PDA

View Full Version : Dog Lovers Help!!!!

rivrbrat
08-11-2005, 07:16 PM
I am wondering if I did something wrong. I live in Orange County. Today I went to the pet store and took my dog with me. I decided to run into Target after the pet store. Mind you all the windows were rolled all the way down and the back is open too. Plus I have a bowl of water for my baby (Gelee) and she is a Rotti. I park under a tree which is completely shaded and get out when all of a sudden this woman say hey you are only going to be in there for 5 minutes right and I look at her and said why and she said well you have your dog in the car and it's like so.. She starts raising her voice telling me that if I am not out in 5 minutes she is calling Animal Control on me and she shows me her phone.. I just looked at her and and kept walking. So I 'm wondering did I miss something was I wrong for leaving my dog in the car, in the shade, windows open and a bowl of water? My dog goes everywhere with me, she loves to drive in the car. The only time I leave her at home is when it gets over 95 degrees outside.....

Kilrtoy
08-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Would you leave your baby in there, if the answer is NO, then you have the answer....

Riverkid
08-11-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't think your missing anything. There are jacka$$es everywhere, even the OC. As long as your dog had water, shade and fresh air, I think you did evrything you could. Let the old hag take a walk... We take our golden everywhere and he's had no problems in similar dealios... Not much warmer than laying on the patio at home!

cola
08-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I leave my dog in my truck all the time. With water & the windows down. Could you sit in the car?? Then your dog can sit in there. I would not leave my kid in the car with the AC on so ? If your dog was at home in the back yard would it be any cooler. I think not.

Mrs.Racer277
08-11-2005, 07:30 PM
With the windows down, shade, and water I don't think it would be much different then being out side. I personally would not do it myself in the summer. :)

MagicMtnDan
08-11-2005, 07:32 PM
What you did wrong was not beat that woman over the head for not minding her own focking business! :sqeyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2005, 07:37 PM
I would have told her to kiss your ass. you had water, in shade and windows open..some people are so ****ing stupid sometimes.. have to be in everyones business.

rivrbrat
08-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Would you leave your baby in there, if the answer is NO, then you have the answer....
Obviously your years in law enforcement has clouded your views on animals verses human beings.... And no I would not leave me baby or my puppy in the car but I would leave my 2 year old Rott = 14 years old and my 14 year son in the car if it wasn't to hot......

rivrbrat
08-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I would have told her to kiss your ass. you had water, in shade and windows open..some people are so ****ing stupid sometimes.. have to be in everyones business.
I kinda did. As I was walking away I told her f*** u....

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I kinda did. As I was walking away I told her f*** u....
good for you.. she diserved it and then some.. :D

rivrbrat
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
With the windows down, shade, and water I don't think it would be much different then being out side. I personally would not do it myself in the summer. :)
My dog makes it pretty tuff for me. When I grab my keys she thinks it's her que to guard the door and makes sure I don't leave the house without her. Now if it is really hot I do make her stay home... 85 degrees in OC today I don't think that's too hot....

HocusPocus
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
quick question..
you said the windows were rolled all the way down.. which means the dog could get out or possibly bite someone. even if the dog wouldn't.. she could.
3 years ago my wifes brother had a dog in his truck with the windows down.. this was in the evening.. so temp wasn't a problem. however when he came out this guy parked nexted to him claimed that the dog bit him.. the police were called a report was taken.. animal control was called out and the dog was taken. never really found out how much money or time it took to get the dog back, he didn't like talking about it.
all of this was based on the california leash law.

Kilrtoy
08-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Obviously your years in law enforcement has clouded your views on animals verses human beings.... And no I would not leave me baby or my puppy in the car but I would leave my 2 year old Rott = 14 years old and my 14 year son in the car if it wasn't to hot......
Clouded no , disturbed yes...
So you leave a (IM GUESSING HERE) 100 plus pound dog in the car with the windows down...... So what happens when some little kid comes by and teases the dog and the dog.......... I'm sure you can figure the rest out..... :hammerhea

BADASS38CHEVY
08-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Are dogs go everywhere with us .We take them to work everyday almost. When we go to the store we leave ours in the car with all of the windows down enough and leave water with ice most of the time or just water .When it is really hot we leave the a/c on in the mini van and carry a spare key.I dont worry about anyone stealing our van because i know nobody will get near our van with out our dogs wanting to kill them.Thats there van,at least they think so.Dont worry.

rivrbrat
08-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Are dogs go everywhere with us .We take them to work everyday almost. When we go to the store we leave ours in the car with all of the windows down enough and leave water with ice most of the time or just water .When it is really hot we leave the a/c on in the mini van and carry a spare key.I dont worry about anyone stealing our van because i know nobody will get near our van with out our dogs wanting to kill them.Thats there van,at least they think so.Dont worry.
Thanks BADASS..... :rollside:

38cig
08-11-2005, 09:01 PM
i live in vegas (yes hot) if your rott could keep from being taken i'd leave um with water and shade and the windows down, still the same as the back yard no matter where your at, hot yes, well so is the sand on the beach and i know you'd walk um there if you could, we all would i think. f n crybabies, i love dogs and he was happier there than left home for sure, f um :cry:

Big Warlock
08-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Remember a 14 year old kid knows to get out of the vehicle of it get stoo hot. Is the Rotti able to get out of the vehicle via the windows? Then the only issue is whether the Rotti will stay in the car and not bite anyone.
My dog goes with me everywhere. She is a 95 lb Weimeriener. I have a second set of keys and she lays in the back with her chew toys and such. Windows are tinted and A/C is on.
Last week, after the lake, we went to Top Shelf where a concerned patron found me to inform me my vehicle was running and the lights were on. I thanked him and tossed him the keys. I explained that my girl Gertrude was sleeping in the back and he could go check on her. He figured it out quickly when he approached the truck and she let him no he wasn't welcome to her slunber party. He brought back my keys right in the middle of my second taco. Damn life is good sometimes!! :hammer2: :hammer2:

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2005, 09:16 PM
One of my artists I work for " BT" had a lil pup that his bitch ass girlfriend left in the car to go into a coffee shop, she ran into a friend and got sidetracked talking for 15 min. Came out and the pup was dead, very real danger.

bordsmnj
08-11-2005, 09:24 PM
woman was a nosy bitch . :argue: fricken liberals!

Kilrtoy
08-11-2005, 09:51 PM
One of my artists I work for " BT" had a lil pup that his bitch ass girlfriend left in the car to go into a coffee shop, she ran into a friend and got sidetracked talking for 15 min. Came out and the pup was dead, very real danger.
stop comparing animals that dont mean shit to humans , just ask RIVRBRAT

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Comparing what to errr, what was that again Miguel? you lost me man?

Rexone
08-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I take my dog alot of places but never leave him in truck on hot day unless it's for a very short time with the AC running. If I have to go in an shop or something where he cannot go I just leave him home or make other arrangements where he's not in the truck and I never deviate from that.
Cool day or night different story. I don't trust the AC that much either... truck dies = dog dies. i crack the windows but that's not enough on hot day inside can easily top 120-130 in short time. Windows open wide not an option for me anyway, dog jumps out or gets stolen, neither are acceptable outcomes.
Dogs don't have the sweating capability or capacity of humans either so to compare the 2 in terms of survivability from heat is a bogus comparison.
just my .02

rivrbrat
08-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Boy your mind still is clouded.... You were the one comparing amimals to humans not me buddy....

Captain Dan
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
I don't think your missing anything. There are jacka$$es everywhere, even the OC. As long as your dog had water, shade and fresh air, I think you did evrything you could. Let the old hag take a walk... We take our golden everywhere and he's had no problems in similar dealios... Not much warmer than laying on the patio at home!
Everywhere, EVEn in the OC? Don't you mean ESPECIALLY in the OC? :p

Riverkid
08-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Everywhere, EVEn in the OC? Don't you mean ESPECIALLY in the OC? :p
Yes sir, you got me on that one. When we lived in Foothill Ranch let's just say some of the neighbors were less than friendly?...
Rex is right about the AC stuff. You should see what the LE guys are running now in their K-9 cars to protect the dogs. Park with the hood open, cooling blankets over all the exposed glass, remote alarming for inside car temp, etc. etc. Car throws a belt or quits and it gets hot in there right now!

Vada
08-12-2005, 08:30 AM
I agree with leaving your dog in a AirConditioned car for 5 even 10 minutes Tops. Anything longer than that, leave them at home. They might whine a bit but thats better than the dog dying from heat exhaustion.
Windows down....your looking for trouble. What if the dog jumped out and bit someone. It happens.

topless
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Ask ShockwaveBob, he's an expert on this subject. :idea:

laveydayz
08-12-2005, 09:08 AM
sounds like a nosy biaatch!! I left my dog in the truck Saturday with the ac going while I ran into 7eleven. As I was paying I hear him barking and the little shiat put his paw on the power window button and rolled the drivers window down. Hes a bulldog puppy, so not much harm to anyone but it was pretty funny!!!

maxwedge
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
My lab has some sort of sepraration anxiety thing. She was abondoned as a pup or something. If I leave her in the car by herself for more than about 3 seconds she throws a huge tantrum and starts re-upholstering Sh$t with her teeth. All the while she makes sounds like shes dying even when it's forty degrees out. This attracts stupid people like a jet-ski rally. Needless to say, she stays home a lot

Powerquestboy
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
For god sakes THEIR DOGS!! I gaurantee any dog in the world would rather be in a car, in the shade with fresh air and water than sitting at home locked in a house. If your going to be 15 minutes tell the bi#tch to F off or call the cops. If your going to be an hour maybe leave it at home. In phoenix I would never ever leave a dog in the car for obvious reasons. but for 15 minutes, in so cal, 85 degrees out...no problem. Only thing that scares me is Windows all the way down keep them down enough so the dog can get his head out, no further. Dont want anyone stealing your dog or him getting out and biting anyone.
We use to take our dog everywhere as a kid, ballpark, grocery store, etc. The dog would ride in the back of the truck, No AC, no leather seats, no DVD player, in the bed, head out the side, tongue hanging out! Take the dog wood cutting and it rides on top of the stack of wood on the way home. Dog was hit once by the mail man, once by a jeep while running through the woods lived until it was 16. Their dogs believe me they can take it.

meaniam
08-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I am wondering if I did something wrong. I live in Orange County. Today I went to the pet store and took my dog with me. I decided to run into Target after the pet store. Mind you all the windows were rolled all the way down and the back is open too. Plus I have a bowl of water for my baby (Gelee) and she is a Rotti. I park under a tree which is completely shaded and get out when all of a sudden this woman say hey you are only going to be in there for 5 minutes right and I look at her and said why and she said well you have your dog in the car and it's like so.. She starts raising her voice telling me that if I am not out in 5 minutes she is calling Animal Control on me and she shows me her phone.. I just looked at her and and kept walking. So I 'm wondering did I miss something was I wrong for leaving my dog in the car, in the shade, windows open and a bowl of water? My dog goes everywhere with me, she loves to drive in the car. The only time I leave her at home is when it gets over 95 degrees outside.....
i dont see a problem windows down. water. the dogs mostly stay outside in the heat all day anyways. tell her to f@ck off and dont get her panties to wet. that is what i do

meaniam
08-12-2005, 10:31 AM
sounds like a nosy biaatch!! I left my dog in the truck Saturday with the ac going while I ran into 7eleven. As I was paying I hear him barking and the little shiat put his paw on the power window button and rolled the drivers window down. Hes a bulldog puppy, so not much harm to anyone but it was pretty funny!!!
that is funny. imagine if he would have hit the lock feature and rolled the window up. you would have a bunch of ignorant f@cks everywhere. i could just picture him looking you out though with the a/c on

MAINEVENT
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Some people need to shut the fock up and mind their business I had my dog in the back of my truck with water mind the back of my truck is fully open :rolleyes: and was gonna run into the gas station to pay and this lady goes off on me on how mean and cruel i was #1 his leash wont allow him to jump out #2 he had water #3 its not like i had any windows its the back of a pick up for christ sake needless to say i told the lady to fock off and went about my business
I think you did nothing wrong IMO :wink: :)

cola
08-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Hell if it's to hot in the truck I'll let her sit out front of the store in the shade.
Without a leash. F them it's your dog.
Late, Mike

Froggystyle
08-12-2005, 12:23 PM
My dog pretty much comes with me everywhere. Work every day, any errands on the way home. If it is hot, she gets AC and the tinted windows. Too hot for the risk? I don't stop, I go home or she stays at work in the office with AC.
Pampered? For sure. She is really important to me though, and like Miguel says, I wouldn't leave her anywhere I wouldn't leave a child with the same ability to rectify a situation. She can't just step out or come get me if something happens, so I worry constantly.
I might look into one of those remote temperature things. If I have to ditch for something (on the way to the river, stop to get food or something) I leave the truck in the shade with a shade panel up and the engine running with AC on. I would like the added comfort of knowing that it is still cool in the car if available.

msimpson
08-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Had a friend that did that and someone stole his dog!

Kilrtoy
08-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Boy your mind still is clouded.... You were the one comparing amimals to humans not me buddy....
No I proposed a question, you compared a 2 year old rott to your 14 year old kid....
See below
but I would leave my 2 year old Rott = 14 years old and my 14 year son in the car if it wasn't to hot......

