PDA

View Full Version : American Offshore Deck Boats

Topock Junkie
08-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Whats the word on these boats. Quality, Ride, Customer Service. Lets here it...

NOTALENT
08-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Check out the Domn8er deck boats...those are nice...
Im not sure about the deck boats...but from what I have learned since the new owner took over...quality has went down....

Topock Junkie
08-09-2005, 09:16 AM
All white isn't bad. Some of these boats out there look like someone got carried away with the magic markers.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-09-2005, 09:21 AM
So a deck boat is next, eh Kevin? :D Did you put the Hallet in the trader yet?
Our boat is fixed and we are finally going to the river this weekend, you guys gonna be there?? :mix:
And there is nothing wrong with all white boats at all. ;)

NOTALENT
08-09-2005, 09:24 AM
All white isn't bad. Some of these boats out there look like someone got carried away with the magic markers.
I really like the all white boats...there always in style..and u can tell how old they are... :rollside:

FASTERDAMITT
08-09-2005, 09:24 AM
It all depends on your budget. I think you can buy a three year old graphics outdated Eliminator or Magic for the same price as a new A/O. Put your savings in the bank or scrap the 496 and drop in a 598. Don't worry about resale. I sold my 97 A/O cat in 2004 for what I paid for it! ;)

dicudmore
08-09-2005, 09:25 AM
appears to be a Conquest/Elim splash...
that being true I would think it would be a nice riding boat.
I've driven the Conquest and LOVED the ride

Topock Junkie
08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
I think white is good. I'm just exploring my options. I have to be careful. Karen doesn't like it when I cut holes in the garage....

boatnam2
08-09-2005, 09:29 AM
i will tell you one thing if your buying it from art be very careful.last time i bought new boat from him a a/o it had a used engine.

Essex29
08-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Check out the Domn8er deck boats...those are nice...
Im not sure about the deck boats...but from what I have learned since the new owner took over...quality has went down....
I thought Dory started the company up? :frown:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I think white is good. I'm just exploring my options. I have to be careful. Karen doesn't like it when I cut holes in the garage....
Technically, Jason cut the hole in the garage right? Your off the hook Kevin! :boxingguy :D ;)

FASTERDAMITT
08-09-2005, 10:02 AM
i will tell you one thing if your buying it from art be very careful.last time i bought new boat from him a a/o it had a used engine.
I bought my boat from Art, but I heard some shady things about him later. I'd buy used anyway. A new cat depreciates too fast nowadays.

JB in so cal
08-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Whats the word on these boats. Quality, Ride, Customer Service. Lets here it...
Test drove one last year prior to buying my boat. Rode nice, but waaaaaay to much noise - motor, rattles, hatches, etc. The price for one brand new shipped from Texas was about $10k to $15k less than what I finally spent, but it was an all white (decals were $2000-$3000 more) and a dual axel trailer. - other options would be installed out here.
The dealer in so cal sells wakeboard boats; a little out of his realm, but a nice guy.
Just didn't feel right, ya' know??!!
Oh and the story I heard was since Conquest copied a AO bottom for their deck boat 10 years ago, AO copied exactly the interior of a Top Cat deck boat. Never confirmed, just rumor.

boatnam2
08-09-2005, 10:18 AM
yea i heard he has cleaned up his act,he is right here in norco and runs a limo place but usally has a boat laying around. so i get to be reminded of him every day i drive to work.he actually paid to have the motor built new(well sort of) but i still have a salty tatse in my mouth after 8 years.

Topock Junkie
08-09-2005, 11:57 AM
So a deck boat is next, eh Kevin? :D Did you put the Hallet in the trader yet?
Our boat is fixed and we are finally going to the river this weekend, you guys gonna be there?? :mix:
And there is nothing wrong with all white boats at all. ;)
We'll be there as long as the electrician gets my house done. If he flakes. He'll be in for a rude awakening. I'll just send Tom up to get him. You could probly imagine how that might go.

Reaper1
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Actually you have it backwards. :shift:

OGShocker
08-09-2005, 12:17 PM
The American Offshore bottom has been splashed by almost every So Cal "custom" builder. This was documented by Hot Boat (yes they do have a) Magazine. I hear the guy at AO is so pi$$ed at Conquest he turned around and splashed their Top Cat. I plan on going to Houston on Thursday, while I am there I am going to call on AO. I'll report back in a couple weeks.

dicudmore
08-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Actually you have it backwards. :shift:
ah, thanks...
I thought Conquest splashed the AO cat and AO splashed the Conquest deck :wink:

Reaper1
08-09-2005, 01:21 PM
It's hard to keep track but basically all the cats in this size range, with the exception of a few builders, are a Splash of the Talon bottom. Talon is the OG and he is the one that's pissed. Skully here on the boards has a 25' Talon and he runs 90+ with 490 horse. Proof that the original runs a little better than the copies. :wink:

cola
08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
We'll be there as long as the electrician gets my house done. If he flakes. He'll be in for a rude awakening. I'll just send Tom up to get him. You could probly imagine how that might go.
I got your pic. It would be easy to change out that panel for a couple hundred bucks at the most. Would only take a hour or so. Let me know what happends.
Late, Mike

checkr'd past
08-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Double check it to the commander. They have a connection being the former owner of commander. A nice ride anyway

LVJAKAZ
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
that being true I would think it would be a nice riding boat.
I've driven the Conquest and LOVED the ride
isnt Conquest a nice ride? I love ours..:) im very spoiled now :)

dicudmore
08-11-2005, 07:45 AM
It's hard to keep track but basically all the cats in this size range, with the exception of a few builders, are a Splash of the Talon bottom. Talon is the OG and he is the one that's pissed. Skully here on the boards has a 25' Talon and he runs 90+ with 490 horse. Proof that the original runs a little better than the copies. :wink:
true that...the Talon is bitchin' :wink: