PDA

View Full Version : interior & exterior LED lighting??

MOBrien
08-12-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm thinking of adding some interior "mood" lighting and was wondering where to get the best all-inclusive & easiest to install LED lighting kits for boat use. Also wondering if there are any retrofit kits available for the exterior green & red light bulbs on the bow....the ones recess-mounted in the metal oval plates. Flush-mounted LED's up there would be sweet.
Thanks!
-MOB

Krumbsnatcher
08-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking of adding some interior "mood" lighting and was wondering where to get the best all-inclusive & easiest to install LED lighting kits for boat use. Also wondering if there are any retrofit kits available for the exterior green & red light bulbs on the bow....the ones recess-mounted in the metal oval plates. Flush-mounted LED's up there would be sweet.
Thanks!
-MOB
pep boys all the light sticks can be mounted to just right under your seat bases etc..

MOBrien
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Wire that stuff directly to the battery or to the accessory switch? Also, any ideas for external LED retrofits for the red/green lights?
Thanks for the heads-up on Pep Boys.
-MOB

Krumbsnatcher
08-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Wire that stuff directly to the battery or to the accessory switch? Also, any ideas for external LED retrofits for the red/green lights?
Thanks for the heads-up on Pep Boys.
-MOB
I ran mine off of my accessory / cabin light switches. I would run a separate toggle switch so they are only on when you can really see em (dark).
All the lights come with a sound sensor so you can run em in solid mode or sound sensitive.