PDA

View Full Version : tow with covers

38cig
08-11-2005, 09:27 PM
do you tow with your cockpit covers???????? will the flaping hurt anything????????
yes or no

unleashed
08-11-2005, 09:30 PM
I have a complete cover for my boat and learned the hard way not to tow with it on. I dont think a cockpit cover would hurt though...not sure??
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Throttle
08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I dont tow much anymore, but when I do I snap on bow and cockpit covers. Keeps the dirt out, nice...

purrfecttremor
08-12-2005, 03:16 AM
yes i learned many years ago the flaping wears out the gel coat and your interior.

Powerquestboy
08-12-2005, 07:09 AM
My last boat had a windshield and most of the cover rested on that and the back hatch. The guy that build my cover put a liner on the parts that contacted the upholstery on the back hatch. Never hurt the boat one bit towed with the cover on everytime I used for 3 years. If I had a cover that contacted the gel coat I would never tow with it on, and I never towed with my full cover. So it depends on the boat and your set-up. Being able to tow with a cockpit is awesome incase of rain, wind storms etc.

Jordy
08-12-2005, 07:54 AM
My cockpit cover snaps all the way around and is tight against the high back seats. No flapping at all. Not an issue. :D

TCS T
08-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Towing with a tight fitting cockpit cover that is lined with a soft cotton material in the contact areas does not cause any damage, and really keeps the inside of the boat bug and debri free. But, my experience towing with a full cover on was that the boat got pretty beat up!

nodigg
08-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Why cover the boat for the 1/2 mile drive to Windsor? :rolleyes:

Jordy
08-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Why cover the boat for the 1/2 mile drive to Windsor? :rolleyes:
You mean 1/2 mile from storage to the shop for blower problems don't you??? :D :D :D
Don't worry though, mine is right next door to yours, or at least it was on Monday. ;)

nodigg
08-12-2005, 08:58 AM
You mean 1/2 mile from storage to the shop for blower problems don't you??? :D :D :D
Don't worry though, mine is right next door to yours, or at least it was on Monday. ;)
You got that right, who needs a cover when your new upholstery is sitting out in the sun for weeks on end waiting for the mechanic or glass guy to decide to work on it? Oh, and the Whipple is off since I cannot get a return call from ANYONE at Whipple about swap info from private owners of 2300r's.

Big Warlock
08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
cockpit cover ok.
boat cover with bungees and such, not ok.
:yuk:

Jordy
08-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Whipple is off since I cannot get a return call from ANYONE at Whipple
Wow, that sounds familiar. Sorry to hear that Homer... :( :( :(