PDA

View Full Version : Tear in my Labrum...

Essex29
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
So I am going in on Thursday to have some Orthoscopic surgery to repair a tear in my Labrum (shoulder). Has anyone ever had this procedure done that can give some info?
They say the healing time is 2-3 weeks, soes this sound accurate?
Between the baby being born and now this I have not been able to enjoy my boat very much. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:06 PM
sorry to hear that.. I have not or know of anyone for any info for you. But I am sure you will be fine up and runnin that boat soon.. good luck.. ;)

Essex29
08-08-2005, 02:09 PM
sorry to hear that.. I have not or know of anyone for any info for you. But I am sure you will be fine up and runnin that boat soon.. good luck.. ;)
thanks!

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
your welcome.. :rollside:

Essex29
08-08-2005, 02:11 PM
you guys still have a plumbing biz in the west side? What the name of it?

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:13 PM
you guys still have a plumbing biz in the west side? What the name of it?
yes it is JLK plumbing :D

hoolign
08-08-2005, 02:29 PM
yes it is JLK plumbing :D
Just
Love
Ka ka????? :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Just
Love
Ka ka????? :p
LMAO!! everyone has to shit.. so I know I always have a shitty job.. :p

moonridge_mike
08-08-2005, 10:05 PM
I had this same injury. I had surgery on it as well. I was in a sling for 5 weeks. Then physical therapy for 3 months. I also had ligaments that were strecthed out and had to be tightened front and rear. Good luck!! Shoulder injuries suck!!!

beer hunter
08-09-2005, 03:18 AM
So I am going in on Thursday to have some Orthoscopic surgery to repair a tear in my Labrum (shoulder). Has anyone ever had this procedure done that can give some info?
They say the healing time is 2-3 weeks, soes this sound accurate?
Between the baby being born and now this I have not been able to enjoy my boat very much. :frown:
I had arthroscopic (sp) surgery on my left shoulder back in April to repair a severely torn Labrum and a badly degenerated A.C. joint. You will not be completely heeled in two or three weeks, it's more like two or three months but I'm sure you'll be good to go boating after a few weeks if you take it easy.
Good luck! :D

AirtimeLavey
08-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Good luck, T. Do the P.T. and you should be fine, otherwise the shoulder could bug you for years.
Btw, the 22 prop worked great this w/e. Got in tons o wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, etc. the last 4 days. Did I mention, we love the boat! :D
Cute avatar. What a sweetheart.

Essex29
08-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Good luck, T. Do the P.T. and you should be fine, otherwise the shoulder could bug you for years.
Btw, the 22 prop worked great this w/e. Got in tons o wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, etc. the last 4 days. Did I mention, we love the boat! :D
Cute avatar. What a sweetheart.
Thanks Rick...I'm glad the boat is working out for you...One thing I sure do miss is the fuel economy of that thing!

Essex29
08-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I had arthroscopic (sp) surgery on my left shoulder back in April to repair a severely torn Labrum and a badly degenerated A.C. joint. You will not be completely heeled in two or three weeks, it's more like two or three months but I'm sure you'll be good to go boating after a few weeks if you take it easy.
Good luck! :D
Luckily I don't have any degeneration...It's been 3 months for you. are you 100% now? Thanks for the info Michael!