County Fire Department in several years, said county fire engineer Rick Griggs at a brief news conference out of the Beaumont station. On-duty firefighter deaths are rare and are more likely to happen in a vehicle collision than in a fire, he said.
The names of the three firefighters involved in the accident near the Interstate 10 intersection with Highway 60 were not expected to be released until today at the earliest, but all were local firefighters, and two had worked in the county for several years, Griggs said.
One firefighter was moderately injured and remained hospitalized Saturday night, and the other was released. At Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley, there were six uniformed firefighters and a fire engine parked outside Saturday evening.
William Wilson Lewis III / The Press-Enterprise
Officials said the firefighters were likely responding to weather-related accidents when their truck rolled off Interstate 10 in Beaumont.

JetBoatRich
08-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Watched it on the news this morning :frown: sad news

SHOTKALLIN
08-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Godspeed and prayers for his family. Even more sad when its your own community. Just brings it closer to home. :frown:

GOTLDH
08-08-2005, 07:14 PM
on august 6 th, 2005 at approximately 3:01 pm, fire engine 58 from the Riverside County Fire department / Moreno Valley Fire, Moreno Beach Station was traveling east on interstate 10, east of highway 60 in Beaumont was involved in an accident. The engine left the freeway and travled down a steep embankment, struck several trees and came to rest on the roadway below. As a result of the accident Riverside County Firefighter Chris Kanton, 24, was fatally injured. Two other Firefighters were injured. Firefighter Richard Bruning received minor injuries. he was treated and released from a local hospital. Fire Apparatus Engineer Michael Arizaga sustained moderate injuries. He remains Hospitalized in ICU at ARROWHEAD REGIONALMEDICALCENTeR.
Firefighter Kanton is survived by his wife of six months, Kathryn
RCOFD Pess Release.

IN2-IN2MX
08-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Oh no, this is terrible :squiggle: . Reading this gave me the chills. So sorry to hear this. :(

Flashover
08-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Too damm young to die.. Godspeed to my fallen Brother.

BarryMac
08-09-2005, 08:29 AM
GodSpeed to one of the True modern day heroes... My thoughts and prayers are with his Family...