PDA

View Full Version : Yardhouse?

wantacat
08-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Taking the boat out to the yardhouse for the first time. Were can I launch that is closest to the yardhouse? Off 2nd? Or is there somewere closer? What should I clean my boat with after I take it out of the salt water?

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2005, 10:00 PM
Taking the boat out to the yardhouse for the first time. Were can I launch that is closest to the yardhouse? Off 2nd? Or is there somewere closer? What should I clean my boat with after I take it out of the salt water?
scopeinfo.com can help you out if no one else helps ya here, i honestly dont know.

Riverkid
08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
There is a public launch ramp across from the Yard House/Shoreline Village on the Queen Mary side. It's a nice ramp with flush facilities. Get some Salt Away or other type mix from West Marine and use it when you flush the motor. Don't forget about washing your trailer down really well, especially the brakes.
Lots of folks dump their rigs in a freshwater lake after an ocean run to ensure all the salt is washed away.
PS- The Yardhouse has slips available behind the place. They normally have someone like Sal there on the weekends to help you dock there. There is a fee. Enjoy.

wantacat
08-12-2005, 07:06 AM
There is a public launch ramp across from the Yard House/Shoreline Village on the Queen Mary side. It's a nice ramp with flush facilities. Get some Salt Away or other type mix from West Marine and use it when you flush the motor. Don't forget about washing your trailer down really well, especially the brakes.
Lots of folks dump their rigs in a freshwater lake after an ocean run to ensure all the salt is washed away.
PS- The Yardhouse has slips available behind the place. They normally have someone like Sal there on the weekends to help you dock there. There is a fee. Enjoy.
Do you know how to get to the launch ramp? Do I take the 710 and go towards queen mary?

Quality Time
08-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Why not launch at Newport or Dana Point and enjoy a boat ride up the coast? Why no-wake it to the Yardhouse form the nearest ramp?

jdogginla
08-12-2005, 07:32 AM
There is a nicer launch ramp on Second St across from the albertsons that isn't nearly as crowded. It also has a wash down area.

jdogginla
08-12-2005, 07:32 AM
Why not launch at Newport or Dana Point and enjoy a boat ride up the coast? Why no-wake it to the Yardhouse form the nearest ramp?
True dat :rollside:

dicudmore
08-12-2005, 07:44 AM
There is a nicer launch ramp on Second St across from the albertsons that isn't nearly as crowded. It also has a wash down area.
that'd be Davies...
6201 E 2nd st
launched there numerous times :cool:

Riverkid
08-12-2005, 08:16 AM
Do you know how to get to the launch ramp? Do I take the 710 and go towards queen mary?
710 S towards the harbor. Take the ramp for the QM side exit (don't go downtown). Exit is I believe the second offramp. Turn L at bottom of the ramp, go under the fwy and through the stop sign. Go around the West Coast Hotel and make the turn R into the ramp area. Sorry, I was down there for a week for the Catalina race but I don't know all the exits...
PS - all the rain runoff has the LA River channel there VERY shallow. Watch the tide and your drive going across to the YH or you will be very pissy!

Big Warlock
08-12-2005, 10:13 AM
What kind of boat? If it's a dinghy, then yea, launch close by. If you have an Outerlimits, the Dunes or Dana Point would make a worthy run.
I wonder how much fuel is going for at the fuel docks in Newport?? :idea:

No Regrets
08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
I can tell you I paid 4.10 a gallon in Avalon on Saturday.
Funny, I dont think those big yacht boat folk enjoyd my non muffled 500 EFI's idlin into the fuel dock @ 8am while they were sippin their coffee :coffeycup

Water Romper
08-12-2005, 11:11 AM
You can launch at Marine Stadium but I recommend the ramp “jdog” suggested. Its right across from Long Beach ship yard. :smile:

wantacat
08-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Good point, I will cruise during the day and Im going to be at the yardhouse until like 1-2am so I would like to idle back.

wantacat
08-12-2005, 06:34 PM
What kind of boat? If it's a dinghy, then yea, launch close by. If you have an Outerlimits, the Dunes or Dana Point would make a worthy run.
Its a Nordic Heat.

Riverkid
08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
I can tell you I paid 4.10 a gallon in Avalon on Saturday.
Funny, I dont think those big yacht boat folk enjoyd my non muffled 500 EFI's idlin into the fuel dock @ 8am while they were sippin their coffee :coffeycup
We did that a few times B4 the ski race. F-em if they don't like it, cause everybody on the island digs it! :D

bchbum
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM
Stadium closed this week end for boat races . At low tide they close the 1 across from the Yard House , to shallow .Doing Davies or come up the coast would be best