PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint Questions

LHC Kirby
08-08-2005, 03:37 PM
1) On a new GM car (thank you Photoglou) is the privacy glass a UV protection as well? or just a dye in the glass to darken it?
2) do you have any experience with a tinted windshield? yes I know it is illegal IF you get caught.
Have a great Day! :D

THATJEFFGUY
08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
1) On a new GM car (thank you Photoglou) is the privacy glass a UV protection as well? or just a dye in the glass to darken it?
2) do you have any experience with a tinted windshield? yes I know it is illegal IF you get caught.
Have a great Day! :D
I have an '05 Tahoe with the factory tint, so I had the front side windows tinted "dark" (yeah I know it's illegal...go ahead pull me over CHiPpies, it's only a sign-off) and all the other windows done "medium" over the factory tint. It stays ALOT cooler, and now I don't even need shades when I drive. I've also tinted the front windshield before (light). It makes a big difference when all the other windows are tinted. Just make sure you have a GOOD tint shop do it, so it's all done in one piece !

HocusPocus
08-08-2005, 05:14 PM
my truck has window tint from the factory.. but i am going to get it done a bit darker.. even though i did recieve a ticket on two of my last vehicles for doing it.
i have never had the windshield all tinted.. just a 5" strip across the very top.
the only problem i have with tinting is that if you do alot of night driving you tend to get some reflection from the inside off your instrument panels and its kinda annoying sometimes.

LHC Kirby
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
so.... are you both saying it is factory "Tint" and has UV protection? or just privacy glass?

Caribbean Jet
08-08-2005, 07:51 PM
I've been told that its just like the factory glass that is up front just darker. I was told that you should put a tent over the factory. Now this was also coming from a guy that does tenting.

THATJEFFGUY
08-08-2005, 07:53 PM
so.... are you both saying it is factory "Tint" and has UV protection? or just privacy glass?
GM uses Solar Ray glass which cuts heat and UV transmission.