MAINEVENT
08-12-2005, 03:04 PM
What would Frenchie say about this :hammerhea :idea:

sorry dog
08-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Damn. I'm surprised this thread stayed on topic for so long...

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-12-2005, 03:32 PM
What would Frenchie say about this :hammerhea :idea:
red rover red rover send all your dogs over. :2purples: :shift: :shift:

rivrbrat
08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
QUOTE=Kilrtoy]No I proposed a question, you compared a 2 year old rott to your 14 year old kid....
See below
but I would leave my 2 year old Rott = 14 years old and/or my 14 year son in the car if it wasn't too hot......[/QUOTE]
(This is your quote)
''Would you leave your baby in there, if the answer is NO, then you have the answer....''
No you proposed a analogy comparing a baby to a dog.
I was attempting to clarify for you the difference between a 2 year old dog and its perceived age in human years. It doesn’t equal……BABY
Your analogy SUCKS.

RiverDave
08-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Personally I don't think you did anything wrong, but that's me..
I take Neva just about everywhere I go.. Work everyday, where she gets to sit in a little 10 x 10 office for 8 hours.. If I go see customers then she goes in the car with me and I just leave the truck running with the AC on. I've never had a problem with it so far.. I typically check on the truck though if things are taking longer then expected.
RD

RiverDave
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Man I gotta disagree with that a little bit Kilrtoy. My dog means quite a bit to me. Pretty sure I said it before on here, but if I was in Havasu and I saw my dog struggling to swim and some of the trash that hangs out up there struggling.. I'd step on senior gang bangers head to get to my dog. That's just me though.
RD

Mrs.Racer277
08-12-2005, 07:50 PM
My dog makes it pretty tuff for me. When I grab my keys she thinks it's her que to guard the door and makes sure I don't leave the house without her. Now if it is really hot I do make her stay home... 85 degrees in OC today I don't think that's too hot....
I agree that is not hot at all. :) My back yard is hotter and that is were our doggy is sometimes. :frown: We have had 5 weeks of over 100. :yuk:

Kilrtoy
08-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Man I gotta disagree with that a little bit Kilrtoy. My dog means quite a bit to me. Pretty sure I said it before on here, but if I was in Havasu and I saw my dog struggling to swim and some of the trash that hangs out up there struggling.. I'd step on senior gang bangers head to get to my dog. That's just me though.
RD
No I was referring to the thread starter

Kilrtoy
08-12-2005, 08:16 PM
This is not an ANALOGY... It is a question...
So your response double sucks....... GROW UP......
Sorry not everyone thinks its cool to leave a large animal with the abilityto kill human beings, loose in a car....
:)

cola
08-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry not everyone thinks its cool to leave a large animal with the abilityto kill human beings, loose in a car....
?????

rivrbrat
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrtoy
I never said she was large or vicious... Now you are making a complete ASS out of yourself just to try and get your views across.... :mix:

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
This attracts stupid people like a jet-ski rally.
HAHAHA!!! Now that's funny!!! :D:D
My dog rode in the back of my truck. I would leave him in the back while I went into the store, mind you it was not the mall. I also had him inside with the A/C running when it was too hot. Sometimes my truck never gets turned off all day, and it being a diesel I trust it.
And canine and human "cooling systems" are similar. Both are based on the temperature loss from the evaporation of water.
If you trust your dog and its surroundings, I see no problem.
What the hell does leaving a dog and a baby in the car have to do with each other? Sorry, I am at a loss here.... :rolleyes:

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Now you are making a complete ASS out of yourself just to try and get your views across.... :mix:
:eek:
:hammerhea

Kilrtoy
08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrtoy
I never said she was large or vicious... Now you are making a complete ASS out of yourself just to try and get your views across.... :mix:
Yeah, i'm an ass, tell me something new... so you have a small rott that cant kick a poddles ass..... Give me a break....
Im not trying to get any point across, I think you started this one....just because you did not like my response.... get over it... What next my boat is faster than yours
:idea:

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 09:03 PM
What next my boat is faster than yours :idea:
I think that's a more likely next argument than, "my wife is hotter than yours".

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I think that's a more likely next argument than, "my wife is hotter than yours".
I was thinking which one had bigger titties. :cool:

sorry dog
08-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I can shit faster than you.

Tom Brown
08-12-2005, 09:40 PM
I can shit faster than you.
My dog can eat through a door.
No... wait... that's your dog.

IN2-IN2MX
08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Um...I don't really see anything wrong with what you did. You should have told that lady to get a life!!! :yuk: What's next, she's gonna wanna come over and see how you parent your children too? :rolleyes: