PDA

View Full Version : ???Ticket Question???

Creator
08-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Anyone ever push a yellow light and get a ticket in the mail a couple weeks later with photo evidence of you supposedly running a red light, fight the ticket and win?

termiteguy
08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
your screwed pics tell a thousand words :boxingguy

FryJet
08-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Anyone ever push a yellow light and get a ticket in the mail a couple weeks later with photo evidence of you supposedly running a red light, fight the ticket and win?
No chance of beating it, you're going to prison for sure. Sell it all and move to Mexico, its the only way. ;)
F.J.

HocusPocus
08-08-2005, 10:28 AM
i havn't heard of anyone beating one of those.

wildbillg
08-08-2005, 10:31 AM
quit whinin, pay the ticket..
yellow dosent mean speed up it means ..... you are going to stop .... :eat:
man up and pay the fine. :2purples:

v-drive
08-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Yep, got one Thursday but I was expecting it. internet driving school.
:D v-drive

maxwedge
08-08-2005, 10:42 AM
If you can prove that you were somewhere else that day, and therefore couldn't have been the person driving the car, you can beat it. I was able to do this because my girlfriend ran a light in my car. Probably might be hard to prove if you were really the person driving. Also they make clear liscence plate covers that those cameras cant't read through.

Creator
08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
quit whinin, pay the ticket..
yellow dosent mean speed up it means ..... you are going to stop .... :eat:
man up and pay the fine. :2purples:
Didn't know that asking a question was whining! :hammerhea

HocusPocus
08-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Also they make clear liscence plate covers that those cameras cant't read through.
yes they do.. but having anything over the top of your plate will also get you a a ticket. ;)

Liquid Courage
08-08-2005, 01:09 PM
"Supposedly"...That's funny! See in the picture where your car is behind the white limit line and the light is red and the next picture where your car is in the intersection and the light is still red? Not alot of speculation there. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 01:22 PM
I was also thinking. why would you try to fight a ticket if you deserved it? can you actually see yourself in the pic? if so I assume you are guilty. :p

Creator
08-08-2005, 02:28 PM
No ticket, I was just asking.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:29 PM
No ticket, I was just asking.
sorry.. I thought you had a ticket for doing it.. I misunderstood.. my bad. :mix: :D

Creator
08-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I have had my fair share of tickets, fought them all. I've won some and lost some, I was just curious about the photo tickets because all of us here seem to get in trouble from time to time.

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
I have had my fair share of tickets, fought them all. I've won some and lost some, I was just curious about the photo tickets because all of us here seem to get in trouble from time to time.
I hear ya.. we have had an employee that received one and he lost.. the photo is very good.. very clear and he did pay for it.. :D

my21advantage
08-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I would just pay the fine and take the traffic school...if you fight the ticket and lose, no traffic school = point on your license
that's just my 2 cents

H20 Toie
08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
it would probably be a lot less hassle to just stop for the red light :)

THATJEFFGUY
08-08-2005, 04:29 PM
If you can prove that you were somewhere else that day, and therefore couldn't have been the person driving the car, you can beat it. I was able to do this because my girlfriend ran a light in my car. Probably might be hard to prove if you were really the person driving. Also they make clear liscence plate covers that those cameras cant't read through.
License plates...who runs those things anymore ? :D Just keep your dealer paper plates on and when you get pulled over..blame it on the screwed up CA DMV for never sending them to you. I got away with it for over a year !

'78 gt boat
08-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Those tickets come in the mail. If you never received it how can they come after you? 80% of the fine goes to the manufacturer of the camera to pay to have them on the corners. No police officer will serve this ticket to you and it will never show up on your driving record. My wife got a red light ticket in Az. and two days later we got info from a gentleman who found a loophole in the thing and he charged me $50 to find out how to get away from it. It worked for me and it's been 2 years since it happened. Just my .02

meaniam
08-09-2005, 10:24 AM
i wasnt sure if i made it through a light in montclair on holt and mountain (photo ticket area) made me sick to my stomach waiting. my prayers were answered thank god. i think you are screwed. the ones that are close i heard they throw them away. all photos from what i heard are taken from several angles. and have some time stamp in thousands second (from time light turned red) or something like that, on the pic with color indication.
i was 4th in line to turn left. and the light turned quick. i wasnt really focused.(head up my ass) im sitting in intersection with cross traffic becuase a bus stopped. i was so upset. and just prayed for 1 month. i was lucky some how

jstwkd
08-09-2005, 11:04 AM
License plates...who runs those things anymore ? :D Just keep your dealer paper plates on and when you get pulled over..blame it on the screwed up CA DMV for never sending them to you. I got away with it for over a year !
Exactly...two years on 2 vehicles and 1 year on another!..........

sdpm
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I got one here in San Diego awhile ago. Perfect picture of me and licence plate. I didn't even argue it. I sat around and listened to all the other people's excusses and some were great and very funny. Upon listening to the bailiff explain the rules of the tickets I hear him say that they must be mailed within 30 days of the infraction. I pulled the wadded up envelope out of my pocket and low and behold post marked 34 days from picture taken!! I raise my hand and the judge said that I already had my say and didn't want to hear anymore. I told him I just heard some new evidence from the bailiff about the 30 mday deal and asked me to bring up the envelope to the bailiff. He looked at it and did the math and again asked the bailiff about this rule and he said yes I am correct. So mine was dropped along with a few others that kept there envelopes and had the same thing. Other than that they had me nailed. No fighting it. It was worth listening to the stories.. :argue:

Big Warlock
08-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Contrary to the belief of law enforcement, it is very clear that your license has to be visable from 50 feet behind your car. Says nothing about the side view, etc. etc. And you can have a clear plastic cover over your license.
Boat Cop? Your input?
:yuk:

Ziggy
08-09-2005, 01:33 PM
I hear ya.. we have had an employee that received one and he lost.. the photo is very good.. very clear and he did pay for it.. :D
I few months back I thought for sure I'd run a light that had camera's so I made the obligatory smile and wave towards the camera as I went thru the intersection......
I"ll be damned but I never got a ticket...wasted a good smile for nothing :p

jdogginla
08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
You CAN beat it..........do a search. I posted it awhile back. The city must issue a 30 day notice regarding camera lights. IF the notice was not issued you can fight in court and probably win. Again, do a search, I posted an article or quoted an article where the city was going to have to refund the fines that were collected because they didn't issue a notice regarding the lights.

totenhosen
08-09-2005, 01:43 PM
And you can have a clear plastic cover over your license.
Nope

jdogginla
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
You CAN beat it..........do a search. I posted it awhile back. The city must issue a 30 day notice regarding camera lights. IF the notice was not issued you can fight in court and probably win. Again, do a search, I posted an article or quoted an article where the city was going to have to refund the fines that were collected because they didn't issue a notice regarding the lights.
K....for some reason I can't post the original link I posted in. But "Section 21455.7." deals with this. DO a search here under camera ticket....and see the thread. Kilrtoy posted the details, after I read an article where a judge refunded the fines collected by a camera light that did not have the proper notification.